GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Off-Season Around the NHL

+7
DefenceWinsChampionships
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 22]

912017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Everyone I read talking about the expansion is talking protecting their players. I don't understand why we don't go after a bigger fish! You look at who's available as an upgrade over Methot instead of paying to protect him. That way you add instead of substracting and still losing another valuable piece.

There are some quality Dmen out there. Maybe you go after dumba(if Vegas listens) that way it makes Ceci expendable to trade for that forward we want.

Unless they swing a trade for picks only, they'll have to subtract to add. You think we can get an upgrade on Methot for free?
No but if it costs us a first to protect Methot and we still wind up losing claesson I say we let them have Methot and trade a first and a decent prospect for a guy like dumba.
It costs us more but we get more.
We worry about filling methot' shoes if claesson (or possibly Phaneuf) isn't suited to that top pairing. But we upgrade on Ceci so dumba can be paired with chabot down the road or claesson or whoever we wind up picking up in FA. There are options. What I'm saying is instead of just thinking about protecting our line-up we should focus on making it better.

922017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:Voracek is pretty soft lol. I would do anything to get a prime Lucic and Landeskog

He is, but he's that speedy, big winger that has loads of skill.

Right now we should be looking at a deal with Colorado for Duchene or Landeskog, but with Chabot off the table I wonder if there's even a point.
We missed the boat on Drouin. I wonder how much more than Ceci it would have taken to get him? Ceci and a B level prospect?

932017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:37 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:Voracek is pretty soft lol. I would do anything to get a prime Lucic and Landeskog

Right now we should be looking at a deal with Colorado for Duchene or Landeskog, but with Chabot off the table I wonder if there's even a point.
We missed the boat on Drouin. I wonder how much more than Ceci it would have taken to get him? Ceci and a B level prospect?

Chabot or bust I think. They waited and waited and waited to get the Russian kid out of Montreal. Basically waited for one of us to blink IMO

942017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:03 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Chabot or bust I think.  They waited and waited and waited to get the Russian kid out of Montreal. Basically waited for one of us to blink IMO
im not sure. Rumour was during the season that they asked for Ceci +
So I think what they wanted was a young D man. Especially a righty.
Now sergachev is a lefty so technically they are still serching for a righty.unfortunetly they traded their best asset that fit our need. I know you have a soft side for palat but I feel we need a guy that's more a scorer. Also, I think they won't be trading any more LW.

952017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Chabot or bust I think.  They waited and waited and waited to get the Russian kid out of Montreal. Basically waited for one of us to blink IMO
Now sergachev is a lefty so technically they are still serching for a righty.unfortunetly they traded their best asset that fit our need. I know you have a soft side for palat but I feel we need a guy that's more a scorer. Also, I think they won't be trading any more LW.

I don't think Tampa's trading anyone else of significance. The chance continues to lie with Duchene and Landeskog. Can't see how we do it though, but I'd keep on that.

962017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:38 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Assuming we lose Methot and are able to pick up Landeskog or Duchene that would likely also mean losing Ceci.

Stone,Hoffman,Turris, CMac, Duchene/Landeskog, Ryan as your top six is pretty solid but, what about the D?

Karlsson,Phaneuf,Chabot,Wideman,Claesson, Borieweki seems pretty thin for a team hoping to make it to the final next season.

- Unknown Author

972017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:48 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Assuming we lose Methot and are able to pick up Landeskog or Duchene that would likely also mean losing Ceci.

Stone,Hoffman,Turris, CMac, Duchene/Landeskog, Ryan as your top six is pretty solid but, what about the D?

Karlsson,Phaneuf,Chabot,Wideman,Claesson, Borieweki seems pretty thin for a team hoping to make it to the final next season.

Pitt won the cup with a terrible defence.

982017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:55 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Assuming we lose Methot and are able to pick up Landeskog or Duchene that would likely also mean losing Ceci.

I'm guessing that if they lose Methot, they might try and sign another quality vet...but then again, with Claesson performing well in the playoffs, Harpur emerging, and Boro being healthy, they might try and roll with what they have...that would be the Senators way (saving money).

992017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:39 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I don't think Tampa's trading anyone else of significance. The chance continues to lie with Duchene and Landeskog. Can't see how we do it though, but I'd keep on that.

There's always the surprising trade or two. Duchene and Lando are getting all the attention, but who knows if someone else is being quietly shopped.

1002017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:55 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

I'm guessing that if they lose Methot, they might try and sign another quality vet...but then again, with Claesson performing well in the playoffs, Harpur emerging, and Boro being healthy, they might try and roll with what they have...that would be the Senators way (saving money).

Maybe Mark calls his bro?

1012017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think we take it one step at a time. We see first who we lose to expansion and go from there. I don't see it as a good move to trade our 1st to protect Methot and then loose claesson. Like it's been said, we should be able to get a quality vet in FA to add stability to this line-up thats going to get some youth infusions.
The problem then lies on getting a top LW forward. Maybe that's when we use our 1st and brown?

1022017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:34 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

All the more reason why the should have protected Methot over Ceci. Doesn't bode well for a team that will need to re-sign Karlsson in two years. Hey Karl, we're not doing what it takes to keep your defence partner around.

1032017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

All the more reason why the should have protected Methot over Ceci. Doesn't bode well for a team that will need to re-sign Karlsson in two years. Hey Karl, we're not doing what it takes to keep your defence partner around.
There was no good reason to keep a 32 year old injury prone one-dimensional d-man who you control for only one more season over a young Top 4 D with much more potential. C'mon man. Karlsson knows it's a business and I'm sure he couldn't care less who his partner is. Anyone can play with him and he's won a Norris without Methot.

You're making this out to be something it's not. There's no drama here.

1042017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:07 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah. I have a feeling that karlsson is gonna make anyone look like a first pairing D. If he did it with Kuba the sky is the limit. That's why I'm really tempted to roll with claesson and if it doesn't work then another vet Dman can come in and fill his shoes.

Anybody hear about that methot to Toronto Dung? Laugh1

1052017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:14 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

There was no good reason to keep a 32 year old injury prone one-dimensional d-man who you control for only one more season over a young Top 4 D with much more potential. C'mon man. Karlsson knows it's a business and I'm sure he couldn't care less who his partner is. Anyone can play with him and he's won a Norris without Methot.

You're making this out to be something it's not. There's no drama here.

I agree. Have a Snickers, DWC. You're not thinking straight.

1062017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:51 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Worried that the VGK won't select him, the Pens are giving up a (currently undisclosed) draft pick to ensure Fleury gets selected.

1072017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Worried that the VGK won't select him, the Pens are giving up a (currently undisclosed) draft pick to ensure Fleury gets selected.
That's kind of funny. I like it!

1082017 Off-Season Around the NHL - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 Off-Season Around the NHL Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:36 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This Vegas team will be trash. They are getting a lot of futures in picks and prospects though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum