GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Mendes said he asked Bettman about Parliament Hill and the cost ($7M) was prohibitive. I think TD Place with the extra seating holds 35K. Because of the Grey Cup the cost is shared. WAG let's say $2M for the Sens/NHL portion. So a difference of $5M. Could they get 50K on Parliament hill and charge $100 a pop? Could they charge advertisers more for the Hill view?

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Mendes said he asked Bettman about Parliament Hill and the cost ($7M) was prohibitive.  I think TD Place with the extra seating holds 35K.  Because of the Grey Cup the cost is shared.  WAG let's say $2M for the Sens/NHL portion.  So a difference of $5M.  Could they get 50K on Parliament hill and charge $100 a pop?  Could they charge advertisers more for the Hill view?

They said it would be difficult to get a huge crowd out. There's no way they could accommodate 50k fans in a pop-up outdoor arena. Even if they could, I don't think Melnyk wants to just cover his costs. I think they're hoping to make some money.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Nick Paul had 4 points as the B-Sens overcame a 4-1 third period deficit to defeat the Marlies 8-4. Yep, it was 4-1. Paul has 13 points in his last 15 games.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Nick Paul had 4 points as the B-Sens overcame a 4-1 third period deficit to defeat the Marlies 8-4.  Yep, it was 4-1.  Paul has 13 points in his last 15 games.

Paul needs to dominate at the rookie tourney and he'll be in our Top 6.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Nick Paul had 4 points as the B-Sens overcame a 4-1 third period deficit to defeat the Marlies 8-4.  Yep, it was 4-1.  Paul has 13 points in his last 15 games.

That's great to hear. I was quietly hoping that he just needed more time. It would be great if he turned out to be a legit top 6 player.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I don't think he is top six as much as middle six. Still, would be nice to have something from that trade.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Colin White's season is over, and most expect he'll sign soon with the Senators, but Bob MacKenzie tweeted that he didn't think it was a sure thing.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Yeah, I don't think he is top six as much as middle six.  Still, would be nice to have something from that trade.

Yeah. I very much doubt paul is anything more than a third liner. There was way too much hype on the guy on this site from the get go. He'll likely be a winger playing 3rd line averaging a bit under 15 goals a year. A useful player don't get me wrong but nothing like some were hoping.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Colin White's season is over, and most expect he'll sign soon with the Senators, but Bob MacKenzie tweeted that he didn't think it was a sure thing.
But wait? I'm sure he's bound to test the free agent market in two framing years like some people were saying! Laughing3

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Lazar might get his first game tonight in Calgary. Ferland is a game time decision, so Lazar will go if he doesn't. 

Here's what I don't understand. Why move a depth D and a 2nd for a guy that you don't play? I don't get why the Flames would give that value if they didn't want him playing every night. Why trade a 2nd for a guy that you aren't going to give any ice to?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Colin White's season is over, and most expect he'll sign soon with the Senators, but Bob MacKenzie tweeted that he didn't think it was a sure thing.

Who is this "most" you speak of?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Lazar might get his first game tonight in Calgary. Ferland is a game time decision, so Lazar will go if he doesn't. 

Here's what I don't understand. Why move a depth D and a 2nd for a guy that you don't play? I don't get why the Flames would give that value if they didn't want him playing every night. Why trade a 2nd for a guy that you aren't going to give any ice to?

They got him for his perceived future value. Ten game win streaks are not conducive to introducing a struggling 4th liner to the lineup.

But he was out there at the end protecting a two goal lead as the Kings pulled Quick, and he doubled his full season output with an empty net assist.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson really blew it this weekend. Right now I'd go Condon if the playoffs started today

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Who is this "most" you speak of?

Well, there were a few media types tweeting that they expected White to sign with Ottawa soon (Ferraro, a couple others that I forget)...that's when MacKenzie chimed in and said he wasn't so sure. Sure it'll crowd the heck out of our roster right now, but after the games against the Habs and the absence of Mark Stone, maybe we could use a guy that can put up some points.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

McKenzie did not say he wouldn't sign, he said he wasn't sure if there's a spot for him.

White should be signed and should be playing over Kelly, Wingels, or Dzingel

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:McKenzie did not say he wouldn't sign, he said he wasn't sure if there's a spot for him.

Dzingel? Not so sure I agree on that. Lets see him play in the NHL first before he knocks Dzingel out. I do think there's room for him and I do think guys like Kelly and Wingels can take a back seat to have that happen.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Ev wrote:McKenzie did not say he wouldn't sign, he said he wasn't sure if there's a spot for him.

Dzingel?  Not so sure I agree on that.  Lets see him play in the NHL first before he knocks Dzingel out.  I do think there's room for him and I do think guys like Kelly and Wingels can take a back seat to have that happen.

Let's do it, Clutcher!!!!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Dzingel?  Not so sure I agree on that.  Lets see him play in the NHL first before he knocks Dzingel out.  I do think there's room for him and I do think guys like Kelly and Wingels can take a back seat to have that happen.

Let's do it, Clutcher!!!!

Already on the banana phone with the big wigs.

We'll get it done old friend.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum