GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017!

+9
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
spader
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 23]

136TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:55 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:That's steep....I had high hopes for Dahlen and he was truly proving his worth.

And are we even going to be able to protect Burrows in expansion draft?  Head scratcher
We won't have to he's a rental

Diddle this feels like a rookie move from Dorion.

If you thought Dorion made a rookie move by trading for Burrows as a rental...well then good news: we signed him to a 2-year extension prior to the deal!  So yeah he needs to be exposed unless I'm missing something

What do you mean he needs to be exposed? Who cares? They're not gonna take him

137TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:56 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chris Neil signed for four years at 2M per until 12/13 and burrows is much much bette

138TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:05 pm

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:The team should be better with him for sure.  If he's cleaned up his act that would be nice.   I still better not hear a 2 x 2.5 extension tomorrow.  
Be prepared to be disappointed tomorrow...

I quite like that we have him for another 2 years. Will make us harder to play against. 2.5 mill is ok if he can still score 15 a year.
He's a fourth liner. 2.5 is way too much

139TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:14 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:The team should be better with him for sure.  If he's cleaned up his act that would be nice.   I still better not hear a 2 x 2.5 extension tomorrow.  
Be prepared to be disappointed tomorrow...

I quite like that we have him for another 2 years. Will make us harder to play against. 2.5 mill is ok if he can still score 15 a year.
He's a fourth liner.  2.5 is way too much

No it's not. It's one million more than Chris Neil and burrows is a third liner

140TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:25 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, burrows isn't a fourth liner. He's going to take that spot on the third line and pyatt will slide down. And that's a nice add.

141TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:29 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was listening to Mckenzie between periods and he was talking about how different scout's opinion on dahlem. There seems to echo the same thing I was saying earlier on. Some see that top 6 potential but there's plenty to worry about in terms of if he can play the NA game and can he be more solid on his feet. If he's being pushed off the puck easily against players his age in the WJC, then it will be a lot worse playing in the AHL not mentioning the NHL.

my major sticking point in this deal is that his value was pretty high and I was hoping that he might become that piece that replaces white in a duchene trade.

142TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:43 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Shattenkirk to Washington. Yowzers.

So far the return is a 1st, 2nd, and Zach Sanford.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

143TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:50 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:Yeah, burrows isn't a fourth liner. He's going to take that spot on the third line and pyatt will slide down. And that's a nice add.
If he gets more TOI than Pratt I'll be shocked

144TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:07 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Shattenkirk to Washington. Yowzers.

So far the return is a 1st, 2nd, and Zach Sanford.

Washington really going for it this year.

145TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:56 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I'm gonna go with cautious optimism with this trade. I never really thought of Dahlen when considering the top prospects, but that might just be because he's fairly new to the fold. I'm not bothered much by him going. Of course, if he hits his potential, he could be a good player. But that's how it goes with prospects. 

Burrows I'm not super sure about. I hope he can help the team, but he's one of those "love him on your team, but hate him on any other team" guys. The thing is, he's been on the Canucks for the last million years, so everyone has had time to grow a good hate for him. It doesn't help that I absolutely can't stand the Canucks, nor does it help that Burrows seems to have lost a step or four. I don't know what to expect here. I hope he's cleaned up his act, and I hope he can help this team, but we'll see what happens over the next couple of years.

146TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:19 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:I'm gonna go with cautious optimism with this trade. I never really thought of Dahlen when considering the top prospects, but that might just be because he's fairly new to the fold. I'm not bothered much by him going. Of course, if he hits his potential, he could be a good player. But that's how it goes with prospects. 

Burrows I'm not super sure about. I hope he can help the team, but he's one of those "love him on your team, but hate him on any other team" guys. The thing is, he's been on the Canucks for the last million years, so everyone has had time to grow a good hate for him. It doesn't help that I absolutely can't stand the Canucks, nor does it help that Burrows seems to have lost a step or four. I don't know what to expect here. I hope he's cleaned up his act, and I hope he can help this team, but we'll see what happens over the next couple of years.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. Dorion said that this is his "MacArthur replacement". I think I'd feel better about it if the extension was only for one season. For now, I'll give Dorion the benefit of the doubt.

147TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:42 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would think Burrows is probably also there to help fill the void that's left when Neil is out of the lineup and likely gone at the end of this season.

- Unknown Author

148TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:45 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Yeah, burrows isn't a fourth liner. He's going to take that spot on the third line and pyatt will slide down. And that's a nice add.

Burrows wasn't brought in at 2.5M per season for 2 more years to play on the 4th line. He's also great on the PK which has struggled of late. Burrows will likely see 3rd line and PK.

- Unknown Author

149TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:53 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

Burrows wasn't brought in at 2.5M per season for 2 more years to play on the 4th line.  He's also great on the PK which has struggled of late.  Burrows will likely see 3rd line and PK.

Could be 3rd line and possibly 2nd line as Dorion said. Burrows has 20 points, and the only guy in our bottom 6 with more is Pageau at 21. Anyway, let's see how he works out. Might be a pleasant surprise.....or an utter disaster! Ohhhhhhh the anticipation.

150TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:21 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The more I read,  the more I understand the trade for ottawa and realize that, as always,  we overvalued our prospect.

151TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:27 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

For those wondering why Yzerman didn't get more for Bishop, I read that he said he'd received only one offer. I can't believe Dallas or Philly didn't take a shot at him. That's easily the most bizarre move so far.

152TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:42 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:For those wondering why Yzerman didn't get more for Bishop, I read that he said he'd received only one offer. I can't believe Dallas or Philly didn't take a shot at him. That's easily the most bizarre move so far.

Bishop is broken and overpaid. Yzerman got plenty for him.

153TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 10 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:18 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

Burrows wasn't brought in at 2.5M per season for 2 more years to play on the 4th line.  He's also great on the PK which has struggled of late.  Burrows will likely see 3rd line and PK.

Could be 3rd line and possibly 2nd line as Dorion said.  Burrows has 20 points, and the only guy in our bottom 6 with more is Pageau at 21.  Anyway, let's see how he works out.  Might be a pleasant surprise.....or an utter disaster!  Ohhhhhhh the anticipation.
We will see how Boucher uses him. Doesn't matter what Pete D says it's how the coach sees him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum