GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Anyone catch Dreger on insider trading saying teams are calling about lazar, but the price is extremely high?

Dreger is extremely high.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Out: Ceci, MacArthur, Neil, Kelly, Condon, Wideman (expansion)
In: Duchene, White, Chabot, Paul

Hoffman-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Brass-White
Pyatt-Pageau-Lazar
Extra: Paul

Methot-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Claesson-Boro

Anderson
Hammond

That's real deep down the middle.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if we traded Ceci before draft if we could sign someone like kulikov to play with Phaneuf. We could keep chabot on the third pairing until Methot starts sliding down the roster.
Kulikov might not come too expensive with the season he's having. Spent the majority of it injured.

Could solve a lot of our problems, allow us for some depth. And leave room for rookies also to move into the forward ranks of our roster.
With that you wonder if Ceci, Englund and our first wouldn't do the trick for Duchesne. I know we all look forward to Englund on the roster but especially in the off season we are going to have to make it interesting for Colorado.

Edit: maybe you add paul on top to make it happen.

Last edited by Flo The Action on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Out: Ceci, MacArthur, Neil, Kelly, Condon, Wideman (expansion)

Hoffman-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Brass-White
Pyatt-Pageau-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Claesson-Boro

Anderson
Hammond

I can't see them rolling with those lines. Duschene would be used as a winger IMO
Hoffman turris stone
Duschene brass Ryan
Smith Pageau white
Dzingel lazar pyatt

Methot karlssson
Kulikov Phaneuf
Chabot wideman
Boro

Obviously I'm not sure who the expansion picks up. Probably dzingel or lazar. So that position can be filled by someone from Bingo

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

On the telecast they were saying how Andy needs at least two *more* weeks. He been practicing for over a week already, hasn't he? He rejoined the team on Monday, but has been working out with Groulx before that. Earlier they said they were targeting Feb 7. That's the next game. The next back to back is not until Feb 18-19. Surely we see Andy back before then. So will it be Tuesday against the Blues? Thursday against Dallas? Saturday against the Islanders? Gotta be sooner rather than later.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Hoffman-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Brass-White
Pyatt-Pageau-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Claesson-Boro

Anderson
Hammond

I can't see them rolling with those lines. Duschene would be used as a winger IMO
Hoffman turris stone
Duschene brass Ryan
Smith Pageau white
Dzingel lazar pyatt

Methot karlssson
Kulikov Phaneuf
Chabot wideman
Boro

Obviously I'm not sure who the expansion picks up. Probably dzingel or lazar. So that position can be filled by someone from Bingo
I'm not sure how you get Duchesne while keeping Chabot and White. Not to mention Kulikov ?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Hoffman-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Brass-White
Pyatt-Pageau-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Claesson-Boro

Anderson
Hammond

Hoffman turris stone
Duschene brass Ryan
Smith Pageau white
Dzingel lazar pyatt

Methot karlssson
Kulikov Phaneuf
Chabot wideman
Boro

I'm not sure how you get Duchesne while keeping Chabot and White.   Not to mention Kulikov ?
Well I expect prices might go down a bit and also by adding a good Dman prospect like Englund to Ceci witha first and a guy like Paul. It has some weight to it

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:On the telecast they were saying how Andy needs at least two *more* weeks. He been practicing for over a week already, hasn't he?  He rejoined the team on Monday, but has been working out with Groulx before that. Earlier they said they were targeting Feb 7. That's the next game.  The next back to back is not until Feb 18-19. Surely we see Andy back before then. So will it be Tuesday against the Blues? Thursday against Dallas? Saturday against the Islanders? Gotta be sooner rather than later.

You got to hope so because Condon is looking more and more like what I thought he was. I don't think he can handle that many starts. Good back up but no starter

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:On the telecast they were saying how Andy needs at least two *more* weeks. He been practicing for over a week already, hasn't he?  He rejoined the team on Monday, but has been working out with Groulx before that. Earlier they said they were targeting Feb 7. That's the next game.  The next back to back is not until Feb 18-19. Surely we see Andy back before then. So will it be Tuesday against the Blues? Thursday against Dallas? Saturday against the Islanders? Gotta be sooner rather than later.

You got to hope so because Condon is looking more and more like what I thought he was. I don't think he can handle that many starts. Good back up but no starter

You realize that even a starter, most of them, anyway, would not appear on nearly thirty games in a row.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think a little too much emphasis gets placed on this "lack of rest". Skaters can play 82 games straight, and sometimes go through a lot more than a goalie does in a game. Condon has also had the Christmas break, the bye week, and the all-star break during this stretch. I think it's more of a mental strain than a physical one, and maybe he's showing why he's more backup material than starter material in this regard.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That's the main difference between a true number one and a backup. A number one can keep his focus and play at a high level for 65+ games in a season. But Condon is on an 80+ stretch.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I've always liked this site:

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade_deadline/top25/index.html

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I've always liked this site:

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade_deadline/top25/index.html

Me too, but it's mostly fantasy or guessing. Still kinda entertaining to read.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

TSN mentioned that Landeskog is a more realistic target for the Sens. I tend to agree. Younger with more term. I wonder what the asking price would be given his more favourable age and term.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:TSN mentioned that Landeskog is a more realistic target for the Sens. I tend to agree. Younger with more term. I wonder what the asking price would be given his more favourable age and term.

I'd rather have Landeskog than Duchene, and he fits the LW need. Man...he's play almost 400 games in the NHL...where does the time go? I think the price would be extreme for him though...we'd definitely be in Ceci + White or Chabot territory....

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:TSN mentioned that Landeskog is a more realistic target for the Sens. I tend to agree. Younger with more term. I wonder what the asking price would be given his more favourable age and term.

I'd rather have Landeskog than Duchene, and he fits the LW need.  Man...he's play almost 400 games in the NHL...where does the time go?  I think the price would be extreme for him though...we'd definitely be in Ceci + White or Chabot territory....
I'd be happy with Lando. Move Hoffman back to the 1st line and play Lando with brass and Ryan.

I think it would cost us Ceci a 1st and probably someone like Englund. And you could probably get something lesser coming back the other way also. Hes supposed to come cheaper than Duchesne.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

If you are going to give up the package you would need to for either Lando or Douche you could get Drouin. He is the better fit.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not sure Tampa still wants to trade Drouin?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum