GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Off-Season Around the NHL

+7
DefenceWinsChampionships
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 22]

1062017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:51 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Worried that the VGK won't select him, the Pens are giving up a (currently undisclosed) draft pick to ensure Fleury gets selected.

1072017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Worried that the VGK won't select him, the Pens are giving up a (currently undisclosed) draft pick to ensure Fleury gets selected.
That's kind of funny. I like it!

1082017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:36 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This Vegas team will be trash. They are getting a lot of futures in picks and prospects though.

1092017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They could be good but McPhee is smart and will trade enough of those good players for picks and prospects. Good move.

1102017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:16 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They're not picking good players though (they are getting picks to get worse players). Here is their roster so far:

Forwards

Vadim Shypachev
David Perron
Oscar Lindberg
James Neal
Erik Haula
Alex Tuch
Cody Eakin
Tomas Nosek
Jonathan Marchessault
Pierre-Eduoard Bellemare

Defensemen

Marc Methot
David Schlemko
Griffin Reinhart
Colin Miller
Deryk Engelland
Brayden McNabb

Goalies
Marc-Andre Fleury
Jean-Francois Berube

1112017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:31 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:They're not picking good players though (they are getting picks to get worse players). Here is their roster so far:

Forwards

Vadim Shypachev
David Perron
Oscar Lindberg
James Neal
Erik Haula
Alex Tuch
Cody Eakin
Tomas Nosek
Jonathan Marchessault
Pierre-Eduoard Bellemare

Defensemen

Marc Methot
David Schlemko
Griffin Reinhart
Colin Miller
Deryk Engelland
Brayden McNabb

Goalies
Marc-Andre Fleury
Jean-Francois Berube

Not including Fleury, they won't have a #1 anything. No #1 D, winger, or C. This is going to be a workhorse team for a few years just to be respectable.

I agree, Ev. They aren't getting very good players, with a couple of exceptions.

1122017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:55 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Omg that golden knigh uniform is ugly!

1132017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Omg that golden knigh uniform is ugly!

Befitting the team on the ice.

1142017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hope he uses those picks wisely. Imagine not picking vatenen or mason and Dumba, to name just two examples.

1152017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Omg that golden knigh uniform is ugly!

Befitting the team on the ice.
Seeing the players where the jersey is even worse. This rivals the coyotes ugliest jersey. Grey? Who thought that would be a good idea! What was wrong with a black and gold or black and yellow trims jursey? That could have been good. This is horrendous!

1162017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:I hope he uses those picks wisely.  Imagine not picking vatenen or mason and Dumba, to name just two examples.

He got something for not taking Vaatanen.

He really should have just taken the best players available and not make any deals. Those deals are all meant to circumvent the rules of the draft.

Next time around I hope they do away with those.

1172017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I hope he uses those picks wisely.  Imagine not picking vatenen or mason and Dumba, to name just two examples.

He really should have just taken the best players available and not make any deals. Those deals are all meant to circumvent the rules of the draft.

Well they got theadore. Not a bad pick up at all.

But I agree that Vegas is getting way too much out of this expansion draft. And it's not even over yet!

1182017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:28 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So they said that methot might get traded to Dallas?

1192017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:09 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:So they said that methot might get traded to Dallas?

Yeah, sounds like that could happen as early as today.

1202017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:10 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

But I agree that Vegas is getting way too much out of this expansion draft. And it's not even over yet!

They got a few decent players and a bunch of middle draft picks. Nothing that's going to turn them into a good team. It's going to take a while.

1212017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:12 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

They got a few decent players and a bunch of middle draft picks.  Nothing that's going to turn them into a good team.  It's going to take a while.  
Sure it's not the just the players, it's the first rounders and prospects. Let's see how much they get after they trade half the team.
Just seems like a huge gap from what other expansion teams got in the past. I guess that's what half a billion buys you.

1222017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:47 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Eberle trade to NYI for Strome straight-up.  

Trevor Van Riemsdyk traded from Vegas to Carolina for a 2nd and 7th.

1232017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Barfy trade for both the islanders and the oil. I guess the oil wanted him and his salary the Diddle out

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum