GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Leave White and Brown alone.  They haven't done anything yet so won't be worth as much as anyone thinks.

Ceci + Lazar + Smith for Landeskog.  If you are Colorado, would you do that?  They are in desperate need for a RHS d-man.
That would be a little too perfect a trade. And that's why it won't happen.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I think the Senasnores were very pleased not to burn a year on his ELC and have him compete at BC.

They'll be burning a year this season when he plays a few games. If he signs. Or maybe Dorion will tell him to stay in school.
Hmmm.  Then I don't see why he wouldn't sign here, ELC at least.  What's the difference?  I guess it happens though like wheeler etc.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Pretty sure the expectations early on the summer were that he was almost assured a roster spot. I mean, did anyone imagine both Dzingel and Pyatt would be fixtures in the lineup back in June/July? Something changed and I don't think it was something initiated by the Sens.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Pretty sure the expectations early on the summer were that he was almost assured a roster spot. I mean,  did anyone imagine both Dzingel and Pyatt would be fixtures in the lineup back in June/July? Something changed and I don't think it was something initiated by the Sens.

Well... I knew Pyatt would be a fixture in the lineup...

As for White, part of his hesitation is probably related to not wanting to play in the AHL. So he'll definitely make sure that's clear before he signs and we'll see him in Ottawa, ready or not, if he does sign.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

omg... drama where there is none...
i'm willing to bet white will sign his first contract with he sens. (barring a trade that brings back a player of epic proportion)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If you think about it for a while, the Sens should have a good idea. If they think he's not going to sign they would welcome a trade.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perron with the OT winner for Bingo.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bingo were terrible at the start of the season, but they are 8-2 in their last 10 and 5th in their Division. Of memory serves, the to three teams in each division are guaranteed a playoff spot, then either the 4th team or the 5th from the other Division as a crossover (crossovers only within the Conference of course ).

So Bingo are 3 back of the 4th place team, Utica, and 5 back of the 5th place team in the other Division, Bridgeport; Bridgeport also has two games on hand. They are 6 points back of the 3rd place team (guaranteed playoff spot), and they hold a game in hand on them.

I think that's the way to the post season - catch sand pass the 3rd place team. Who just happen to be the St. John Ice Caps, the affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens. Both teams are moving next season. The Ice Caps are 4-4-1-1 on their last 10. Probably because of all the callups to replace the injuries on the Habs. Galchenyuk and Shaw are back in the lineup so a couple of the callups have gone back.

So, injuries to Habs players also help Bingo's playoff chances.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's a thread for Bingo oh god the chaos

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Young Smitty hanging around for 4 more years. $3.25m AAV.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really nice deal.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I said 4 mill was way too much and it wouldn't happen. I said 2.95 would be acceptable. So that's a tad bit more. If he can stay he player he is and be a top 9 winger while getting above 15 goals it will be a good deal.hes on track to be that.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's especially good for him though. Had he signed with a team elsewhere he might have not had the same utilization and the coach might have had a different approach. At least in Ottawa he's in a position he knows he can succeed. Probably a big reason as to why he's decided to stay at those dollars. He could have gotten more on the FA market but would have he succeeded?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Really nice deal.

Really nice player, too. All hail Young Smitty.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Really nice deal.

Really nice player, too. All hail Young Smitty.
Sign and trade? Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That is way more team friendly than I expected. Good signing. I think he could have gotten 4x4 on free agency.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He is getting Mac's money that is paid by insurance.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:He is getting Mac's money that is paid by insurance.
Pretty much

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum