GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gone but not forgotten - notable obituaries

+7
SensHulk
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Glen "Rhinestone Cowboy" Campbell had passed away. He was 81.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Glen "Rhinestone Cowboy" Campbell had passed away. He was 81.

My pal, Alice Cooper, revealed a close friendship with the "Rhinestone Cowboy" that I wasn't previously aware of. I was aware of Campbell's legendary chops as a guitarist, including his contributions to Pet Sounds as part of the Wrecking Crew.

Here is dazzling guitar gods such as Chet Atkins and Roy Clark. Willie Nelson is also on hand among others...

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Roy looked mesmerized.

I really wasn't ever into country, but I always loved Hee Haw, Mac Davis, Willie Nelson, John Denver and so on. Guess I was into Ol' Country.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Roy looked mesmerized.

I really wasn't ever into country, but I always loved Hee Haw, Mac Davis, Willie Nelson, John Denver and so on.  Guess I was into Ol' Country.

I honestly really only got on to Glen Campbell after seeing the Wrecking Crew documentary I was curious to see what all the fuss was about. That put me on to other great players like Roy Clark and Jerry Reed...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like some country too. Mostly outlaw country because of its edge. Very few new performers though.
Waylon Jennings, cash, Loretta Lynn, old Dolly Parton. But shooter Jennings, drive by truckers and bourbon crow are some very good new bands.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So long, Jerry Lewis.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/20/movies/jerry-lewis-dead-celebrated-comedian-and-filmmaker.html

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Jerry Lewis, the original Nutty Professor, passed away. I honestly thought he was already long gone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hugh Heffner. He was 91.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jai wprager wrote:Hugh Heffner. He was 91.
Now thats a man that you imagine had a good life!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tom Petty is clinging to life after suffering a massive heart attavk.Initially reported by CBS that he died.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Petty has been taken off life support.

The End of the Line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Confirmed, now. Tom Petty, dead at 66.

"I'm gonna free fall out into nothing
Gonna leave this world for a while..."

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tragic Day -- RIP Gord Downie.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No love for Mr. Lahey?!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Never watched TPB and don't remember him from anything else.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah sad that Lahey gets no love. Definitely a bigger world icon

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In addition to never having watched any Trailer Park Boys, I couldn't name a single Tragically Hip song.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:In addition to never having watched any Trailer Park Boys, I couldn't name a single Tragically Hip song.  

That means you're an ignorant bunghole according to Canadians...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum