GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

That is way more team friendly than I expected. Good signing. I think he could have gotten 4x4 on free agency.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

He is getting Mac's money that is paid by insurance.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:He is getting Mac's money that is paid by insurance.
Pretty much

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I guess that adds smith to the list of protected players? Ryan, turris , hoff, stone, smith, Pageau, dzingel? Lazar is gonna be moved if that's the list as I doubt they will let him get picked up. Of course it could be methot. If ceci is still around.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:He is getting Mac's money that is paid by insurance.

That rules out MacArthur coming back next season and beyond, who knows if that's the case.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good signing!  This has nothing to do with Mac or the expansion draft.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Good signing!  This has nothing to do with Mac or the expansion draft.

Well it impacts directly who we are protecting. I'm pretty sure we are protecting smith now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Also it has a lot to do with Mac. First,  he's probably as close to unofficial retirement as you can get. Sens not only need a top six left winger but also need to ensure continuity on the roster.  Second,  they now have 80% of Mac's $4.65M freed up.

Last edited by wprager on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Also it has a lot to do with Mac. First,  he's probably as close to unofficial retirement as you can get. Sens not only need a top six left winger but also need to ensure continuity on the roster.  Second,  they now have 80% of Mac's $4.65M freed up.
Smith was getting signed regardless of what happened with MacArthur.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:So I guess that adds smith to the list of protected players? Ryan, turris , hoff, stone, smith, Pageau, dzingel? Lazar is gonna be moved if that's the list as I doubt they will let him get picked up. Of course it could be methot. If ceci is still around.
I don't see Ryan being protected. My guess is Turris, Hoffman, Brassard, Smith, Dzingel, Stone and Pageau. I think Lazar is used as a chip. If Phaneuf waves his NMC for the expansion draft he can be traded for help, and if Phaneuf won't wave you hope Lazar is taken in the expansion draft before Methot.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:So I guess that adds smith to the list of protected players? Ryan, turris , hoff, stone, smith, Pageau, dzingel? Lazar is gonna be moved if that's the list as I doubt they will let him get picked up. Of course it could be methot. If ceci is still around.
I don't see Ryan being protected. My guess is Turris, Hoffman, Brassard, Smith, Dzingel, Stone and Pageau.  I think Lazar is used as a chip.  If Phaneuf waves his NMC for the expansion draft he can be traded for help, and if Phaneuf won't wave you hope Lazar is taken in the expansion draft before Methot.  
Oh I forgot about brass! Well isn't up to Ryan if he's protected or not with his partial NTC/NMC? You would have to ask him to waive it and it doesn't sound like he wants to leave Ottawa and IMO I think he could very well be picked up if left unprotected.

I dunno, as it stands right now we may lose dzingel or methot or lazar.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
I don't see Ryan being protected. My guess is Turris, Hoffman, Brassard, Smith, Dzingel, Stone and Pageau.  I think Lazar is used as a chip.  If Phaneuf waves his NMC for the expansion draft he can be traded for help, and if Phaneuf won't wave you hope Lazar is taken in the expansion draft before Methot.  
Who knows if Phaneuf lifts. I think a team like Vegas could use a Phaneuf. But that's highly debatable. I'm not sure there's a world where lazar gets taken ahead of Methot but I'd be for it. Maybe in a case where they manage to draft enough Dman from elsewhere. There are so many variables still at this point.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dorion might still go the 4 forward, 4 D,  1 goalie route.   Who knows...

Phaneuf needs to waive nothing,  we need him right here

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Whether Smith was getting signed regardless is true or not (not convinced) you better believe the urgency to sign him sky rocketed on Mac's news, and the budget space for it certainly became a lot more clear.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I an not sure there is any need to protect either Dzingel or Pageau. Of the thirty teams out there, you don't think there would be better options for a couple third liners? Don't forget, they will also have players taken in the entrance draft as well as free agent signings.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I an not sure there is any need to protect either Dzingel or Pageau. Of the thirty teams out there,  you don't think there would be better options for a couple third liners?  Don't forget,  they will also have players taken in the entrance draft as well as free agent signings.  
They have to draft a players from the sens. If Pageau is there you can bet your peanuts he will be taken.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Dorion might still go the 4 forward, 4 D,  1 goalie route.   Who knows...

Phaneuf needs to waive nothing,  we need him right here
4 forwards would leave way too many forwards open for us. I can't see that happening at all

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Oh I forgot about brass! Well isn't up to Ryan if he's protected or not with his partial NTC/NMC? You would have to ask him to waive it and it doesn't sound like he wants to leave Ottawa and IMO I think he could very well be picked up if left unprotected.

I dunno, as it stands right now we may lose dzingel or methot or lazar.
Ryan was on the list of players that do not need to be protected. Over 7M for a 20 goal scorer? If he got selected it would be a blessing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum