GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Varone sent back to Bingo. Pretty much confirms a Turris will be back tomorrow.

I hope it's not a rush job. We need Turris at 100 percent.

Was thinking the same.  And that goes for Ryan too.  Don't rush them at this point.

Turris' injury was some finger thing, so I doubt there's a risk of making it much worse at this point. And the same goes for Ryan I guess...who knows what to expect from Ryan at this point. The guy just quit Twitter yesterday, so you wonder where his heads at....

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Varone sent back to Bingo. Pretty much confirms a Turris will be back tomorrow.

Was thinking the same.  And that goes for Ryan too.  Don't rush them at this point.

Turris' injury was some finger thing, so I doubt there's a risk of making it much worse at this point. And the same goes for Ryan I guess...who knows what to expect from Ryan at this point.  The guy just quit Twitter yesterday, so you wonder where his heads at....

His head's better for quitting twitter as a pro athlete IMO.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Turris' injury was some finger thing, so I doubt there's a risk of making it much worse at this point. And the same goes for Ryan I guess...who knows what to expect from Ryan at this point.  The guy just quit Twitter yesterday, so you wonder where his heads at....

If you're going to be famous and on Twitter, you just need to be strong enough mentally to ignore the negative. That'd be tough in Ryan's spot, who is taking a ton of criticism (rightly and wrongly).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Worked for Boro:
https://www.google.ca/amp/ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/borowiecki-turns-off-twitter-and-shuts-the-trolls-down/amp

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.tsn.ca/senators-ryan-deletes-public-twitter-account-1.696213

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/senators-ryan-deletes-public-twitter-account-1.696213
This is news?

Dear god....

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Who the f*ck cares

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There is a funny part there were Bobby was anonymously trolling Dzingel on Instagram. Dzingel didn't find out who out was until he moved in with the Ryans.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I agree, it shouldn't be news worthy but it's slow and lots of fans were probably wondering if their constant complaining set him off or is he turned off from Ottawa and wants to get out, etc.

Personally, I think it's good he gets off twitter. Ryan is clearly battling things between his head and twitter can't help his confidence level. Maybe now he can simplify and just focus on hockey instead of reading and responding to trolls

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They already "found" him. He's going to have to block or mute individual accounts.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Former Sens 4th rounder Marcus Sorensen just had a nice goal disallowed (goalie interference by Burns). I guess he's getting a look in SJ. Tonight is his 8th NHL game.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hoff-Machine wrote:I agree, it shouldn't be news worthy but it's slow and lots of fans were probably wondering if their constant complaining set him off or is he turned off from Ottawa and wants to get out, etc.

Personally, I think it's good he gets off twitter.  Ryan is clearly battling things between his head and twitter can't help his confidence level.  Maybe now he can simplify and just focus on hockey instead of reading and responding to trolls

Agreed. Ryan is pretty shook. TBH, I think the best thing for him is a fresh start somewhere else.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It is very unlikely to happen. Melnyk will never allow that contact to be bought out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Weird schedule. Montreal doesn't pay again until Saturday night in Ottawa. Sens have a tune up game against the Blackhawks to prepare. Chicago is not a hard team to play against, at least in terms of the rough stuff. And at least some of our players should be nice as rested already. So I'm hoping the four days off leaves a little rust on the Habs' skates.

Turris was a step behind. His timing will get better by Saturday. Stone, well, all I can say is he had a couple chances and didn't cost us a goal. Karlsson will be better. They gave him the Hardest Working Sen lady night; I'd have to disagree.

Crawford took a Weber shot full on the cage. Guess the concussion spotters were napping. Hammond took a couple shots like that then missed a bunch of games with a concussion.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anisimov is day to day after the Habs game.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Weird schedule. Montreal doesn't pay again until Saturday night in Ottawa.  Sens have a tune up game against the Blackhawks to prepare.  Chicago is not a hard team to play against, at least in terms of the rough stuff. And at least some of our players should be nice as rested already. So I'm hoping the four days off leaves a little rust on the Habs' skates.

Turris was a step behind. His timing will get better by Saturday.  Stone, well, all I can say is he had a couple chances and didn't cost us a goal.  Karlsson will be better. They gave him the Hardest Working Sen lady night; I'd have to disagree.

Crawford took a Weber shot full on the cage. Guess the concussion spotters were napping.  Hammond took a couple shots like that then missed a bunch of games with a concussion.  

Stone didn't play. Did you watch the game? Unless you meant Michael Stone when you said he didn't cost "us" a goal. Did you flip over to Habs analysis for a second there, or did you mean someone else?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:I agree, it shouldn't be news worthy but it's slow and lots of fans were probably wondering if their constant complaining set him off or is he turned off from Ottawa and wants to get out, etc.

Personally, I think it's good he gets off twitter.  Ryan is clearly battling things between his head and twitter can't help his confidence level.  Maybe now he can simplify and just focus on hockey instead of reading and responding to trolls

Agreed. Ryan is pretty shook. TBH, I think the best thing for him is a fresh start somewhere else.

I hope they pay off Vegas to take him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, meant Ryan, of course.

There's not a chance Vegas takes Ryan. You can get to the floor easily enough taking much better players. From the Sens I would easily take Wideman or Condon (if he's re-signed) or Methot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum