GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gone but not forgotten - notable obituaries

+7
SensHulk
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I will plant a flower in the Soundgarden in his honor.

Too soon? Sarcasm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Chris Cornell,  lead singer and cofounder of Soundgarden,  dead at 52.  It was "sudden and unexpected". Cause of death not yet reported.
They found on the floor of his hotel room. They called it a suicide by hanging. You can't hope for anything right now because death is unnecessary no matter what the circumstances but you gotta hope it wasn't something stupid like erotic self strangulation.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

It wasn't. His last number he did at his concert was a cover of Led Zeppelin's ‘In My Time of Dying’.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Missed Powers Boothr. He passed away a few days or ago. First time I remember him was playing Jim Jones in a TV miniseries. Last time was on Agents of SHIELD,  last season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ramblin' Man Greg Allman, dead at 69.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Quahog mourns the passing of its Mayor Adam West.  When I first came to Canada I learned/improved my English watching TV. Daily reruns of Batman during the week,  after school were a big part of the learning process.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Quahog mourns the passing of its Mayor Adam West.  When I first came to Canada I learned/improved my English watching TV. Daily reruns of Batman during the week,  after school were a big part of the learning process.

A little extra homework.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBQ3HbB0c8Y

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oscar winner Martin Landau (Mission Impossible, Space 1999, X-Files movie, Bela Lugosi in Ed Wood - for which he got his Oscar) dies at 89.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Night of the Living Dead director George Romero, dead at 77.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Night of the Living Dead director George Romero, dead at 77.

Yeah that's too bad. I'm a big fan of his movies. I must have watched the day and dawn of the dead movies a couple of dozen times each.

A very influential director/creator for sure.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Romero pretty much invented the zombie genre. A true horror movie legend.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Chester Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park, died today. Apparent suicide.

I grew up with Linkin Park, was my favorite band. This one hurts alot. R.I.P.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was just in Chester Vermont last week. Coincidence?

Too soon?

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

John Heard (dad in Home Alone, numerous other roles including Prison Break and The Sopranos) dead at 72.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sam Sheppard (playwright, actor, director -- played Yeager in The Right Stuff) passed a few days ago.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Glen "Rhinestone Cowboy" Campbell had passed away. He was 81.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Glen "Rhinestone Cowboy" Campbell had passed away. He was 81.

My pal, Alice Cooper, revealed a close friendship with the "Rhinestone Cowboy" that I wasn't previously aware of. I was aware of Campbell's legendary chops as a guitarist, including his contributions to Pet Sounds as part of the Wrecking Crew.

Here is dazzling guitar gods such as Chet Atkins and Roy Clark. Willie Nelson is also on hand among others...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Roy looked mesmerized.

I really wasn't ever into country, but I always loved Hee Haw, Mac Davis, Willie Nelson, John Denver and so on. Guess I was into Ol' Country.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum