GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I stand by what I said, Lazar deserves to sit, even if only for a couple of games. Also this is Ottawa. Remember how long Phillips kept on playing when he no longer could? I know this is Dorion and not Murray, but I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

No matter who sits, this will make the fourth line better.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Has Dorion fooled anyone into taking Ceci for a Top 6 forward yet?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Has Dorion fooled anyone into taking Ceci for a Top 6 forward yet?
Sounds like the cost as of right now would be ceci, white and à first. A little bit too rich for my blood

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Has Dorion fooled anyone into taking Ceci for a Top 6 forward yet?
Sounds like the cost as of right now would be ceci, white and à first.  A little bit too rich for my blood

Source?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I believe I read that in a Garrioch article.

EDIT:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/01/27/sens-should-wait-on-duchene-trade

If the Avalanche are going to deal Duchene — and multiple teams have called — not only will Sakic want a top-four defenceman, a top prospect and a No. 1 pick in return, the asking price doesn’t stop there because the indications are there has to be more in the deal for Colorado than those elements.

Nobody is saying exactly what the asking price is from the Senators, but you’d have to think studying the roster if Colorado wants a top-four blueliner, then Cody Ceci is likely being requested along with Boston College centre Colin White or Saint John defenceman Thomas Chabot, who are coming off strong showings at the world junior.

Top-four d, top prospect, 1st and *more*? Wait. Oh, yeah, pot is now legal in Colorado. Everything makes sense now.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well that's what they are going to say the price is, but it will obviously be less. Please.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Sounds like the cost as of right now would be ceci, white and à first.  A little bit too rich for my blood

I read in one of the Garrioch articles that they want a roster D (Ceci, for example), top prospect (White/Chabot/Brown), a 1st, PLUS. 

Come on. This isn't Stamkos getting moved. That's an absurd ask. I'm sure it's just posturing, but I kind of hope everyone just hangs up when Sakic comes calling.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I believe my legalized pot suggestion explains the very high asking price.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah that's a very high ask. And they won't get it. But with a player like the duche someone will overpay. By how much is hard to say but this won't be the Spezza deal. It's gonna cost you. And much more than just Ceci and something minor.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Karlsson without a goal in 20, but not too concerned because team winning.

Interesting, and should dispel the rumors about Karlsson being muzzled by Boucher's system. If the article is to be believed Karlsson was quite willing to sacrifice points for wins. The team scoring is down 27% overall, so it's not just Karlsson not scoring. But he's leading the other top d-men in blocked shots and takeaways.

The team goal differential is now positive, and with Andy coming back I expect that to improve when more, so EK's +/- should start moving up as well. And with the PP improving the points will come, too. Will it be enough to catch Burns?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I read in one of the Garrioch articles that they want a roster D (Ceci, for example), top prospect (White/Chabot/Brown), a 1st, PLUS. 

Come on. This isn't Stamkos getting moved. That's an absurd ask. I'm sure it's just posturing, but I kind of hope everyone just hangs up when Sakic comes calling.

This is how negotiations start. I think the very highest price it will cost is Ceci and a 1st and maybe a warm body like Lazar or Nick Paul.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

This is how negotiations start. I think the very highest price it will cost is Ceci and a 1st and maybe a warm body like Lazar or Nick Paul.

yup for sure. of course ceci, white and a 1st would give us the duch right now. lowering our offer is likely going to mean the avs waiting till the off season to make any trades because they want compare all offers. i'm ok with that, especially if it means that we do wind up with him. i think that's a very reasonable offer you made and likley will be what it will look like unless someone pulls a one for on like the trade we saw last year between nashville and columbus.
it's funny but those trades often end up being the ones that both parties are happier with. kind of like our methot for foligno trade. although i sure wouldnt mind the foligno columbus wind up having we can't underestimate how good it's been for EK to have that steady partner.

but yes, good call. i thinl ceci, paul and a 1st makes sense. if we could get a 3rd back in a deal like that even better.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I believe my legalized pot suggestion explains the very high asking price.

Have you ever smoked pot?  smokeweedeveryday

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:I believe my legalized pot suggestion explains the very high asking price.

No, why?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

No, why?

Because your "legalized pot suggestion" sounds like the sort of thing someone who hasn't smoked pot would say. You should go hang out with 504heater and give it a try!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Guess you haven't heard of this thing called humor.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Guess you haven't heard of this thing called humor.

Laugh1 Ya, that's it.  Laugh1

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

[quote="SeawaySensFan"]
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

This is how negotiations start. I think the very highest price it will cost is Ceci and a 1st and maybe a warm body like Lazar or Nick Paul. [/quote

So now Adrian Dater is already saying a young established D and a 1st could get you Duchene. Just like I said...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum