GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A part of me feels bad for Melnyk. A small part. I would certainly welcome new ownership.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:A part of me feels bad for Melnyk.  A small part.  I would certainly welcome new ownership.
NotWorthy All bow and welcome our new overlords!

Laugh1

I think Melnyk has proven that the financial strain of a hockey team may be too much for him and his holdings to handle. I don’t doubt that he cares about this franchise but the economic strain it has put on him has gotten him way to emotionally involved in the management of the team and the interaction with the staff and it’s players. Not all owners are perfect but I would obviously prefer a more absent (and deep pocketed) owner. 
I’ll be forever grateful for what he’s done for this franchise but for over 5-6 years he hasn’t worked always in sync with the best interest of the franchise.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Chabot recalled.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Senators have had a lot of injuries. Karlsson missed 7, Ryan 8, White 19 and counting, same for MacArthur. Now Wideman will miss "months" and Boro may be in the same ballpark. And on top of that, our goaltending has been sub par.

It's time for the kids to step up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Chabot recalled.

I wondered if they would recall him. With a horrific power play you want him there, but he's probably learning well in the ahl.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hopefully Boucher actually gives Chabot reasonable minutes and just goes with 6D, but I can totally see him going with 7D since he might want to "protect" Chabot a bit.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Hopefully Boucher actually gives Chabot reasonable minutes and just goes with 6D, but I can totally see him going with 7D since he might want to "protect" Chabot a bit.

Let him go. It's time. Serg is doing well, other young players are doing well, let's do it.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Ah c'mon! I went and bought tickets to the Marlies vs BSens this past weekend for the game coming up on this Saturday afternoon. As I was watching Boro laying on the ice I actually told the kids, "we may not see Chabot next weekend"

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:

Ah c'mon! I went and bought tickets to the Marlies vs BSens this past weekend for the game coming up on this Saturday afternoon. As I was watching Boro laying on the ice I actually told the kids, "we may not see Chabot next weekend"

That stinks man, my sympathies.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hobiesens wrote:

You will still see White, Chlapik, Perron, Gagne and more.

And, of course, The Hamburglar! (robble-robble)

Gagne has been scoring up a storm (8 goals and 1 assist, I think -- well on his way to a Cy Young).

Perron is following a trajectory similar to Hoffman. Could be an interesting prospect in a couple years.

Chlapik is my dark-horse favorite prospect. Had excellent offensive stats in the Q and plays with an edge.

P.S. Chabot was a team-worst -7 in only 12 games. Yikes! Did Pierre know that?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:

You will still see White, Chlapik, Perron, Gagne and more.

And, of course, The Hamburglar!  (robble-robble)

Gagne has been scoring up a storm (8 goals and 1 assist, I think -- well on his way to a Cy Young).

Perron is following a trajectory similar to Hoffman.  Could be an interesting prospect in a couple years.

Chlapik is my dark-horse favorite prospect.  Had excellent offensive stats in the Q and plays with an edge.

P.S. Chabot was a team-worst -7 in only 12 games. Yikes!  Did Pierre know that?

Wow, did not know that about Gagne. I had him as a high probability of a bust since his first three strides left a lot to be desired. Good to hear that he’s rounding out. Same for Perron.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Another Gabriel joins the Sens ranks as the Sens pick Dumont from waivers (TBay). He must have played for Boucher way back when. Is he trying to rebuild Tampa's old 4th line?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No supplemental discipline to Smith for the hit on Borowiecki. He got 5 minutes and a game, the Sens should have made him pay by scoring a couple.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Correction -- Dumont didn't play for Boucher in Tampa. He played for him in Drummondville.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I guess Hobiesens won't see the Hamburglar after all, as he's been recalled by the Avalanche to back-up Bernier (Varlamov's been sick).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, with DiDomenico waived, I assume Dumont will draw in against the Jackets.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So officially out of a playoff spot in the standings. I’m not surprised, but I’ve been saying it for a while. How long are people going to make excuses for this teamsaying we are better than what the record actually shows us. Both Boston and Carolina are ahead of us with the same amount of game played. Sure, we could catch Detroit up in a hurry but it doesn’t mean we start winning games.

Gabriel Dumont isn’t the answer to our woes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's a 4 game losing streak.

Don't forget we had no trouble scoring early in the season. We also had a PP that went from 0 in whatever (nearly 20, I think) to #12 overall, if not higher.

Need a positive streak, now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum