GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Guess you haven't heard of this thing called humor.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Guess you haven't heard of this thing called humor.

Laugh1 Ya, that's it.  Laugh1

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

[quote="SeawaySensFan"]
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Has Dorion fooled anyone into taking Ceci for a Top 6 forward yet?
Sounds like the cost as of right now would be ceci, white and à first.  A little bit too rich for my blood

I read in one of the Garrioch articles that they want a roster D (Ceci, for example), top prospect (White/Chabot/Brown), a 1st, PLUS. 

Come on. This isn't Stamkos getting moved. That's an absurd ask. I'm sure it's just posturing, but I kind of hope everyone just hangs up when Sakic comes calling.

This is how negotiations start. I think the very highest price it will cost is Ceci and a 1st and maybe a warm body like Lazar or Nick Paul. [/quote

So now Adrian Dater is already saying a young established D and a 1st could get you Duchene. Just like I said...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I'm not sure why people buy in to what is being the "reported asking price", as this is all negotiation tactics. Like Drouin, this could come down to the Sens not wanting to part with Seesee.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure why people buy in to what is being the "reported asking price", as this is all negotiation tactics. Like Drouin, this could come down to the Sens not wanting to part with Seesee.

Yup. Add Duchene to the list... and don't forget Taylor Hall.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure why people buy in to what is being the "reported asking price", as this is all negotiation tactics. Like Drouin, this could come down to the Sens not wanting to part with Seesee.

Were we supposed to be in on Hall?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Done deal if we had given up the Cecer... Oh well...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Ok there.. whatever

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Ok there.. whatever

Rumor mill seems awfully quiet. What changes do you think they Sens make at or before the trade deadline (if any)?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think we're going to see anything substantial from the Sens, unless they get a good deal on a player who a team is trading away instead of potentially losing at the expansion draft. Now that Claesson is playing decent that kind of takes care of a depth defenceman, and with Wingels looking good, our forwards are OK.

Trading for Duchene (or whoever) would be nice, but could further complicate our expansion draft protection list in addition to costing too much in Dorion's eyes.

If Ottawa goes on a really good tear here, though, and Matrix gets in a zone, maybe the Sens go "all in" here....

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Found this odd:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Duchene

Lists Duchene as a Buffalo Saber

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, happens. At first Garrioch said he didn't expect any more moves from Dorion, but since then I've heard Dreger, Duthie and even Garrioch saying that Dorion is looking to upgrade.

It's pretty much expected that Montreal will be loading up and maybe the Sens will have to do something to keep up.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, happens. At first Garrioch said he didn't expect any more moves from Dorion, but since then I've heard Dreger, Duthie and even Garrioch saying that Dorion is looking to upgrade.

It's pretty much expected that Montreal will be loading up and maybe the Sens will have to do something to keep up.

Vrbata's name has been brought up a few times.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, happens. At first Garrioch said he didn't expect any more moves from Dorion, but since then I've heard Dreger, Duthie and even Garrioch saying that Dorion is looking to upgrade.

As long as he doesn't cost that much - and I think he might get a 2nd at the deadline - which, I don't think'll be worth for the Sens to do.

Still would like a third line RW that pushes Pyatt down to 4th line and takes Lazar out as the 13th forward and Neil as the 14th.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vrbata has 34 points and is $1M for only this year, so he's a pretty valuable trade chip me thinks.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

As long as he doesn't cost that much - and I think he might get a 2nd at the deadline - which, I don't think'll be worth for the Sens to do.

Still would like a third line RW that pushes Pyatt down to 4th line and takes Lazar out as the 13th forward and Neil as the 14th.
Especially that we don't have any 2nd rounders for the next two drafts.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

So a good prospect like Chlapik for a rental...don't really think it's a great idea right now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

So a good prospect like Chlapik for a rental...don't really think it's a great idea right now.
Im not enamoured with the idea of rentals. I don't see why we are going all in. If we should make a move it should be for a player with contract attached to it. I don't mean to always bring it back to the duch but...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum