GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017!

+9
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
spader
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 23]

151TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:27 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star

For those wondering why Yzerman didn't get more for Bishop, I read that he said he'd received only one offer. I can't believe Dallas or Philly didn't take a shot at him. That's easily the most bizarre move so far.

152TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:42 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:For those wondering why Yzerman didn't get more for Bishop, I read that he said he'd received only one offer. I can't believe Dallas or Philly didn't take a shot at him. That's easily the most bizarre move so far.

Bishop is broken and overpaid. Yzerman got plenty for him.

153TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:18 am

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Yeah, burrows isn't a fourth liner. He's going to take that spot on the third line and pyatt will slide down. And that's a nice add.
If he gets more TOI than Pratt I'll be shocked

Burrows wasn't brought in at 2.5M per season for 2 more years to play on the 4th line.  He's also great on the PK which has struggled of late.  Burrows will likely see 3rd line and PK.

Could be 3rd line and possibly 2nd line as Dorion said.  Burrows has 20 points, and the only guy in our bottom 6 with more is Pageau at 21.  Anyway, let's see how he works out.  Might be a pleasant surprise.....or an utter disaster!  Ohhhhhhh the anticipation.
We will see how Boucher uses him. Doesn't matter what Pete D says it's how the coach sees him.

154TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:20 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:For those wondering why Yzerman didn't get more for Bishop, I read that he said he'd received only one offer. I can't believe Dallas or Philly didn't take a shot at him. That's easily the most bizarre move so far.
Philly and Dalls aren't in the playoff mix, why would they want a soon to be UFA goalie.

155TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:27 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think everyone overvalued dahlem for what he's actually done so far. My guess is that Everyone on twitter that mentioned the WJC didn't watch him play.
Hes a decent prospect but no sure bet.

Burrows isn't my first pick of who I would have brought in but it could turn out well. And like I said before, I fully expect him to be a guy that plays most of the next two years on the third line. That's not bad at 2.5. Smith, Pageau, burrows. Could be an alright 3rd line. Now if we could just get a top 6 LW....

156TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:42 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I think everyone overvalued dahlem for what he's actually done so far. My guess is that Everyone on twitter that mentioned the WJC didn't watch him play.

Burrows isn't my first pick of who I would have brought in but it could turn out well. And like I said before, I fully expect him to be a guy that plays most of the next two years on the third line. That's not bad at 2.5. Smith, Pageau, burrows. Could be an alright 3rd line. Now if we could just get a top 6 LW....

Per Dorion, Burrows is expected to play on the 2nd line. I'm sorry but a line of Burrows-Brassard-Ryan is just awful.

157TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:19 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I would think Burrows is probably also there to help fill the void that's left when Neil is out of the lineup and likely gone at the end of this season.

I heard Neil has a broken finger. Which renders him pretty much useless.

I always liked Burrows, but I don't love that he is 36 and will be paid $2.5M for two *more* years. Still, don't buy into the hype that McCormick is replacing Neil. A guy like Neil (or, rather, what Neil was 3-4 years ago) is pretty rare -- someone who can play 1,000 games in this league while amassing 200+ PIMs per season. Burrows will not be replacing Neil, either, but he will definitely play a role. Think Jarko Ruutuu but with a better scoring touch.

Burrows is a LHS but plays the right wing. He has 9 goals and 20 points through 55 games. Current list of Sens right-wingers includes Stone with 47 points, then drops off to (injured) Bobby Ryan with 24. The remaining 6 players, together, total 4 points. Now, granted, that's just the NHL.com's view of who are the Sens' right wingers but the fact of the matter is that with Ryan out these are our wingers:
top-six: Stone, Hoffman, Smith, Dzingel
botom-six: Pyatt, Kelly, Lazar, Neil, Wingels, call-ups

Burrows' current production is not far off Dzingel (pro-rated to 55 games Dzingle would have 10-11 goals and 26 points, compared to Burrows' 9/20). Don't forget that Dzingel has been playing mostly on the second line, and Burrows kills penalties. In terms of points per sixty (looking only at ES and PP time) Dzingel is 1.78 and Burrows is 1.63. Keep in mind that Burrows didn't play with Turris (when Burrows rode shotgun with the Sedins he scored 35 goals).

After Dizngel you've got Pyatt at 18 points, then Kelly with 10 and so on (skipping injured Ryan and Pageau, who is a center).

So adding Burrows on the third line and pushing Pyatt down to the 4th will make both of those lines better. Maybe there is even an argument to be made about Putting Burrows on the second line and moving Dzingle down. Playing on the third line (and against decreased competition) might boost Dzingel's output.

So, in summary, do I love this deal? Absolutely no, as this does not solve the issue with our top six. But to say that I am disappointed about losing Dahlen, no way. I could probably name a half dozen other prospects I am much more excited about (Chabot-White-Chlapik-Brown-Hogberg -- ok, that's only five, but you could probably add Englund and Paul to that list. or Harpur).

158TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Yeah, burrows isn't a fourth liner. He's going to take that spot on the third line and pyatt will slide down. And that's a nice add.
If he gets more TOI than Pratt I'll be shocked

Burrows wasn't brought in at 2.5M per season for 2 more years to play on the 4th line.  He's also great on the PK which has struggled of late.  Burrows will likely see 3rd line and PK.

Could be 3rd line and possibly 2nd line as Dorion said.  Burrows has 20 points, and the only guy in our bottom 6 with more is Pageau at 21.  Anyway, let's see how he works out.  Might be a pleasant surprise.....or an utter disaster!  Ohhhhhhh the anticipation.

He might be disappointing in the second year of his extension. He will be a great little addition this season and the playoffs. Heart and soul guy with experience.

159TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I think everyone overvalued dahlem for what he's actually done so far. My guess is that Everyone on twitter that mentioned the WJC didn't watch him play.

Per Dorion, Burrows is expected to play on the 2nd line. I'm sorry but a line of Burrows-Brassard-Ryan is just awful.

When Ryan comes back Burrows will move down. He's a right-winger (although he shoots left).

160TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:25 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, but he's bested Filip Forsberg's numbers in the Allsvenskan! Smile

Problem with people saying that is, filling the net in a league that's below the AHL is not at all indicative of what will happen at the NHL level. Maybe Forsberg had lower numbers because he was playing with really bad line mates. Dahlen is completely unproven at the North American style of play (let alone the NHL caliber of competition).

161TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:46 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

When Ryan comes back Burrows will move down.  He's a right-winger (although he shoots left).  

The dorion interview has me wondering if they don't actually slide burrows on the left side in Dzingel's spot. Burrows plays both wings, which is nice.

What I'm really hoping is this is move one of two. I think going forwards after this season they see him as a 3rd liner at any rate. Maybe they see Ryan being gone and then you have stone, white and burrows on the right side. Which isn't bad.
Worst case scenario I think white plays both wings also. So there's movements possible.
IMO this Still leaves an empty spot on he LW if you ask me. Maybe it's a move that happens in the off season if not now.

It was written in Mende's piece this morning and I agree. I think the Ire partially comes out of the fact that although we are getting better, we are nowhere near capitals/Pittsburgh level good so what's the point trading the future for a couple of playoff rounds.

I look at it as we have to prove karlsson that we're serious. Of course I don't see this as serious but if we can take a serious run a duchene I think this would make us a lot more serious.

162TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:51 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anybody else feels like this is tradedeadline day? I keep checking Twitter

163TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:52 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You know who's good fun right now? Mike commodore. That guy can't have too many friends in the NHL with all his trash talk. Amazing

164TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
The dorion interview has me wondering if they don't actually slide burrows on the left side in Dzingel's spot. Burrows plays both wings, which is nice.

What I'm really hoping is this is move one of two. I think going forwards after this season they see him as a 3rd liner at any rate. Maybe they see Ryan being gone and then you have stone, white and burrows on the right side. Which isn't bad.
Worst case scenario I think white plays both wings also. So there's movements possible.
IMO this Still leaves an empty spot on he LW if you ask me. Maybe it's a move that happens in the off season if not now.

It was written in Mende's piece this morning and I agree. I think the Ire partially comes out of the fact that although we are getting better, we are nowhere near capitals/Pittsburgh level good so what's the point trading the future for a couple of playoff rounds.

I look at it as we have to prove karlsson that we're serious. Of course I don't see this as serious but if we can take a serious run a duchene I think this would make us a lot more serious.

Well the "couple of playoff rounds" will bring in and extra $3M for Uncle Euge.

I'm not sure about slotting in White as the 2RW before he's played a single pro game. But as long as you have someone -- like Burrows -- able to fill in for a few shifts or a few games, it could work. On the left they have Hoffman and Smith. And I still haven't given up on Paul.

Bottom line is right now we are neck-and-neck with the Atlantic Division leader, while using fill-ins like Dzingle and Smith in the top six, with Ryan playing like a third liner. Pyatt should be playing on the fourth line; Neil/Lazar should not be playing (Wingels not far off); Dzingle should be on the third line. IOW we have a lot of players put in a position where they don't belong. And all it would take is a *true* top-six winger to push most of the out-of-place pieces back where they belong.

165TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Well the "couple of playoff rounds" will bring in and extra $3M for Uncle Euge.

I'm not sure about slotting in White as the 2RW before he's played a single pro game.  But as long as you have someone -- like Burrows -- able to fill in for a few shifts or a few games, it could work.  On the left they have Hoffman and Smith.  And I still haven't given up on Paul.  

Bottom line is right now we are neck-and-neck with the Atlantic Division leader, while using fill-ins like Dzingle and Smith in the top six, with Ryan playing like a third liner.  Pyatt should be playing on the fourth line; Neil/Lazar should not be playing (Wingels not far off); Dzingle should be on the third line. IOW we have a lot of players put in a position where they don't belong.  And all it would take is a *true* top-six winger to push most of the out-of-place pieces back where they belong.

I meant more white down the stretch as in next year at some point.

Maybe it's the fact that we've done very little in the playoffs for the last 10 years that has me always looking forward instead of looking at what the team is doing now but that'show i evaluate the sens. Which is why I also don't hate having burrows here.

I don't know if chris Neil is here next year, it's not certain pyatt is either. I think we'll be able to use a burrows for a couple of years.
I don't watch Vancouver games often so it's hard for me to pull out an evaluation of how effective he can still be but as it's been said, having an Donkey on the ice à la jarko ruutu might be a good thing for a few years. Just hope it doesn't translate to too many dump penalties for us.
If he plays with Pageau down the road, I believe Pageau is a good enough set up man to be able to get burrows between 10-15 goals a year. That's not bad for a 3rd liner that plays on the PK. Again, this is my long term horizon speaking as I don't have much faith again for this years playoffs. Unless another move is made. But who knows.

166TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Slik Vik Stalberg on the Sens radar.

more to come

167TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:36 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Friedman thinks we could be interested in Viktor stalberg

Smith (det) to the rags. A 2nd and a 3rd

Last edited by Flo The Action on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

168TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:37 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Slik Vik Stalberg on the Sens radar.

more to come
Why you!!! Dammit!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum