GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 48 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:So, I assume from practice lines etc, that Burrows will get right up there on the top line.

Burrows - Turris - Hoffman
Smith - Brassard - Stone
Dzingel - Pageau - Stalberg
Kelly - Wingels - Pyatt

?

Ok. Why is Hoffman on the left side if burrows is used to playing right side?

That 3rd line is something else. Will be interesting to watch.
Wouldn't Kelly center that fourth line and winged play the left side?

Oh, is Burrows used to playing the right side?  That's great, switch the two of them then.

I didn't realize he did, but that makes sense if he played with the Sedins.

Hoffman - Turris - Burrows
Smith - Brassard - Stone
Kelly - Wingels - Pyatt

That's a big opportunity to carve out a real niche for Burrows in the next 2 1/4 seasons.  Drive the net, cause distractions and let the skill put it home.  Maybe he can bang in 10-15 goals per year the next couple of years just being in front of the net.

Then when Ryan comes back, you can:

Hoffman - Turris - Burrows
Smith - Brassard - Stone
Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan
Stalberg - Kelly - Pyatt
Wingels

and have some serious depth.
Yeah, I don't think that gonna happen. Ryan either will move back up to the second line and stone back up with turris and. Urrows down to the 3rd sounds more plausible to me. In some combination or another. But that's shaping up to be a deeper more experienced team. Capable of stealing a round, possibly two.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:So, I assume from practice lines etc, that Burrows will get right up there on the top line.

Smith - Brassard - Stone
Kelly - Wingels - Pyatt

?

We don't really have a to line, more like 1A and 1B, and whatever line Stone is on probably gets more ES ice time.

That might change with two more F who kill penalties.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ryan was playing on the third line before breaking his finger.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Smith - Brassard - Stone
Kelly - Wingels - Pyatt

?

We don't really have a to line, more like 1A and 1B, and whatever line Stone is on probably gets more ES ice time.

In a perfect world:

Dzingel - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Stone
Kelly - Wingels - Stalberg

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol Stone on the third line that's quite funny

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder what the org thinks they will do with jokipakka next season? He's an RFA. I guess this season will tell us morebut still. Does the org elect to go with 8 D next year?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:

Smith - Brassard - Stone
Kelly - Wingels - Pyatt

?

In a perfect world:

Smith - Pageau - Stone
Kelly - Wingels - Stalberg

Again, I don't see why Hoffman is playing right side when that's burrows usual position. I also don't see how you put him on your top line. I'd stick him with Pageau on the right

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know Burrows is starting out on the first line but I can't see that staying like that.  The guy has 9 goals and he's a pest.  He's better suited to swap with Stone.

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Smith - Pageau - Burrows
Pyatt - Wingels - Stalberg

Kelly
Neil
DiDeminico

That lineup makes way more sense and if Ryan continues to struggle then you can swap Smith and Ryan

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:lol Stone on the third line that's quite funny

True, but in that instance you're looking at rolling a strong 3rd line and sprinkling your offense around, I guess.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Whichever line Stone is on is our top line. Stone doesn't kill penalties, if he did he would probably lead the forwards in ice time.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like what our roster looks like aside from the lack of a complete top 6.  Dzingel has filled in admirably but is he really going to be good enough to stay there?  Ryan needs to turn things around as well.  The bottom six looks great and our D doesn't scare me as much as it used to at least.

I think the Sens need to do more in the top 6 to make this a team that can hang with the likes of the Pens, Blackhawks and Caps.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I like what our roster looks like aside from the lack of a complete top 6.  Dzingel has filled in admirably but is he really going to be good enough to stay there?  Ryan needs to turn things around as well.  The bottom six looks great and our D doesn't scare me as much as it used to at least.

I think the Sens need to do more in the top 6 to make this a team that can hang with the likes of the Pens, Blackhawks and Caps.  

The team currently assembled is aimed at making the playoffs, that's it. That is what Dorion was given as a mandate. Don't forget that at the start of the season, to most, this was a stretch goal. Then we lost MacArthur, our #1, Lazar was a bust, Ryan did not rebound, etc. It's a bit of a miracle we are where we are.

We could very well win a round and then winning the Division is not at all out of the question. Would we, then, be dummied by Washington or Pittsburgh? This is where it gets interesting, because the survivor of the Metropolitan could be in pretty bad shape. Ovechkin and Crosby and Malkin are no-longer young kids. Injuries could take their toll. The winner of the Atlantic could be in much better shape (health-wise) than the Metropolitan.

But, of course, more realistic is that we win a round or two, maybe stretch it to six or even seven games, and gain valuable experience. Then next season or the one after that we have Chabot and White on ELCs, maybe Hogberg, Perron, Chlapik in the mix as well. Englund, Harpur. Future is bright. Again.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think if you add white in the bottom 2 lines next year and possibly chabot on the bottom pairing with PP time the only move that would remain would be one top 6 LW. And that depends on Ryan also. If Ryan is gone it may open up the door and cash for that player to come in.
If he's still there we may have to look at replacing who got expanded to vegas. Especially D.
I think by this time next year we may be in a very good position to compete for a cup of all is well and good(baring injuries) we could really be a key rental away then from getting past the first two rounds

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I like what our roster looks like aside from the lack of a complete top 6.  Dzingel has filled in admirably but is he really going to be good enough to stay there?  Ryan needs to turn things around as well.  The bottom six looks great and our D doesn't scare me as much as it used to at least.

The team currently assembled is aimed at making the playoffs, that's it.  That is what Dorion was given as a mandate.  Don't forget that at the start of the season, to most, this was a stretch goal.  Then we lost MacArthur, our #1, Lazar was a bust, Ryan did not rebound, etc.  It's a bit of a miracle we are where we are.

We could very well win a round and then winning the Division is not at all out of the question.  Would we, then, be dummied by Washington or Pittsburgh?  This is where it gets interesting, because the survivor of the Metropolitan could be in pretty bad shape.  Ovechkin and Crosby and Malkin are no-longer young kids.  Injuries could take their toll.  The winner of the Atlantic could be in much better shape (health-wise) than the Metropolitan.  

But, of course, more realistic is that we win a round or two, maybe stretch it to six or even seven games, and gain valuable experience.  Then next season or the one after that we have Chabot and White on ELCs, maybe Hogberg, Perron, Chlapik in the mix as well.  Englund, Harpur.  Future is bright.  Again.

Not to mention losing Anderson. This team has outperformed so far. I believe that the Sens have every chance to win the division and play a team like NYR. I expect them to make it to the second round. Anything beyond that is gravy, but I think that's a reasonable expectation.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

But I did mention Anderson: "our #1".

Winning the Division is not the best way to get to the second round. Rangers and Penguins are tied on points so it could be either one. Of course Columbus is only 2 points up on those two, so beating then in regulation tomorrow would make it really interesting. They could be the first round match up for whoever wins the Atlantic. Should be a little clearer by the time we play those three games against the Habs.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like him but I really don't think so. That's why I would have liked to see a Duchene brought in.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I like him but I really don't think so. That's why I would have liked to see a Duchene brought in.

I think Dzingel will be best suited to a 3rd line role for the time being at least. Colin White shoots left handed. Maybe he can make an early jump and take that 2LW spot next season. 

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
White-Brassard-Smith
Dzingel-Pageau-Ryan
Burrows-Wingels-Pyatt

That, of course, assumes the Sens re-sign JGP, Wingels, and Pyatt.

EDIT: Obviously, this depends on White flipping a switch and just being an effective top-6 guy next season. So there's certainly lots that could go wrong. 

I'm also assuming here that Mac hangs them up for health reasons and Neil also retires.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I legit think we should re-sign Stalberg, I've always liked his combo of hitting, size and speed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 48 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum