GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 52 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I'd sit Kelly and play White at center. He did well on faceoffs, and our PK had been the worst in there league the last 15 games. So much for Kelly being a good penalty killer. Smith/Pageau are being overworked. I'd also think about putting Burrows on White's wing for a little veteran protection.

I don't care much for our 4th line the way it is right now. That's why I'd put White there.

Next question, do you play him in the PP? Pierre said he could really help the Sens' PP. And why not, I'd try anything right now. It worked on Bingo.

Also, there other place would be PK and I don't think it would be wise to put a raw rookie in that role right away

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We're also missing a couple wild cards in this lineup. Stahlberg is absolutely pushing someone out when he's healthy and then there's the huge question mark surrounding MacArthur. If he's good to go then you see Dzingel pushed out IMO.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

With the number of bodies I can't see White coming up unless he really wows in Bingo.

MacArthur?? / Dzingel -Turris-Stone
Hoffman -Brassard-Ryan
Smith -Pageau- Burrows
Pyatt-Kelly-Stahlberg

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stalberg is not here for the long term, White is. White's upside is top six, Bergeron like player. Stalberg is clearly bottom six. Is Stalberg the difference between advancing to the next round or not? If not, then there's your argument for playing White over him.

I'd love to have a fourth line that plays more than five minutes and contributes a little too the offense, while not getting scored on. Right now we don't have that.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Högberg signing imminent.

more to come

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Högberg signing imminent.

more to come

Balance of power just shifted? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All Hail the Arrival of The Högburglar! NotWorthy

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:All Hail the Arrival of The Högburglar!  NotWorthy

The Hamburglar ??

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Högberg signing imminent.

more to come

Balance of power just shifted? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Will be shifting imminently.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is Hogberg's audition for next year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So who will be the goaltenders in the system next year? Condon could be gone (GA or Las Vegas), but I doubt he would be replaced internally. Hammond is probably getting waived. That still leaves room for O'Connor, Driedger and Hogberg between AHL and ECHL.

But it's very likely that Driedger or O'Connor will be gone.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anyone hear anything new on MacArthur? Apparently the coach said there was news but that it wasn't his place to discuss it and didn't know much. That was at a press conference before the game in Minny. I can't find anything more on it anywhere.

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Anyone hear anything new on MacArthur?  Apparently the coach said there was news but that it wasn't his place to discuss it and didn't know much.  That was at a press conference before the game in Minny.  I can't find anything more on it anywhere.

All I heard so far was that MacArthur is trying to come back this season. I am guessing that just means he has to pass all the concussion tests...so maybe he did that? I dunno.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, they were talking in the pregame about him perhaps being back soon, but hadn't heard anything else.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Last I heard, there was no new baseline test scheduled, yet. Honestly, CMac can't help this team now. He's played 4 games over the last two seasons. Maybe next year.

But it's clear they need help. The fourth line may as well not play more than five minutes. The PK has been league worst recently, and now Smith is hurt.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'll just go right ahead and assume that White and Harpur are on the way to Detroit. Since Karlsson returned to Ottawa I assume he is not going to play until Tuesday (tomorrow's game is in Detroit). So no Karlsson, Methot, Ceci leaves us with Phaneuf, Claesson, Wideman, Boro, Jokipaaka. Both Phaneuf and Boro will have to switch sides.

Claesson-Phaneuf
Jokipaaka-Wideman
Harpur-Borowiecki

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Call up anyone from Bingo or put DiDomenico in and sit Bobby R in the press box. Thx.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"Harps" Harpur on the way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 52 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum