GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chris Wideman "ripped" his hamstring, and will be out weeks.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Probably the end of his Sens career

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Harpur recalled.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Probably the end of his Sens career

He'll probably play in a Sens uniform again, but I'd be surprised if he finished the season here.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ouch, that sucks.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Damn, that is painful.  Been there and it won't feel good for months.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Havlat had a partially torn hamstring and was out 3 full months. If "ripped" is worse than "partially torn" (as opposed to just Boucher's use of English) he could miss most of the rest of the season.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I feel bad for him. I think he’s been up and down under Guy Boucher. Maybe he wasn’t the best fit under the system. Doesn’t seem like he’s part of the Sens long term plans past this season. Does he get healthy soon enough for him to get into shape and find some trade value?

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Update on sale of Sens.  Team is hemorrhaging money. Melnyk is keeping payroll high despite low attendance to maintain franchise value.  Local group will pull trigger on negotiations once Lebreton is finalized or at least most hurdles are done.  Group includes Tomlinson and likely Greenberg and Ruddy.  

That would be Tomlinson, Minto and Trinity. There are smaller players and perhaps a former Captain would be given a small equity piece for being highly visible.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Update on sale of Sens.  Team is hemorrhaging money. Melnyk is keeping payroll high despite low attendance to maintain franchise value.  Local group will pull trigger on negotiations once Lebreton is finalized or at least most hurdles are done.  Group includes Tomlinson and likely Greenberg and Ruddy.  

That would be Tomlinson, Minto and Trinity. There are smaller players and perhaps a former Captain would be given a small equity piece for being highly visible.

Any interest in going to the press with this?

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

This is not a secret.  This is a pretty small city.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:This is not a secret.  This is a pretty small city.

then it will leak out or would have leaked out by now

I was just asking because I have good connections with the press here

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Even Flo heard rumblings and I don't think he's in Ottawa.  The only part of what I heard that I believe with 100% certainty is Tomlinson is a major part of the group and Melnyk will sell.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Even Flo heard rumblings and I don't think he's in Ottawa.  The only part of what I heard that I believe with 100% certainty is Tomlinson is a major part of the group and Melnyk will sell.

Well the team actually just announced a partnership with Tomlinson so it makes sense

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Even Flo heard rumblings and I don't think he's in Ottawa.  The only part of what I heard that I believe with 100% certainty is Tomlinson is a major part of the group and Melnyk will sell.

Well the team actually just announced a partnership with Tomlinson so it makes sense
What I heard is the group looking into buying part ownership included Guy Laliberté. Not sure if it’s still the same group. 

But let’s not kid ourselves, Melnyk will likely walk out if he can maximize his personal value. He’s getting old and I’m not sure if he can lead such a move as one that’s coming up. 
This would rejuvenate this franchise as orgs like to go all in when they buy a new toy. Just hope they follow the current plan and keep Dorion.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A part of me feels bad for Melnyk. A small part. I would certainly welcome new ownership.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:A part of me feels bad for Melnyk.  A small part.  I would certainly welcome new ownership.
NotWorthy All bow and welcome our new overlords!

Laugh1

I think Melnyk has proven that the financial strain of a hockey team may be too much for him and his holdings to handle. I don’t doubt that he cares about this franchise but the economic strain it has put on him has gotten him way to emotionally involved in the management of the team and the interaction with the staff and it’s players. Not all owners are perfect but I would obviously prefer a more absent (and deep pocketed) owner. 
I’ll be forever grateful for what he’s done for this franchise but for over 5-6 years he hasn’t worked always in sync with the best interest of the franchise.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chabot recalled.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum