GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

White needs more time. he was interviewed earlier this week and said he needed to adjust to the speed, size, and skill of the AHL. Who knows but a full year might benefit him - thought I doubt he's down there much longer.

I do see Chabot there all season mainly due to the number of defencemen on the team and what's been described as improving defensive play by the Bville coaching staff.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens lines at practice today:

Hoffman - Brassard - Stone
Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
Pyatt - Pageau - Dido
Burrows - Thompson - Wideman (!)

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Oduya - Boro

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Most teams don't have 4th liners with 6 points in 9 games. If you look at great teams, they are often that way because of a great top six, and the 4th line rarely gets on, except to run around and generate energy.

So the comment "on a great team they are" is incorrect.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Sens lines at practice today:

Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
Pyatt - Pageau - Dido

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Oduya - Boro

Not bad!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boucher said he liked Wideman on the 4th line and will do it more often and then he has him available to drop back to D if they need to. Sounds like a good plan.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:

Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
Pyatt - Pageau - Dido

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Oduya - Boro

Not bad!

Someone posted Phaneuf's Corsi with and without Ceci and it was a significant drop-off when playing with Ceci.

Of course the flip side of that story is that when he's not playing with Ceci he's likely playing with Karlsson and no-one would blink an eye at someone saying "Phaneuf's Corsi is significantly higher when playing with Karlsson than without".

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
Pyatt - Pageau - Dido

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Oduya - Boro

Not bad!

Someone posted Phaneuf's Corsi with and without Ceci and it was a significant drop-off when playing with Ceci.

Of course the flip side of that story is that when he's not playing with Ceci he's likely playing with Karlsson and no-one would blink an eye at someone saying "Phaneuf's Corsi is significantly higher when playing with Karlsson than without".

The Phaneuf-Oduya pairing actually seemed decent when they were together in Sweden.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Most teams don't have 4th liners with 6 points in 9 games. If you look at great teams, they are often that way because of a great top six, and the 4th line rarely gets on, except to run around and generate energy.

So the comment "on a great team they are" is incorrect.

They also were not given 4rth line minutes or duties. So maybe point wise it would be similar. Same goes for those other 4rth liners. Had they been given a different assignment. YOUR logic is incorrect Sarcasm .

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Boucher said he liked Wideman on the 4th line and will do it more often and then he has him available to drop back to D if they need to.  Sounds like a good plan.

I’ve come around a lot more to the 7D plan. It usually ends up giving more minutes to our best forwards and puts less pressure for our D to log excessive minutes.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
Pyatt - Pageau - Dido

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Oduya - Boro

Not bad!

The Phaneuf-Oduya pairing actually seemed decent when they were together in Sweden.

I was only able to watch the Friday game. Oduya looked incredibly slow to me.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looking slow playing next to Phaneuf is saying something.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kind of an odd update on Boro:

http://www.tsn.ca/borowiecki-thankful-for-personal-health-break-1.917192

Hopefully everything's alright!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not sure if we mentioned it, but Nick Paul was called up this morning. I don't think he'll play tonight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Kind of an odd update on Boro:

http://www.tsn.ca/borowiecki-thankful-for-personal-health-break-1.917192

Hopefully everything's alright!

This report mentions how he's "alluded to having had anxiety issues in the past". I don't remember reading something like that in the past, but I don't read everything, that's for sure.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Not sure if we mentioned it, but Nick Paul was called up this morning.  I don't think he'll play tonight.
Maybe it’s another showcase?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chris Wideman "ripped" his hamstring, and will be out weeks.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Probably the end of his Sens career

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Harpur recalled.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 67]