GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Sens Off-Season

+10
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 56 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 64]

7212017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:8x8.5 for draisaitl.
Rnh days numbered in Edmonton? Just money wise

I think they've been numbered for a while.

Anyone know anything about Blaine Byron?

No. But please enlighten us!

7222017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:59 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Anyone else think that is too much, way too soon for Draisaitl?  He got 77 points playing with McJesus.  Even if he could do it again, it's that worth what he's getting?

Yeah it's hella risky but when they split them up during the playoffs he produced even better.
It's a catch 22. But honestly even if they bridged him would he have gotten more than 8.5 in 2 years time? It's hard to argue he would have. They could have bought themselves some time if you ask me.

7232017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:30 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Anyone else think that is too much, way too soon for Draisaitl?  He got 77 points playing with McJesus.  Even if he could do it again, it's that worth what he's getting?

Yeah it's hella risky but when they split them up during the playoffs he produced even better.
It's a catch 22. But honestly even if they bridged him would he have gotten more than 8.5 in 2 years time? It's hard to argue he would have. They could have bought themselves some time if you ask me.

I'd like to know what Spirou thinks. Over to you, Spirou...

7242017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:28 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Too small a sample size, IMO. They are gambling, but they are gambling on both term and cap hit. At best they have a very good player locked up at a very high salary. The only upside here is if he teaches McDavid level, which is not going to happen.

7252017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:53 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think that'll be one of the bargains of the league - and soon. That kid is so damn good, big, powerful, skilled. Good for Edmonton. It's the new malkin, Crosby for this generation. They have a legit chance to win it all any given year.

7262017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It at leaves me disgusted. Seems like putting out a consistent product hardly ever rewards you with a cup. You have to look back to the wings 10 years ago to find a team that didn't tank and draft to get some great players. Now Edmonton after tanking for years and Toronto are both looking to have bright futures.

Maybe we could have had bigger asset sales when we stunk. I dunno but it's hard to say what are window will look like. Guess it all depends on how chabot, white and brown will actually help this team.

7272017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:06 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:I think that'll be one of the bargains of the league - and soon.   That kid is so damn good, big,  powerful, skilled.  Good for Edmonton.  It's the new malkin, Crosby for this generation.  They have a legit chance to win it all any given year.

Draisaitl is definitely the second best player on that team. He reminds me of Jagr when he has the puck on his stick. It's almost impossible to knock him off. He's great without the puck too. I think he'd be the #1 guy on 80% of the teams in the league.

7282017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:It at leaves me disgusted. Seems like putting out a consistent product hardly ever rewards you with a cup. You have to look back to the wings 10 years ago to find a team that didn't tank and draft to get some great players. Now Edmonton after tanking for years and Toronto are both looking to have bright futures.

Maybe we could have had bigger asset sales when we stunk. I dunno but it's hard to say what are window will look like. Guess it all depends on how chabot, white and brown will actually help this team.

Certainly very frustrating.

7292017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:49 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sound like you guys are coming around to Dash's way of thinking.

Keep in mind that the Oilers gave accomplished nothing, yet. Ditto the Leafs.

7302017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:49 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:8x8.5 for draisaitl.
Rnh days numbered in Edmonton? Just money wise

I think they've been numbered for a while.

Anyone know anything about Blaine Byron?

No. But please enlighten us!

Apparently the Sens have interest in him. Manotick boy, Pittsburgh draft pick but opted not to sign with them after college. Decent numbers in his senior year.

7312017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:21 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Little tidbit surfaced in a dorion golfing interview. Apperently he still feels there's something to be done before the season starts. Wasn't specific on whether it could be a trade, FA or a waiver pick up but at least he's looking at all possibilities.

7322017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Every GM is always looking to make the team better and/or cheaper. That's not so much a "tid-bit" as it is part of the job description.

More specifically, they are looking very hard to move Phaneuf. They brought in Oduya as a direct replacement (roster-spot-wise) for Methot, but they also have Claesson (who should have a full-time roster spot). Harpur is big and has learned to play with an edge. He may not be ready for full-time but he certainly can be a #7. And, then, of course, there's Chabot. Karlsson-Oduya, Phaneuf-Chabot, Boro-Wideman, then Claesson-Harpur-Chabot. And Englund and Jaros and Erkamps and Wolanin. And we even have a d-man named "Peski" at the DC? How can you now make roster space for a "Peski" Sen?

Man, good thing we let "Thor" go.

7332017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Every GM is always looking to make the team better and/or cheaper.  That's not so much a "tid-bit" as it is part of the job description.  

More specifically, they are looking very hard to move Phaneuf.  They brought in  Oduya as a direct replacement (roster-spot-wise) for Methot, but they also have Claesson (who should have a full-time roster spot).  Harpur is big and has learned to play with an edge.  He may not be ready for full-time but he certainly can be a #7.  And, then, of course, there's Chabot.  Karlsson-Oduya, Phaneuf-Chabot, Boro-Wideman, then Claesson-Harpur-Chabot.  And Englund and Jaros and Erkamps and Wolanin.  And we even have a d-man named "Peski" at the DC?  How can you now make roster space for a "Peski" Sen?

Man, good thing we let "Thor" go.  
Im not sure the sens are still trying to move neon Dion. And every Gm is always trying to upgrade their team but they all have different timelines. Some wait to see what they have, others feel like they should improve positions now. I don't think that's equal footing on how they wind up operating or seeking out opportunities

If i step away from competing right away for a cup is year then I can say I like how the back end is shaping up. It's green as all hell but that's what we wan if we want to compete hard in a few years. There's definitely room for a trade using some of those guys as trade chips. But with a lot of unproven guys I feel like that's a In season move.

We'll see I guess.

7342017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I like Phaneuf on the Sens. Still think they are trying to move him.

7352017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:56 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like Phaneuf, but if you can move him without taking a bad contract back, that'd make sense given all the guys the Sens need to resign.

7362017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:20 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I like Phaneuf, but if you can move him without taking a bad contract back, that'd make sense given all the guys the Sens need to resign.

My sentiments exactly. If you can move him and get something back in return that alleviates you from his contract then do it.

With his high cap hit and declining salary, Arizona could be a good candidate in another year or two. Maybe even the Isles since they are pretty unpredictable

7372017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:59 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd rather not lose Phaneuf this year. It would leave us too vulnerable after losing methot. If you ask me it would be great if Nein had another great year. That would narrow the remainder of his contract down a bit and would add some trade value.

7382017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:I'd rather not lose Phaneuf this year. It would leave us too vulnerable after losing methot. If you ask me it would be great if Nein had another great year. That would narrow the remainder of his contract down a bit and would add some trade value.

I would love for Phaneuf to impart some of his how-to-get-away-with-cross-checks expertise to the likes of Chabot, Harpur, Englund, Jaros. So, yeah, stick around for at least one more season. Having Elisha around doesn't hurt, either. Remember when we had Fisher (Carrie), Comrie (Hilary), Campoli (Gia) in the lineup?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 56 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum