GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017!

+9
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
spader
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 23]

166TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Slik Vik Stalberg on the Sens radar.

more to come

167TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:36 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Friedman thinks we could be interested in Viktor stalberg

Smith (det) to the rags. A 2nd and a 3rd

Last edited by Flo The Action on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

168TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:37 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Slik Vik Stalberg on the Sens radar.

more to come
Why you!!! Dammit!

169TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Anybody else feels like this is tradedeadline day? I keep checking Twitter

Totally. Stalberg to Ottawa imminent?

170TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Friedman thinks we could be interested in Viktor stalberg

Smith (det) to the rags. A 2nd and a 3rd

I liked it better when Friedman hunked we were in on him.

171TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

more to come
Why you!!! Dammit!

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 852933671

Nice player, though.

172TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

more to come
Why you!!! Dammit!

Do you guys, like, call each other so you can synchronize your posts?

173TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:55 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

more to come
Why you!!! Dammit!

Do you guys, like, call each other so you can synchronize your posts?

I wish. We'd probably talk about music, too.

174TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:57 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I have never seen Sens fans so outraged by a trade. Fans in general are sick of bringing in players well past their prime and paying homage to vets who can't play anymore (see: Neil, Phillips, Kelly, Kovalev, Legwand, etc). I think this pushes players away from supporting the team and will actually lead to emptier seats.

Example. If we had a Duchene, I would pay to go see him play because I would get the sense that the team is serious about winning. With a Burrows, I am satisfied watching from home, and will likely turn off the game when the opposing team scores on the PP while he sits in the penalty box.

175TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:58 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think I'd have preferred trading Lazar for Burrows as well.

176TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I have never seen Sens fans so outraged by a trade. Fans in general are sick of bringing in players well past their prime and paying homage to vets who can't play anymore (see: Neil, Phillips, Kelly, Kovalev, Legwand, etc). I think this pushes players away from supporting the team and will actually lead to emptier seats.

Example. If we had a Duchene, I would pay to go see him play because I would get the sense that the team is serious about winning. With a Burrows, I am satisfied watching from home, and will likely turn off the game when the opposing team scores on the PP while he sits in the penalty box.

Bringing in a Burrows AFTER adding a Duchene would make the former look a whole lot better.

177TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:05 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I have never seen Sens fans so outraged by a trade. Fans in general are sick of bringing in players well past their prime and paying homage to vets who can't play anymore (see: Neil, Phillips, Kelly, Kovalev, Legwand, etc). I think this pushes players away from supporting the team and will actually lead to emptier seats.

Bringing in a Burrows AFTER adding a Duchene would make the former look a whole lot better.

Agreed. The only way I can see that happening is trading Lazar for a 2nd, and packaging that pick, our 1st, Ceci and another prospect for him. Which won't happen.

178TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A lot of people who watch the Canucks think this is a really good move for Ottawa. Duchene is completely different, that's a blockbuster where there are likely 5 or 6 teams serious about him, all jockeying to try to land him. That's an organization changing trade, Burrows for a B prospect is not, it's a depth move for a player that is apparently near elite level on the PK and defensively and can slot onto a 3rd line seamlessly. Am I pleased they gave up Dahlen? No, I liked the prospect of him, but I think we'll grow to enjoy having Burrows on our team.

Lehner was about to crap himself playing Burrows last game, completely took him off his game. Imagine if he can do that a few times in the playoffs too?

179TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:13 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I am not outraged upset about Burrows himself. It is more so the mid-range player coming back. Why not go after a Sharp? And why make the trade yesterday and not tomorrow when prices drop?

180TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:15 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I guess to me the move was mind-boggling; maybe not so much short-term, but extending him doesn't make any sense to me.

181TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeBroom confirms Stalberg to Ottawa.

182TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like Stalberg.

183TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! - Page 12 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2017! Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:29 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stalberg is a 20 point player...For a 3rd round pick. I don't like this. Pending UFA. If we're "going for it", get someone significant. Oh well, we'll see.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum