GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:FYI, the Sens I believe asked for this too.
They asked for it? As in one less game of gate revenue? Or did they get offered more money to do this than they could ever make in Ottawa? Do season tickets holders get a discount on their package?

Not mentioning what all that traveling does to them. I'm wondering if it's all worth it.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/01/25/ottawa-senators-looking-at-opening-next-season-with-games-in-Sweden

"Melnyk had to skate around the subject but he noted they’d like to do something similar to the trip they made in 2008."

I have no idea how it impacts home games, season ticket prices, or overall revenue.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd do Ceci + brown for Duchene,  then go hard after stone.  Call it a day.  Screw it, Stone is good.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I'd do that too. I'm not sure if that is enough for the Avs, but if the price is steeper, I'd say screw it. Duchene is really good, but he's only crack the 60 point plateau twice in his career, and once in the past 5 seasons.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ceci ($2.8) out, Duchene ($6M) in. Duchene will replace someone in the lineup but not necessarily on the roster; at best he replaces someone like Pyatt ($0.8M). Then you replace Ceci with Mark Stone ($3.5M). That's growing the cap hit by nearly $6M.

Why are we even talking about it?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Out: Ceci, MacArthur, Neil, Kelly, Condon, Wideman (expansion)
In: Duchene, White, Chabot, Paul

Hoffman-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Brass-White
Pyatt-Pageau-Lazar
Extra: Paul

Methot-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Claesson-Boro

Anderson
Hammond

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Out: Ceci, MacArthur, Neil, Kelly, Condon, Wideman (expansion)

Hoffman-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Brass-White
Pyatt-Pageau-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Claesson-Boro

Anderson
Hammond

Very rough math, that's around $9.5M out and $6M for Duchene, leaving $3.5M for White and Chabot.

Hmm. What does NHL17 say?

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Out: Ceci, MacArthur, Neil, Kelly, Condon, Wideman (expansion)

Hoffman-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Brass-White
Pyatt-Pageau-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Claesson-Boro

Anderson
Hammond
3 problems with that, 1st either White or Chabot would be Avalanche property in order to acquire Duchesne, 2nd Chabot has 7 minutes NHL experience and you've got him pencilled into the top 4 (what could go wrong), and 3rd Duchesne isn't really that good (2nd line LW maybe).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Go for Drouin again before expansion.  Although Ceci's looking pretty sharp these days.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ceci was on for (and somewhat responsible for) both last night. Giveaway along the boards on the first one, failing to get it deep after killing the penalty on the second one. Also the guy that deflected it in was his check, I know it was waist high and all but maybe get better positioning on him?

Anyhow, Ceci is a work in progress. He's surely not worth Duchene by himself but, then again, Larsson was surely not worth Hall by himself.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought it was lazar that capped it out as a giveaway last night.  Anyway, those kind of things will happen, he still looked good last night.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anyone catch Dreger on insider trading saying teams are calling about lazar, but the price is extremely high?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Anyone catch Dreger on insider trading saying teams are calling about lazar, but the price is extremely high?

Yeah, that was bizarre. I realize they aren't going to just give him away, but maybe "extremeley high" means they want a low 1st round pick for him. Would you give a, say, 25th overall for him? Maybe in the 2017 draft but even then, he's neither shiny nor new and any GM or head scout would rather try to hit a homerun than settle for guy who just might push the pitcher to a full count.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nobody's giving a 1st rounder for Lazar. Nobody. Unless he's part of a bigger deal, I think he remains with the Sens through the trade deadline. Who knows what will happen this summer with the expansion draft.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is only me theorizing but it could be part of posturing if they are working on a trade with another team. They could be trying to package lazar with other assets and the other team playing down his value. The sens could then leak information that a lot of teams are calling on lazar.

High likely means a 2nd rounder.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wouldn't give more than a 3rd for Lazar - and even then, I'd rather draft my own grinder.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Anyone catch Dreger on insider trading saying teams are calling about lazar, but the price is extremely high?

Dreger is extremely high.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoffman-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Brass-White
Pyatt-Pageau-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Claesson-Boro

Anderson
Hammond

That's real deep down the middle.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if we traded Ceci before draft if we could sign someone like kulikov to play with Phaneuf. We could keep chabot on the third pairing until Methot starts sliding down the roster.
Kulikov might not come too expensive with the season he's having. Spent the majority of it injured.

Could solve a lot of our problems, allow us for some depth. And leave room for rookies also to move into the forward ranks of our roster.
With that you wonder if Ceci, Englund and our first wouldn't do the trick for Duchesne. I know we all look forward to Englund on the roster but especially in the off season we are going to have to make it interesting for Colorado.

Edit: maybe you add paul on top to make it happen.

Last edited by Flo The Action on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum