GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 58 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoffman - Turris - Stone 
Mac - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Burrows
Stalberg - Kelly - Pyatt

So wingels and dzingel scratched I assume?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Hoffman - Turris - Stone 
Mac - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Burrows
Stalberg - Kelly - Pyatt

Boucher confirms Stalberg-Brssard-Burrows will be a line

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Dorion said that Smith and Karlsson are ready for Game 1 and they think Methot will play in Game 1 as well.  Wow.  A "healthy" lineup.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Mac - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Burrows
Stalberg - Kelly - Pyatt

That's a lot of playoff experience on one line. I like it

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't see my line combos being that far off.

Boucher is probably hoping that Mac can get Ryan going, and can see the two of them playing with Turris since Hoffman and Pageau have been paired together for quite some time. Ottawa's best line last year down the stretch was Smith-Pageau-Stone, so add in Hoffman and take out Smith and we should see a lot of offensive production out of that line.

Honestly, Ottawa can roll 3 shutdown lines with Burrows, Smith, and Pageau spread across different lines. Ottawa definitely has the advantage in this series because of their depth

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:So Dorion said that Smith and Karlsson are ready for Game 1 and they think Methot will play in Game 1 as well.  Wow.  A "healthy" lineup.

That's what worries me is the "healthy" lineup. Just how banged up are Methot, Karlsson and Smith?

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Karlsson will be in fine form. I forget what Smith's injury was.....As for Methot, I am assuming they'll just freeze the finger so he'll be fine.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I'm weary of injecting too much change into a winning lineup. Often results in a couple losses before everyone gets going again. Smith, Karlsson, Methot, Ryan all coming back around the same time would work wonders long term but just not sure in a 7 game series. Hope I'm wrong obviously

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:I'm weary of injecting too much change into a winning lineup.  Often results in a couple losses before everyone gets going again.  Smith, Karlsson, Methot, Ryan all coming back around the same time would work wonders long term but just not sure in a 7 game series.  Hope I'm wrong obviously
they were losing without Those guys though

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
Mac - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Burrows
Stalberg - Kelly - Pyatt

Sure, why not I guess. I prefer the idea of Brassard with Mac and Ryan, but who knows how ready to go they'll be.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey I just noticed the new font! I like that one better. Cool!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

With Mac looking healthy a question poped up in my head last night... do the sens protect him at the expansion draft? Or risk that his injury history keeps vegas at bay by itself

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:With Mac looking healthy a question poped up in my head last night... do the sens protect him at the expansion draft? Or risk that his injury history keeps vegas at bay by itself

$4.65M for 3 years for a 32-year old who missed most of the last two years. If I were Vegas I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:With Mac looking healthy a question poped up in my head last night... do the sens protect him at the expansion draft? Or risk that his injury history keeps vegas at bay by itself

$4.65M for 3 years for a 32-year old who missed most of the last two years.  If I were Vegas I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.  

I still hope they can convince Vegas to take Ryan. I'd do a 2nd in a heartbeat.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

$4.65M for 3 years for a 32-year old who missed most of the last two years.  If I were Vegas I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.  

I still hope they can convince Vegas to take Ryan. I'd do a 2nd in a heartbeat.
We don't have one of those for the next two draft?

Depending what kind of playoffs they have, both mac and Ryan could become interesting players.

Watching Ryan play these playoffs, I can't help but feel like there could be a special player there. Just not a 7.5 mill player I guess.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ryan has 2 points. So does Rinne.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Ryan has 2 points. So does Rinne.

Look past the point sheet. It's the way he's played so far.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Ryan has 2 points. So does Rinne.

Look past the point sheet. It's the way he's played so far.

Oh, I know. He's been involved, using his body and hustling (as much as he can) out there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum