GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Does anyone have a theory why Boucher hates Wideman so much?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

because he is very weak defensively

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's actually weak though, I don't know if he's weak defensively or if it's just because he's a toothpick and gets muscled off the puck a lot.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:He's actually weak though, I don't know if he's weak defensively or if it's just because he's a toothpick and gets muscled off the puck a lot.

IMO he's a good fit for the 5-6 pairing. Can run a #2 PP and isn't a huge liability in his own zone.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:He's actually weak though, I don't know if he's weak defensively or if it's just because he's a toothpick and gets muscled off the puck a lot.

IMO he's a good fit for the 5-6 pairing. Can run a #2 PP and isn't a huge liability in his own zone.

Yeah, I don't mind him at all. He'd be fine with a partner like Harpur, Boro, Jaros etc. A bigger guy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's been paired with Boro for most of his time here. Boro isn't exactly a big guy but he does play with an edge.

I think there is a general issue, though, with Boucher's system for an undersized RHD. In The System it's the RHD that typically goes back to retrieve the puck. Wideman is not as quick or crafty as Karlsson, or as big as Ceci. He needs to get stronger but you can't teach size.

Jaros will be the 3rd pairing RHD soon enough. He's actually an inch taller than Ceci so he could still gain a few lbs of muscle.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Logan Brown back to the OHL. No surprise there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Logan Brown back to the OHL.  No surprise there.

Yeah, the time had come. I would have used the crap out of him on Turris' line as a winger until the 9 game mark, but Boucher has other ideas.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's maybe the one thing I dislike about Boucher, and it's nit-picking, is his inability to trust any of the young guys. That said, he seems to know what he's doing....

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boucher says the flu is going around the room. Turris is doubtful for tomorrrow. They're gonna call a guy up.

Weird that they just wouldn't have kept Brown for a couple more games while the flu goes through.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:That's maybe the one thing I dislike about Boucher, and it's nit-picking, is his inability to trust any of the young guys.  That said, he seems to know what he's doing....
The results speak for themselves. We’re winning.

Also, I think you want to see what the blue chip talent can do regardless of who they are paired with.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:That's maybe the one thing I dislike about Boucher, and it's nit-picking, is his inability to trust any of the young guys.  That said, he seems to know what he's doing....

Last three games Brown played under 6 minutes, over 10 minutes, and just over 6 minutes. We lost two of those three games and Brown looked great in the other, which we won. And he didn't play much in the 1st that game so he was really playing on more of a 15 minutes per game pace when he looked best. Last night he didn't have a single shift in the second.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
The results speak for themselves. We’re winning.

Also, I think you want to see what the blue chip talent can do regardless of who they are paired with.

We are? We have won 1 game at home. We have lost 5.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Just because we're not losing in regulation doesn't mean we are winning. These are home points that are slipping away most of which we had 3rd period leads.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Luckily we're early in the season and Boucher can look at the third period leads blown. But again, they were lucky to have a third period lead last night. The game could have taken many different turns before the mistake that tied it.

We played some of the big boys and came out with points in all of them, so it's at least on the right track.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Luckily we're early in the season and Boucher can look at the third period leads blown.  But again, they were lucky to have a third period lead last night.  The game could have taken many different turns before the mistake that tied it.

We played some of the big boys and came out with points in all of them, so it's at least on the right track.

I agree. NJD, Toronto, and LA were division leading teams. Washington and EDM are good teams as well. Even Van and Det are over-achieving. So we've played teams with good records and came out with points in every single one. Tomorrow's game vs Philly will be a big test.

On that note, it sounds like Turris is out. With Brown being returned to the OHL, does Paul get the next call up?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Paul or Rodewald will

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I think Paul or Rodewald will

Close. Rodewald and Chlapstik.

Sponsored content