GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:TSN mentioned that Landeskog is a more realistic target for the Sens. I tend to agree. Younger with more term. I wonder what the asking price would be given his more favourable age and term.

I'd rather have Landeskog than Duchene, and he fits the LW need.  Man...he's play almost 400 games in the NHL...where does the time go?  I think the price would be extreme for him though...we'd definitely be in Ceci + White or Chabot territory....
I'd be happy with Lando. Move Hoffman back to the 1st line and play Lando with brass and Ryan.

I think it would cost us Ceci a 1st and probably someone like Englund. And you could probably get something lesser coming back the other way also. Hes supposed to come cheaper than Duchesne.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

If you are going to give up the package you would need to for either Lando or Douche you could get Drouin. He is the better fit.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not sure Tampa still wants to trade Drouin?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tampa needs to do something. Getting rid of Drouin would very likely be the wrong kind of something. So let's help them!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I don't think Drouin is a guy they are looking to move anymore. They'll move expiring contracts and that should create some cap space for them and then they'll see what's on the market as far as acquiring a RH Dman.

My eyes are veered towards Anaheim. And not just for the bolts but for every team. They are fairly well positioned with D both on their team and playing in the minor. And they are looking for a deal for a scouting winger. Why it hasn't happened yet is beyond me. They are in a position of strength and IMO are waiting for a team to crack and offer them a deal where they look like the winners.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Getting Drouin would be amazing. Can it be done?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Getting Drouin would be amazing.  Can it be done?

It was done already except we wouldn't move Ceci.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I'm not sure Tampa still wants to trade Drouin?

I read somewhere (probably The Score) that they might look at moving TyJo. He's making $4M this year and due for a raise.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I'm not sure Tampa still wants to trade Drouin?

I read somewhere (probably The Score) that they might look at moving TyJo. He's making $4M this year and due for a raise.

He doesn't really fit here...oh well, back to Landeskog!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Johnson is a small center. Not something we need. Ask the Habs if they are interested Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

After last night, wonder if we will ever see The Hamburglar in goal again. He showed up for the first period and was still waiting for his team to arrive at the rink in the second. Almost looked like they really didn't care much to play for him. Same outcome, but they played better in Buffalo, even though I still think they were too soft on Lehner.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hard to hold this game against Hammond, but it doesn't help his case...He'll be going down to Bingo soon for the season (barring injury). Hard to say what happens next year. I don't think Ottawa is going to buy him out, so maybe he gets one more shot at being the backup starting next year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Probably right. Although they will probably extend Condon. If he's taken in the expansion draft that means we don't lose Methot or Wideman. If not, we could probably trade him for a second rounder.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Getting Drouin would be amazing.  Can it be done?

It was done already except we wouldn't move Ceci.

I would say Yzerman still likes Ceci - and why not? Watching him these days, he's really coming into his own. I think we'd have to add our 1st this year and perhaps another prospect (not one of the big three), but that can be arranged.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I asked on HF Boards, so I'll ask again here. It's Larsson > Ceci? If so, by how much? And of course, is Hall > Drouin (or Lando, or whoever).

I am not convinced that Larsson is better; of he is, it's not by that much. I also think that Ceci is getting better as he gains experience.

Is he doing a great job as a top-two (in TOI) guy? No, but I also think he's being asked to do way more than should be expected, and that he's actually doing a pretty good job, given the circumstances.

A one for one is unlikely, but it really should not take Ceci plus a first plus a prospect. Take out the first, and that prospect better not be Chabot or White.

But I also agree that Ceci is most likely staying put.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, Brown is skating with the Sens at their optional practice.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I asked on HF Boards, so I'll ask again here. It's Larsson > Ceci? If so, by how much? And of course, is Hall > Drouin (or Lando, or whoever).

I am not convinced that Larsson is better; of he is, it's not by that much. I also think that Ceci is getting better as he gains experience.

Is he doing a great job as a top-two (in TOI) guy? No, but I also think he's being asked to do way more than should be expected, and that he's actually doing a pretty good job, given the circumstances.

A one for one is unlikely, but it really should not take Ceci plus a first plus a prospect. Take out the first, and that prospect better not be Chabot or White.

But I also agree that Ceci is most likely staying put.

Larsson's better by a fair bit. The guy who responded ~25% is probably about right.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not convinced. Larsson is 4th on the Oilers in average ice time. He is 4th in SH average ice time. He has negligible PP ice time. He does not appear to have the coach's trust.

Is Ceci knocking it out of the park? No, he's not. But he appears to being groomed for a role as a guy that will play a ton of minute, the coach trusts him the PK, and if not for being right handed, I think he'd be playing the PP as well. And when Phaneuf is a little older we may see him there a little more, with Karlsson on the left side for the one timers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum