GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is a great move. Our team is so great right now, top to bottom.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:He's an upgrade on Kelly as well although having an additional PK player in the lineup will help.

He's an upgrade on any of the three.  But Kelly is a leftie who can take a draw.  Mind you, with another move or two you could see Pyatt or Dzingel there -- both are lefties as well.

Kelly gets a lot more ice time than Lazar and Neil. Neil is a dressing room guy. I think Lazar is the odd man out. As he should be this season.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neil will be the odd man out. Doesn't contribute anything.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

What are your line combo expectations tomorrow night folks?

Dzingel-Turris-Stone
Smith-Brass-Ryan
Hoffman-JGP-Pyatt
Lazar-Kelly-Wingels

That right?

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I expect they will sit Lazar if everyone is healthy. I doubt they sit a veteran before the break. After the ASG I think Neil will be sat out most.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:What are your line combo expectations tomorrow night folks?

Dzingel-Turris-Stone
Smith-Brass-Ryan
Hoffman-JGP-Pyatt
Lazar-Kelly-Wingels

That right?

Or is the 4th line Kelly-Wingels-Lazar?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:I expect they will sit Lazar if everyone is healthy.  I doubt they sit a veteran before the break.  After the ASG I think Neil will be sat out most.  

Kelly-Wingels-Neil then?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think Neil is the least skilled person on the team, but he fulfills a role that no one else can. It is also his last season most likely. I also think Claesson will get more games than Boro down the stretch based on his recent play. Kelly can play up and down the lineup and is a good penalty killer. Again, I think Lazar is the odd man out.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lazar has averaged 8:26 TOI this season
Neil has averaged 7:31 TOI this season
Kelly has averaged 12:35 TOI this season

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think Neil is the least skilled person on the team, but he fulfills a role that no one else can. It is also his last season most likely. I also think Claesson will get more games than Boro down the stretch based on his recent play. Kelly can play up and down the lineup and is a good penalty killer. Again, I think Lazar is the odd man out.

I honestly think Neil brings more energy to a shift than Lazar. That may be what keeps Neil in.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think Neil is the least skilled person on the team, but he fulfills a role that no one else can. It is also his last season most likely. I also think Claesson will get more games than Boro down the stretch based on his recent play. Kelly can play up and down the lineup and is a good penalty killer. Again, I think Lazar is the odd man out.

I honestly think Neil brings more energy to a shift than Lazar. That may be what keeps Neil in.

That's exactly what I am saying. It's Neil in, Lazar out.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

That's exactly what I am saying. It's Neil in, Lazar out.

Yes, I agree.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wingels fills Neil's role. He's done.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Going forward the need Lazar more than they need Neil. But what will work better -- motivate Lazar by scratching him, or try to give him better linemates? Won't really know until you try. Boucher is better trained to determine this than any of us.

One thing to keep in mind. Lazar hasn't just been sharing with Neil (who has been getting 5 minutes of ice time, lately). He still has 1 assist in 26 games. He is also not shining defensively.

Lazar deserves to sit more, IMO, even if we need him on the long run.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah I'm also inclined to believe it's to replace Neil in the lineup. Although I could see Pyat be moved to the fourth as to balance out the bottom 2 lines.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I stand by what I said, Lazar deserves to sit, even if only for a couple of games. Also this is Ottawa. Remember how long Phillips kept on playing when he no longer could? I know this is Dorion and not Murray, but I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

No matter who sits, this will make the fourth line better.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Has Dorion fooled anyone into taking Ceci for a Top 6 forward yet?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Has Dorion fooled anyone into taking Ceci for a Top 6 forward yet?
Sounds like the cost as of right now would be ceci, white and à first. A little bit too rich for my blood

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum