GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Meh...no reason to resign O'Connor really.  He had his chance here.

Too bad about Neil.  The guy can certainly still play but obviously wasn't really in Boucher or the Sens' plans.  I never got why some fans took every opportunity to Dung all over him.  He could actually generate a bit of offense despite the 4th line minutes with other plugs, he hit frequently and hard, and he'd drop 'em when the situation called for it.  

Anyway, all the best to Neiler!

He's not someone I'd want Ottawa to play against often. Here's to hoping he's still tight with Mr. Fisher in Smashville
Lets see if he gets an offer first. I think the likelyhood of a deal could come from the west. As far as possible indeed.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

you don't want to play against Neil? lol bring it on

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, he's not really of consequence anymore.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Yeah, he's not really of consequence anymore.

Ya good point. It's more so I wouldn't want him to take runs at any of our guys in the corner but you're right. He's pretty irrelevant.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neil says of it was up to Dorion and Lee he'd be staying in Ottawa. Blames Boucher for not being given an opportunity to show what her can do.

Sad. Thought he'd be more classy than that.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Don't see that being unclassy. He didn't say bad things about the coach.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Don't see that being unclassy. He didn't say bad things about the coach.

Didn't say anything good, either. Classy would have been to say nothing.

I'm a fan of the player. But he is just a fourth line tough guy now and he's saying that the coach did not give him a chance to show what he could do.

There are some other forwards on the team, and some no longer here, who probably wish the coach (Boucher or Cameron) did not give Neil as much ice time as he did.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Meh, whatever

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Calgary protected Lazar?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Calgary protected Lazar?

You would think they would after trading for him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I doubt that Vegas would have much interest.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I doubt that Vegas would have much interest.
Who would you rather have on your team? Troy Brouwer or Curtis lazar?
I think the are afraid of having lazar picked up if they are willing to sacrifice Brouwer.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Blah, neither one, but I like brouwer

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think what happens tomorrow is a tell-tale sign of why Sens fans don't attend games. I realize that we are all armchair GM's but the decision to protect Ceci over Methot (and not protect Methot via trade - apparently Ottawa missed the 'deadline' to negotiate), watching your division rival pick up Drouin when he was rumored to come here for two years, and the Burrows sign and trade are all examples of how management in Ottawa has poor valuation of its players, prospects, and picks. They were one goal away from the Cup finals, and I feel like this decision and lack of asset management may cost the Sens another chance to win with their current roster.

I know we have all debated why fans don't attend games, but I do think the true underlying reason is that the average fan is upset with management. If the Sens lose Methot and he goes to a division rival (Toronto), Karlsson will be pissed, Phaneuf will be hated, and the Sens will be a mess in terms of their team dynamic. This could easily drive a wedge between Karlsson and ownership, and the one to blame would be Boucher because that's how this league works.

Bit of a rant I know, but if the Sens lose Methot and he ends up in Toronto for a 1st rd pick then good on McPhee but Ottawa should have assessed the market and gotten rid of him or Ceci for something. I guess only time will tell.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think what happens tomorrow is a tell-tale sign of why Sens fans don't attend games. I realize that we are all armchair GM's but the decision to protect Ceci over Methot (and not protect Methot via trade - apparently Ottawa missed the 'deadline' to negotiate), watching your division rival pick up Drouin when he was rumored to come here for two years, and the Burrows sign and trade are all examples of how management in Ottawa has poor valuation of its players, prospects, and picks. They were one goal away from the Cup finals, and I feel like this decision and lack of asset management may cost the Sens another chance to win with their  current roster.

I know we have all debated why fans don't attend games, but I do think the true underlying reason is that the average fan is upset with management. If the Sens lose Methot and he goes to a division rival (Toronto), Karlsson will be pissed, Phaneuf will be hated, and the Sens will be a mess in terms of their team dynamic. This could easily drive a wedge between Karlsson and ownership, and  the one to blame would be Boucher because that's how this league works.

Bit of a rant I know, but if the Sens lose Methot and he ends up in Toronto for a 1st rd pick then good on McPhee but Ottawa should have assessed the market and gotten rid of him or Ceci for something. I guess only time will tell.

I think you're totally off the mark here. Ottawa didn't miss a deadline at all, they simply felt that it wasn't worth trading two assets just to keep Methot, and I agree with them. Methot is nothing special and Ceci has MUCH more value now and in the future. It would have been incredibly shorty sighted to protect Methot over Ceci just to have him for one more season. The smart move was to protect Ceci. I think Dorion has been 100% bang-on on his valuations of all the teams players, picks, and prospects.

Drouin rumored to come here? He had no choice in the matter. Ottawa was not going to trade Ceci + a blue chip prospect to get an unproven winger with character issues. Who cares that Montreal got him? He hasn't proven anything and Ottawa already has a guy like him in Mike Hoffman.

PLUS we don't even know if Methot will be picked.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think what happens tomorrow is a tell-tale sign of why Sens fans don't attend games. I realize that we are all armchair GM's but the decision to protect Ceci over Methot (and not protect Methot via trade - apparently Ottawa missed the 'deadline' to negotiate), watching your division rival pick up Drouin when he was rumored to come here for two years, and the Burrows sign and trade are all examples of how management in Ottawa has poor valuation of its players, prospects, and picks. They were one goal away from the Cup finals, and I feel like this decision and lack of asset management may cost the Sens another chance to win with their  current roster.

I know we have all debated why fans don't attend games, but I do think the true underlying reason is that the average fan is upset with management. If the Sens lose Methot and he goes to a division rival (Toronto), Karlsson will be pissed, Phaneuf will be hated, and the Sens will be a mess in terms of their team dynamic. This could easily drive a wedge between Karlsson and ownership, and  the one to blame would be Boucher because that's how this league works.

This is hella alarmist. Calm down. We will likely be in a better situation next year than this.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think what happens tomorrow is a tell-tale sign of why Sens fans don't attend games. I realize that we are all armchair GM's but the decision to protect Ceci over Methot (and not protect Methot via trade - apparently Ottawa missed the 'deadline' to negotiate), watching your division rival pick up Drouin when he was rumored to come here for two years, and the Burrows sign and trade are all examples of how management in Ottawa has poor valuation of its players, prospects, and picks. They were one goal away from the Cup finals, and I feel like this decision and lack of asset management may cost the Sens another chance to win with their current roster.

I know we have all debated why fans don't attend games, but I do think the true underlying reason is that the average fan is upset with management. If the Sens lose Methot and he goes to a division rival (Toronto), Karlsson will be pissed, Phaneuf will be hated, and the Sens will be a mess in terms of their team dynamic. This could easily drive a wedge between Karlsson and ownership, and the one to blame would be Boucher because that's how this league works.

This is nonsense. If Toronto trades for Methot, that will cause Karlsson to be pissed at ownership and Boucher? And the whole "he should have assessed the market and blah blah blah" thing is ridiculous. You think Lamoriello would tell Dorion his plan to shore up his defence through a division rival? Why would he do that? This post is a combination of speculation, assumptions, and utter nonsense.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That would suck if he's traded to Toronto

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum