GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 48 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I like what our roster looks like aside from the lack of a complete top 6.  Dzingel has filled in admirably but is he really going to be good enough to stay there?  Ryan needs to turn things around as well.  The bottom six looks great and our D doesn't scare me as much as it used to at least.

I think the Sens need to do more in the top 6 to make this a team that can hang with the likes of the Pens, Blackhawks and Caps.  

I like him but I really don't think so. That's why I would have liked to see a Duchene brought in.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I like what our roster looks like aside from the lack of a complete top 6.  Dzingel has filled in admirably but is he really going to be good enough to stay there?  Ryan needs to turn things around as well.  The bottom six looks great and our D doesn't scare me as much as it used to at least.

I think the Sens need to do more in the top 6 to make this a team that can hang with the likes of the Pens, Blackhawks and Caps.  

I like him but I really don't think so. That's why I would have liked to see a Duchene brought in.

I think Dzingel will be best suited to a 3rd line role for the time being at least. Colin White shoots left handed. Maybe he can make an early jump and take that 2LW spot next season. 

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
White-Brassard-Smith
Dzingel-Pageau-Ryan
Burrows-Wingels-Pyatt

That, of course, assumes the Sens re-sign JGP, Wingels, and Pyatt.

EDIT: Obviously, this depends on White flipping a switch and just being an effective top-6 guy next season. So there's certainly lots that could go wrong. 

I'm also assuming here that Mac hangs them up for health reasons and Neil also retires.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I legit think we should re-sign Stalberg, I've always liked his combo of hitting, size and speed.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I legit think we should re-sign Stalberg, I've always liked his combo of hitting, size and speed.
Im sure you do... let's see how he fairs first for the rest of the season shall we?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think Dzingel will be best suited to a 3rd line role for the time being at least. Colin White shoots left handed. Maybe he can make an early jump and take that 2LW spot next season. 

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
White-Brassard-Smith
Dzingel-Pageau-Ryan
Burrows-Wingels-Pyatt

EDIT: Obviously, this depends on White flipping a switch and just being an effective top-6 guy next season. So there's certainly lots that could go wrong. 

I'm also assuming here that Mac hangs them up for health reasons and Neil also retires.
White is left handed? I thought he played the right side? That might actually work in our favour. I'm not sure if burrows goes to the fourth line. I guess we'll see his level of play

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't know if he's right-handed or left-handed, but he *shoots* right.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I legit think we should re-sign Stalberg, I've always liked his combo of hitting, size and speed.

LOL. Let's take it easy there...he was a 20 pt player last year, and that's what he's on pace for this year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

LOL.  Let's take it easy there...he was a 20 pt player last year, and that's what he's on pace for this year.

How's his hitting, size and speed holding up this year? And 20 points is still better than 15 (Lazar, Neil and Kelly have 9 points over 147 games which translates to 15 points *total* for all three playing 82 games; all three!)

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
White-Brassard-Smith
Dzingel-Pageau-Ryan
Burrows-Wingels-Pyatt

I doubt Wingels is re-signed and White will be lucky if he ever becomes a top 6.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
White-Brassard-Smith
Dzingel-Pageau-Ryan
Burrows-Wingels-Pyatt

I doubt Wingels is re-signed and White will be lucky if he ever becomes a top 6.  
Im not gonna say it's a sure bet that white becomes a top 6 but it's a little bit more than luck! I'd say there's a fair chance!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've now seen White on about a half dozen games. If he becomes a top six in this league it will be a few years. More likely he'll start on line four and move up to three, with the ability to be a top six injury fill in. I just don't see high end skill.

Dzingel has high end speed. What does White have that is high end?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I've now seen White on about a half dozen games.  If he becomes a top six in this league it will be a few years. More likely he'll start on line four and move up to three, with the ability to be a top six injury fill in.  I just don't see high end skill.

The very thing that separates Ceci from ever being elite is what white has in spades.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I don't know if he's right-handed or left-handed, but he *shoots* right.

My bad. When I searched it I got the retired Colin White's info.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
The very thing that separates Ceci from ever being elite is what white has in spades.

If you thought you were being obvious, you weren't. Ceci is not quick enough or fast enough. He is not as bad as Cowen (decision making is better) but he is not even as quick as Methot. Maybe he can improve that with targeted training.

But I didn't notice White being a speed demon, either.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
White-Brassard-Smith
Dzingel-Pageau-Ryan
Burrows-Wingels-Pyatt

I'm not sure. I've been a Wingels fan for a little while, so I'm probably just showing my bias. Regarding that 2LW spot, it's clearly a reach that White would slot in there (not least of which because he's a rightie and probably would be more comfortable playing on the right side if he isn't at centre). 

So that means that we still have that spot to sort out. I have zero confidence in getting anything resembling a full season from Mac. Maybe the Sens pick up a UFA that can be a stop-gap for the next couple of seasons (that would be someone like Vanek, Sharp, Marleau). Another possibility is that they make a deal or an OS for an RFA guy like Palat or Tatar. Palat would be a good addition. Plays hard, blocks shots, pretty good scoring, etc.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:I've now seen White on about a half dozen games.  If he becomes a top six in this league it will be a few years. More likely he'll start on line four and move up to three, with the ability to be a top six injury fill in.  I just don't see high end skill.

And what is that thing? You're being very vague. Also, when you answer, what makes you say that he has "that very thing"? Is it based on games you've seen (hopefully beyond the WJC), or is this a gut feeling?

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

White reminds me a lot of former senator Curtis Lazr.  Now I'm not a huge Duchesne fan but if that was a sticking point on a deal Facepalm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:White reminds me a lot of former senator Curtis Lazr.  Now I'm not a huge Duchesne fan but if that was a sticking point on a deal Facepalm

The prospect love is interesting. If White becomes a player like Duchene, we'll all be happy. But we wouldn't trade White for Duchene? It doesn't make a ton of sense. 

Chabot, on the other hand, is a player I wouldn't move for Duchene. We simply have too great a need for a blue chip D prospect right now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 48 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum