GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gone but not forgotten - notable obituaries

+7
SensHulk
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Burt Reynolds (Smokey and the Bandit, The Longest Yard, Deliverance).

Bill Daily (one of Newhart's patients on The Bob Newhart Show, and Major Healey on I Dream of Jeanie).

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

RIP Gene Wilder. Willy Wonka, Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles), Frankenstein (Young Frankenstein) are just a few of his most memorable roles. Dead at 83 (complications of Alzheimer's).

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Stan Lee - you may have heard of him. R.I.P.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stan Lee was the man. RIP.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just found out about Roy Clark. What a player!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0TMVQzC0Cg

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Did not know that. I was never really into country music but I loved Hee Haw. Come to think of it I also watched Dukes of Hazzard. Must have been Daisy Duke and the Hee Haw Honeys in those really short shorts. Ah, to be 18 again

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Did not know that.  I was never really into country music but I loved Hee Haw. Come to think of it I also watched Dukes of Hazzard. Must have been Daisy Duke and the Hee Haw Honeys in those really short shorts. Ah, to be 18 again

And the cleavage... but I digest. I had a country phase but it was pretty brief. I just really thought of Roy Clark as one of the top guitarists I had ever seen. Hendrix, Page and Blackmore, etc. deserve the recognition but so did Glen Campbell, Jerry Reed and Roy Clark. All in the same league IMO.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hendrix, Page and Blackmore couldn't pick a banjo like Roy.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Hendrix, Page and Blackmore couldn't pick a banjo like Roy.

My great uncle was an accomplished musician and his proudest achievement was mastering the banjo. He was a gigging guitarist, drummer and bassist.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Karlsson finally scores for San Jose. First goal in a 4-0 win, so GWG. Added an assist, too.

Is this the right thread?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RIP, Randy Tieman. Longtime Ottawa (CFGO/CJOH) and Montreal sportscaster.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/veteran-ctv-montreal-sportscaster-randy-tieman-1954-2018-1.4181192

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah. Saw that. That's tough. I remember him back when I lived in Montreal. He's only about 7 years older than I am, if not less.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Former ref Mick McGeough taken off life support after suffering stroke.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

George H.W. Bush. That's a pretty big one. RIP #41.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, that's a big one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

R.I.P. Penny Marshall (Laverne of "Laverne and Shirley" and successful director of films like "Big" and "Awakenings"). She was 75. Complications of diabetes. I named my gerbils Laverne and Shirley back in highschool.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RIP Lebreton.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not necessarily. The NCC can just as easily give the land to DevCore. Their plan was to find the entire development including the arena, and now that the Senators/Melnyk no longer oppose the idea of playing in someone else's owned building I think the door is now open for DevCore.

They just need to talk Melnyk down from wanting it rent free and the naming rights. That's just negotiations.

Cirque du Soleil could have a semi permanent home. With their connections to the arts they could likely get a lot more acts there then just ageing rock groups and teenyboppers. Ottawa should be able to support more than a dozen "concerts" per year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum