GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, happens. At first Garrioch said he didn't expect any more moves from Dorion, but since then I've heard Dreger, Duthie and even Garrioch saying that Dorion is looking to upgrade.

It's pretty much expected that Montreal will be loading up and maybe the Sens will have to do something to keep up.

Vrbata's name has been brought up a few times.

As long as he doesn't cost that much - and I think he might get a 2nd at the deadline - which, I don't think'll be worth for the Sens to do.

Still would like a third line RW that pushes Pyatt down to 4th line and takes Lazar out as the 13th forward and Neil as the 14th.
Especially that we don't have any 2nd rounders for the next two drafts.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, happens. At first Garrioch said he didn't expect any more moves from Dorion, but since then I've heard Dreger, Duthie and even Garrioch saying that Dorion is looking to upgrade.

It's pretty much expected that Montreal will be loading up and maybe the Sens will have to do something to keep up.

As long as he doesn't cost that much - and I think he might get a 2nd at the deadline - which, I don't think'll be worth for the Sens to do.

Still would like a third line RW that pushes Pyatt down to 4th line and takes Lazar out as the 13th forward and Neil as the 14th.

So a good prospect like Chlapik for a rental...don't really think it's a great idea right now.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

So a good prospect like Chlapik for a rental...don't really think it's a great idea right now.
Im not enamoured with the idea of rentals. I don't see why we are going all in. If we should make a move it should be for a player with contract attached to it. I don't mean to always bring it back to the duch but...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Im not enamoured with the idea of rentals. I don't see why we are going all in. If we should make a move it should be for a player with contract attached to it. I don't mean to always bring it back to the duch but...

Too bad Colorado wouldn't take Brown + 1st + something.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

They're apparently looking for a young Top 4, RHD... The deal is there to be had.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

They're apparently looking for a young Top 4, RHD... The deal is there to be had.

I kind of agree but even you have to admit that that's leaving a whole in the line-up. That's expecting that either Boro or Claesson can fill in in the top 4 left spot while Dion slides to the right.

Im not completely against it but it is a fairly big risk.

If Dorion pulled that trigger I'd be all for it. I mean it could fail and then we are stuck with having to upgrade our top 4 this summer with a short term solution. There's a few that could fit.

I don't have any delusions about winning the cup this year so if I was Dorion and it meant Ceci, prospect like Chlapik and a 1st I'd have gunpowder residue on both hands right now.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If you deal Ceci for forward help, you have another small deal line up to bring in another RD who you hope can give us some quality minutes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Problem is that a puck-moving RHD is pretty much what all teams want.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:If you deal Ceci for forward help, you have another small deal line up to bring in another RD who you hope can give us some quality minutes.

Neon Dion likes to play the right side. Shrug

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So does Michael stone who is a ufa.
Plus claesson can fill and we can use Chabot in the playoffs too

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If you're worried about losing ceci's offense, there's nothing to worry about. If you're worried about losing his defense there are serviceable defenseman in the system and available via trade. Michael stone makes the most sense to me right now.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:If you're worried about losing ceci's offense, there's nothing to worry about. If you're worried about losing his defense there are serviceable defenseman in the system and available via trade. Michael stone makes the most sense to me right now.

Brendan Smith out of Detroit would be nice too. There's tons of options out there that would make cashing in on the Young RHD craze easy to take advantage of.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So the sens is gonna play two games against Colorado in Sweden in November? Wtf NHL!

It's gonna spoil Duchesne's return to Colorado

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

FYI, the Sens I believe asked for this too.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:FYI, the Sens I believe asked for this too.
They asked for it? As in one less game of gate revenue? Or did they get offered more money to do this than they could ever make in Ottawa? Do season tickets holders get a discount on their package?

Not mentioning what all that traveling does to them. I'm wondering if it's all worth it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:FYI, the Sens I believe asked for this too.
They asked for it? As in one less game of gate revenue? Or did they get offered more money to do this than they could ever make in Ottawa? Do season tickets holders get a discount on their package?

Not mentioning what all that traveling does to them. I'm wondering if it's all worth it.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/01/25/ottawa-senators-looking-at-opening-next-season-with-games-in-Sweden

"Melnyk had to skate around the subject but he noted they’d like to do something similar to the trip they made in 2008."

I have no idea how it impacts home games, season ticket prices, or overall revenue.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd do Ceci + brown for Duchene,  then go hard after stone.  Call it a day.  Screw it, Stone is good.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I'd do that too. I'm not sure if that is enough for the Avs, but if the price is steeper, I'd say screw it. Duchene is really good, but he's only crack the 60 point plateau twice in his career, and once in the past 5 seasons.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum