GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya there seems to be a disconnect between Boucher and Dorion in terms of player development. At some point you have to give some other players ice-time or they will never improve. He needs to have a little more faith in his younger players

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya there seems to be a disconnect between Boucher and Dorion in terms of player development. At some point you have to give some other players ice-time or they will never improve. He needs to have a little more faith in his younger players

I think Boucher has probably been pretty up front with Dorion about how he's gonna handle young players, but I'm really curious what's gonna happen when White gets the green light. 6 minutes a night or will he plant him with Pageau and Smith and let them Diddle up opponents all night.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya there seems to be a disconnect between Boucher and Dorion in terms of player development. At some point you have to give some other players ice-time or they will never improve. He needs to have a little more faith in his younger players

when he gets White he will be given a good amount of ice time. It's not about age, it's about ability.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:If we had this Mark Stone last June we'd be wearing SC Champions shirts/hats.  

I don't know if he's injury prone, but as much as I love Stone I think he's got a low pain threshold.

A Micro fractures wrist but still plays threshold?

Hes no “I’m missing a leg but who cares” Erik Karlsson but he’s likely above “glass fingers” Bobby Ryan.

Bobby played half a season with a broken finger, taking a needle to freeze it before each game. Later he said it (needle) hurt like hell.

Stone got chopped on the wrist and went down like someone chopped off his legs, screaming in pain.

Mark Methot had his finger chopped off and went after Crosby and had to be pulled back by the ref.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:If we had this Mark Stone last June we'd be wearing SC Champions shirts/hats.  

I don't know if he's injury prone, but as much as I love Stone I think he's got a low pain threshold.

A Micro fractures wrist but still plays threshold?

Hes no “I’m missing a leg but who cares” Erik Karlsson but he’s likely above “glass fingers” Bobby Ryan.

Bobby played half a season with a broken finger, taking a needle to freeze it before each game.  Later he said it (needle) hurt like hell.

Stone got chopped on the wrist and went down like someone chopped off his legs, screaming in pain.  

Mark Methot had his finger chopped off and went after Crosby and had to be pulled back by the ref.
I forgot about needles Ryan.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m all for waiting a few more weeks with white. I’m not liking our third line the way it’s looking right now but I think giving white a Time to really get into an offensive groove in Belvo can only help him when he comes up here.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:I’m all for waiting a few more weeks with white. I’m not liking our third line the way it’s looking right now but I think giving white a Time to really get into an offensive groove in Belvo can only help him when he comes up here.

I don't even know what our third line is. What is it?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I’m all for waiting a few more weeks with white. I’m not liking our third line the way it’s looking right now but I think giving white a Time to really get into an offensive groove in Belvo can only help him when he comes up here.

I don't even know what our third line is.  What is it?
Burrows, Pageau, didominico. It’s not horrible but could be better.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 37 B3894f10

New heritage jersey. Looks a lot better than the garbage the habs will be wearing. Looks a little bit like a practice jersey but could be worse.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Two of those players should be 4th liners though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Ona great team they would be yes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 37 B3894f10

New heritage jersey. Looks a lot better than the garbage the habs will be wearing. Looks a little bit like a practice jersey but could be worse.

When your warm it up, does the white/silver "O" become full colour?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Judging by their per game ice time Kunitz and Brown are 4th liners on the best team. They have 9 points in 28 games, combined.

Over on the Blues (second best team) Paajarvi and Jaskin combine for 8 points in 34 games.

The bottom 3 in LA have one assist in total, over a combined 36 games.

DiDomenico has 3+3 in 9 games played. Burrows, Thompson, Pyatt all have 3 goals and 5/6 points.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

When we're healthy one of those guys is 4th line. When and if white comes in, they're both 4th line. One doesn't even play if Thompson and Pyatt are 2 thirds of the 4th line.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

We're missing Bobby and Smith right now, plus Dorion is still going to add another forward (unless Colin White develops quickly).

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

White needs more time. he was interviewed earlier this week and said he needed to adjust to the speed, size, and skill of the AHL. Who knows but a full year might benefit him - thought I doubt he's down there much longer.

I do see Chabot there all season mainly due to the number of defencemen on the team and what's been described as improving defensive play by the Bville coaching staff.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens lines at practice today:

Hoffman - Brassard - Stone
Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
Pyatt - Pageau - Dido
Burrows - Thompson - Wideman (!)

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Oduya - Boro

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Most teams don't have 4th liners with 6 points in 9 games. If you look at great teams, they are often that way because of a great top six, and the 4th line rarely gets on, except to run around and generate energy.

So the comment "on a great team they are" is incorrect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum