GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 59 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ryan has 2 points. So does Rinne.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Ryan has 2 points. So does Rinne.

Look past the point sheet. It's the way he's played so far.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

Oh, I know. He's been involved, using his body and hustling (as much as he can) out there.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

Not just because he scored, but he looked good in game one. Engaged.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Anderson with 2 bad bad goals against.  Diddle

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It was 3-0 and I had to go pick up my daughter after a party. By the time I got to March Road it was 3-2. By the time I got to her friend's house it was tied.

And it's not like they were sitting on the 2-0 lead. They scored early. Then Andy, oh Andy. Didn't see the goals but Goodie said something along the lines of he didn't want to blame one guy but wound be nice to get a save on one of them.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:It was 3-0 and I had to go pick up my daughter after a party. By the time I got to March Road it was 3-2. By the time I got to her friend's house it was tied.

And it's not like they were sitting on the 2-0 lead. They scored early. Then Andy,  oh Andy. Didn't see the goals but Goodie said something along the lines of he didn't want to blame one guy but wound be nice to get a save on one of them.

They were all pretty fluky goals to be honest, and there wasn't much Andy could do. Goal #1 was a re-direct -- absolutely no chance there. Goal #2 was the result of a turn over right at the hash marks -- he had no time at all to get set for that one, and no reason to anticipate it happening. Goal #3 was a screened shot from the point.

Andy has a penchant for shining when he gets lots of shots, and for being less awesome in games where he faces fewer shots. Goal #2 is one he might have saved if he was have a high-shot volume night, but the real issue is the team putting in some of this terrible situations at the worst times.

We run as a team too hot and cold, dominating for long stretches, then playing like a bunch of 12 year olds at others. That is something for sure to figure out quickly, and it's exactly what Karlsson was talking about when he said after last night's win that we still haven't seen a good full game from this team in the playoffs.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:It was 3-0 and I had to go pick up my daughter after a party. By the time I got to March Road it was 3-2. By the time I got to her friend's house it was tied.

And it's not like they were sitting on the 2-0 lead. They scored early. Then Andy,  oh Andy. Didn't see the goals but Goodie said something along the lines of he didn't want to blame one guy but wound be nice to get a save on one of them.

They were all pretty fluky goals to be honest, and there wasn't much Andy could do. Goal #1 was a re-direct -- absolutely no chance there. Goal #2 was the result of a turn over right at the hash marks -- he had no time at all to get set for that one, and no reason to anticipate it happening. Goal #3 was a screened shot from the point.

Andy has a penchant for shining when he gets lots of shots, and for being less awesome in games where he faces fewer shots. Goal #2 is one he might have saved if he was have a high-shot volume night, but the real issue is the team putting in some of this terrible situations at the worst times.

We run as a team too hot and cold, dominating for long stretches, then playing like a bunch of 12 year olds at others. That is something for sure to figure out quickly, and it's exactly what Karlsson was talking about when he said after last night's win that we still haven't seen a good full game from this team in the playoffs.

Yeah I am not really understanding this Andy hate. Goal 3 was also on the tail-end of a 5-3 PP. I think the fan base is still pissed off about the Game 2 goal where he misplayed the puck behind the net. I agree with Karlsson's statement. Both Turris and Stone need to do more, and Burrows is an absolute ghost out there offensively though he's done a nice job against Bergeron-Marchand. Stalberg has had a nice impact though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I won't hate on him because he's the best goalie we've ever had - with the exception of Hasek who wasn't human - but he can be a lot better, we've all seen it. He's been ok, but nothing special. Here's to hoping he'll continue to get better and as mentioned, when he sees a lot of shots he turns it up.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I won't hate on him because he's the best goalie we've ever had - with the exception of Hasek who wasn't human - but he can be a lot better, we've all seen it.  He's been ok, but nothing special.  Here's to hoping he'll continue to get better and as mentioned, when he sees a lot of shots he turns it up.

I keep omitting hasek from our history of goalies. He played so little in Ottawa. Perhaps he should have been resigned along with chara and we'd be talking about winning our second cup at this time.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I won't hate on him because he's the best goalie we've ever had - with the exception of Hasek who wasn't human - but he can be a lot better, we've all seen it.  He's been ok, but nothing special.  Here's to hoping he'll continue to get better and as mentioned, when he sees a lot of shots he turns it up.

I keep omitting hasek from our history of goalies. He played so little in Ottawa. Perhaps he should have been resigned along with chara and we'd be talking about winning our second cup at this time.
Ugh, chara was such a mistake.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

IMO Lalime wasn't better

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:IMO Lalime wasn't better

Perhaps, yeah. Certainly a heck of a playoff goalie.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Lalime hadn't let in those beachballs and the Sens rightfully beat the Leafs he'd be the best. Ring of honour. But he *did* let them in.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:If Lalime hadn't let in those beachballs and the Sens rightfully beat the Leafs he'd be the best. Ring of honour.  But he *did* let them in.

I agree. Remember the Philly series? He was unreal. The Toronto goals tainted his legacy something fierce. He also held the playoff SV% record for years, IIRC.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Lalime never played well in deciding games, but the could never seemed to score in them either.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Do you protect Ryan in the expansion draft?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Do you protect Ryan in the expansion draft?
It becomes a gamble I think. Did he turn a corner suddenly? Or are we better off losing Ryan , gaining his cap space and keeping all our other players...

I think we're better off leaving Ryan unprotected.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 59 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum