GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 62 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star
rooneypoo wrote:
Ev wrote:Vegas will be awful. Don't kid yourself. They are going to have average players everywhere in their lineup. Goaltending will be the only decent position.

I think they'll load up on Dmen, and then trade a bunch back to teams to get some meaningful offense.

What's the max # of D they can draft? They're taking 1 player from each team, meaning 30 players, so presumably they're going to have at least 7 players to trade away, no?

They'll need to stock an AHL team as well.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
rooneypoo wrote:
Ev wrote:Vegas will be awful. Don't kid yourself. They are going to have average players everywhere in their lineup. Goaltending will be the only decent position.

I think they'll load up on Dmen, and then trade a bunch back to teams to get some meaningful offense.

What's the max # of D they can draft? They're taking 1 player from each team, meaning 30 players, so presumably they're going to have at least 7 players to trade away, no?
They must draft a minimum 14 F 9 D and 3G.  So they could conceivably go up to 13 D.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think Vegas has a lot of options. Every team will be giving up a pretty decent player.

Take Anaheim for instance, if they protect 3 d-men:

Protect: Lindholm, Vatanen, Fowler
Available: Bieksa, Stoner, Montour

Or Vancouver:

Protect: Edler, Tanev, Sbisa
Available: Gudbranson, Biega

I actually think Vegas will be set in D and in goal. Either Fleury or Murray will be available, Crawford or Darling, Bishop via UFA, etc. If they can land a few forwards via UFA they can do quite well. A guy like TJ Oshie is exactly what Vegas needs as a captain. Can definitely see him signing in Vegas.
Anaheim is in a tough spot as Bieksa has an NMC. If they protect all 4 d listed they will lose Rackell or Silf.  I imagine they trade a D and go 7+3+1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
rooneypoo wrote:

This is the same conclusion I've come up with. They are going to load up to trade back for picks, prospects and possibly upgrades.
There might even be something for us to get in terms of a D-man in a trade.

If they load up they will likely be flush with picks in next year's draft and likely add I a few prospects. That's what a smart GM would do. They are gonna need to fill up the talent pool Ina hurry,

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Well this is nice!
Karlsson gets 3rd place conn Smythe votes even without playing In the finals.
When was the last time that happened?

http://www.tsn.ca/sens-karlsson-gets-conn-smythe-vote-1.777336

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, he really was amazing.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

This is the same conclusion I've come up with. They are going to load up to trade back for picks, prospects and possibly upgrades.

If they load up they will likely be flush with picks in next year's draft and likely add I a few prospects. That's what a smart GM would do. They are gonna need to fill up the talent pool Ina hurry,

This the closest thing that to an EA Sports managed franchise. I actually think Vegas can be pretty good. Ultimately then can have a team of 3rd liners with the odd top-six forward and potentially a few top-four d-men. What they should be doing is going to franchises and asking what it will take to get players. For example, they could go to Colorado and say "We want Matt Duchene but you're going to protect him. What assets do you want in a trade for Duchene?". They could then take on Clarkson's salary for a 1st and trade Ceci or Methot plus another roster player (Zucker?). They do that a few times with their assets and they can build a really interesting team.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

This the closest thing that to an EA Sports managed franchise.  I actually think Vegas can be pretty good. Ultimately then can have a team of 3rd liners with the odd top-six forward and potentially a few top-four d-men. What they should be doing is going to franchises and asking what it will take to get players. For example, they could go to Colorado and say "We want Matt Duchene but you're going to protect him. What assets do you want in a trade for Duchene?". They could then take on Clarkson's salary for a 1st and trade Ceci or Methot plus another roster player (Zucker?). They do that a few times with their assets and they can build a really interesting team.

Hahaha. No way. Won't happen. McPhee has already come out and said they will build through the draft. Watch them come out with a fleury of trades once the draft is over. They want as many picks as they can in e next 3 draft. It's not EA sports, it's called expansion. No one expects them to be great in their first 3 years. They might be more competitive than prior expansion teams but they won't sacrifice building the right way to orchestrate a few moves to get them a couple of good players. If anything they will look at The FA market to reach the cap floor and nab some players.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Couple of news item with the Ottawa senators.

Looks like its official, the sens and Chris Neil are parting ways. I though Neil might move into a role within the organization but it looks like he's not ready to hang them up. Judging by the phrasing of the TSN article it sounds like the sens possibly offered him a role as a player but with limited ice-time. He turned it down to go somewhere where he might play 8-10 minutes a night.

All the best in Vegas chris! Don't blow the whole paycheck on roulette!

And it seems Karlsson went under the knife for some broken ligaments or tendons in the foot. Recovery time is expected to be 4 months which might not be ready for opening camp. But this is superhuman Karlsson we are talking about here. He'll probably be ready by the end of August Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
O'Connor not tendered a qualifying offer.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Too bad about O'Connor. We better be trading for or signing a goalie, soon.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Too bad about O'Connor.  We better be trading for or signing a goalie,  soon.

I hope they sign Condon then have driedger and hogberg fight it out in a few years

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:O'Connor not tendered a qualifying offer.
Oh Dung! Talk about fall from grace. How high was he ranked in our prospect ranking? I think it was me that was a little hesitant until we could see him play a pro game?

It makes sense though. With Hogberg coming in.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Meh...no reason to resign O'Connor really. He had his chance here.

Too bad about Neil. The guy can certainly still play but obviously wasn't really in Boucher or the Sens' plans. I never got why some fans took every opportunity to Dung all over him. He could actually generate a bit of offense despite the 4th line minutes with other plugs, he hit frequently and hard, and he'd drop 'em when the situation called for it.

Anyway, all the best to Neiler!

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:Meh...no reason to resign O'Connor really.  He had his chance here.

Too bad about Neil.  The guy can certainly still play but obviously wasn't really in Boucher or the Sens' plans.  I never got why some fans took every opportunity to Dung all over him.  He could actually generate a bit of offense despite the 4th line minutes with other plugs, he hit frequently and hard, and he'd drop 'em when the situation called for it.  

He's not someone I'd want Ottawa to play against often. Here's to hoping he's still tight with Mr. Fisher in Smashville

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Meh...no reason to resign O'Connor really.  He had his chance here.

Too bad about Neil.  The guy can certainly still play but obviously wasn't really in Boucher or the Sens' plans.  I never got why some fans took every opportunity to Dung all over him.  He could actually generate a bit of offense despite the 4th line minutes with other plugs, he hit frequently and hard, and he'd drop 'em when the situation called for it.  

He's not someone I'd want Ottawa to play against often. Here's to hoping he's still tight with Mr. Fisher in Smashville
Lets see if he gets an offer first. I think the likelyhood of a deal could come from the west. As far as possible indeed.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
you don't want to play against Neil? lol bring it on

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, he's not really of consequence anymore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 62 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum