GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gone but not forgotten - notable obituaries

+7
SensHulk
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought Chris squire died about a year ago?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Guess my twitter search skills are not as advanced as my Google-Fu. Did a search for RIP and thought the tweet said 21 hours ago.

Gone *and* forgotten.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Judge Wapner passed away too recently didn't he?

David Letterman had Wapner on and did a bit where he bribed him with Omaha Steaks. Comical.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chuck Berry (Johnny B. Good) dies at 90.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It is a great loss by one of the pioneers of rock n roll. Without him many of today's rock would been lacking the flavour they have now. I know much of my style of playing lead came from listening to people that were primarily influenced by chuck berry.
He lived hard, he lived long, his legacy will live on.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And now Chuck Barris (Gong Show) has also passed away. He was 87.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don Rickles passed away of kidney failure. He was 90. I think he completed Toy Story 4 (it's due out in theatres this Summer, and animation is usually done *after* the voice tracks are already done.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Speaking of. My grandmother died today. She was 102. Man I hope I get to live that old! I'm thinking my liver doesn't hold up that long though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Speaking of. My grandmother died today. She was 102. Man I hope I get to live that old! I'm thinking my liver doesn't hold up that long though.

Sorry, man, my condolences. But 3-digits is awesome.  Celebrate her life. That's a ton of history.

Last edited by wprager on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Speaking of. My grandmother died today. She was 102. Man I hope I get to live that old! I'm thinking my liver doesn't hold up that long though.

My condolences Flo. I hope we're all that luck to get to that age!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah. I'm not sad for her. It's all good, she got to do plenty with her life and go around the world, see many grand children and even more great grand children. She even passed in her sleep. You couldn't ask for more couldn't you. It's all good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

John Geils of the J. Geils Band passes away at 71.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/entertainment/musician-john-geils-jr-founder-of-j-geils-band-dies-in-massachusetts-at-71-1.3364926

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Erin Moran, of "Happy Days" and "Joanie Loves Chachi" fame, passed away yesterday. She was 56. Cause of death not immediately reported, but she's struggled with various addictions.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chris Cornell, lead singer and cofounder of Soundgarden, dead at 52. It was "sudden and unexpected". Cause of death not yet reported.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I will plant a flower in the Soundgarden in his honor.

Too soon? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Chris Cornell,  lead singer and cofounder of Soundgarden,  dead at 52.  It was "sudden and unexpected". Cause of death not yet reported.
They found on the floor of his hotel room. They called it a suicide by hanging. You can't hope for anything right now because death is unnecessary no matter what the circumstances but you gotta hope it wasn't something stupid like erotic self strangulation.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It wasn't. His last number he did at his concert was a cover of Led Zeppelin's ‘In My Time of Dying’.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum