GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hammond can come to camp next year with Driedger and O'Connor and compete for the backup spot.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Honestly I don't see Condon re-signing. I think he can make bigger money starting in Vegas as a UFA vs a backup in Ottawa. Not sure what Ottawa's succession plan is in nets once Andy retires.
I don't know. There's no guarantee Vegas doesn't draft two goalies. If they do they can offer him a contract after the draft. There's no hurry on Condon. If he walks it's not a huge loss either.

As for Andy. He's still got a year on his deal? Might even get a 2 year extension after that. The goalie market isn't that bad. Getting a Legit number 1 like price is hard but we have some goalies in the system and here's always a few hitting FA.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I believe Vegas has to draft two goalies...?

Make that three goalies..they have to draft 3.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I believe Vegas has to draft two goalies...?

Make that three goalies..they have to draft 3.
Yeah so Condon definitely not going to vegas or another reason to sign him after the expansion draft.
Let them pitch Hammond if they want our goalie Laugh1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seriously why does Dorion have to go on about how melnyk opened up the purse strings... it only creates more resentment against him. "Oh benevolent overloaded, thank you NotWorthy "

Like Prags commented on twitter: that's the money mac is being covered by insurance

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Seriously why does Dorion have to go on about how melnyk opened up the purse strings... it only creates more resentment against him. "Oh benevolent overloaded, thank you NotWorthy "

Like Prags commented on twitter: that's the money mac is being covered by insurance
Lol.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo, which one are you on Twitter?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Flo, which one are you on Twitter?
I have an account but I don't post anything. I'm in you followers probably Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

gord wilson‏ @gordwilson 4m4 minutes ago
More
Sens line combo's today
Burrows-turris-hoffman
Smith-brassard-stone
Dzingel-pageau-pyatt
Stalberg-kelly-wingels

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Something interesting to consider. I was looking at the leading scorers in Bingo and noticed that only 2 out of the top 10 scorers were Sens draft picks (McCormick and Harpur). Bingo is on the outside of the playoffs as we speak.

Looking back: Cowen, Lazar, Zib (?), Puempel, Prince, Noesen, Ceci (?) never amounted to the type of player they were supposed to have become. Perron and Paul are both struggling and were supposed to be higher-end prospects.

What's happening with our farm team? I get that a lot of roster players have come out of Bingo and we have a lot of prospects playing outside the AHL, but the aforementioned were all 1st or 2nd round picks that never lived up to expectations. If it were one or two players than fine, but that's 5-7 guys that amounted to fringe NHLers

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Something interesting to consider. I was looking at the leading scorers in Bingo and noticed that only 2 out of the top 10 scorers were Sens draft picks (McCormick and Harpur). Bingo is on the outside of the playoffs as we speak.

Looking back: Cowen, Lazar, Zib (?), Puempel, Prince, Noesen, Ceci (?) never amounted to the type of player they were supposed to have become. Perron and Paul are both struggling and were supposed to be higher-end prospects.

What's happening with our farm team? I get that a lot of roster players have come out of Bingo and we have a lot of prospects playing outside the AHL, but the aforementioned were all 1st or 2nd round picks that never lived up to expectations. If it were one or two players than fine, but that's 5-7 guys that amounted to fringe NHLers

We called up a ton of guys from Bingo though. Don't forget that they won the Calder and then we took Smith, Pageau, later Dzingel, Hoffman, Stone, Boro, Wideman, Gryba, Lehner, Hammond, Claesson etc.

The next wave will be legitimately fun. White, Chabot, Brown, Chlapik, Dahlen, Jaros, Ahl - and give Perron this year to acclimatize to the pros, I really like him a lot.

The bad pick was Zibanejad, IMO. Cowen, there was very little left at that point and he was good until he got injured. Zibanejad had Sheifele behind him and D.Hamilton (boo hoo to Sheifele). Puempel and Noesen should have been better, but we missed on those. Prince is ok, not too bad for basically a third.

Paul will be good, I'm still convinced of that. These guys need time, is all.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Something interesting to consider. I was looking at the leading scorers in Bingo and noticed that only 2 out of the top 10 scorers were Sens draft picks (McCormick and Harpur). Bingo is on the outside of the playoffs as we speak.

We called up a ton of guys from Bingo though.  Don't forget that they won the Calder and then we took Smith, Pageau, later Dzingel, Hoffman, Stone, Boro, Wideman, Gryba, Lehner, Hammond, Claesson etc.

The next wave will be legitimately fun.  White, Chabot, Brown, Chlapik, Dahlen, Jaros, Ahl - and give Perron this year to acclimatize to the pros, I really like him a lot.

The bad pick was Zibanejad, IMO.  Cowen, there was very little left at that point and he was good until he got injured.  Zibanejad had Sheifele behind him and D.Hamilton (boo hoo to Sheifele).  Puempel and Noesen should have been better, but we missed on those.  Prince is ok, not too bad for basically a third.

Paul will be good, I'm still convinced of that.  These guys need time, is all.

My guess is White and Chabot both skip the AHL though they are both better served to spend at least part of the season there. Especially if it helps other prospects develop.

I remember Neely being ecstatic at the Zib pick. I was pissed. At the time I wanted Couturier.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:gord wilson‏ @gordwilson  4m4 minutes ago
More
Sens line combo's today
Burrows-turris-hoffman
Smith-brassard-stone
Dzingel-pageau-pyatt
Stalberg-kelly-wingels

Looks like Hoffman will have a new home on the right, as I predicted several weeks ago.

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 27 852933671

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

We called up a ton of guys from Bingo though.  Don't forget that they won the Calder and then we took Smith, Pageau, later Dzingel, Hoffman, Stone, Boro, Wideman, Gryba, Lehner, Hammond, Claesson etc.

The next wave will be legitimately fun.  White, Chabot, Brown, Chlapik, Dahlen, Jaros, Ahl - and give Perron this year to acclimatize to the pros, I really like him a lot.

The bad pick was Zibanejad, IMO.  Cowen, there was very little left at that point and he was good until he got injured.  Zibanejad had Sheifele behind him and D.Hamilton (boo hoo to Sheifele).  Puempel and Noesen should have been better, but we missed on those.  Prince is ok, not too bad for basically a third.

Paul will be good, I'm still convinced of that.  These guys need time, is all.

My guess is  White and Chabot both skip the AHL though they are both better served to spend at least part of the season there. Especially if it helps other prospects develop.

I remember Neely being ecstatic at the Zib pick. I was pissed. At the time I wanted Couturier.

Oh yeah Couturier too. Holy crap, we Cussed that one up but good. Mark Scheifele (I checked spelling finally), D.Hamilton and Couturier. Barf.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was saying the she thing the other day on Twitter. To be fair, though, Paul was a Dallas pick and I still think he'd be doing better up in Ottawa. Perron is too early to tell yet.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Couturier is nothing special. At best a second line to way center. Zibanejad just needs to get his priorities in order.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DiDomenico had cleared waivers and is now officially a member of the Senators.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:DiDomenico had cleared waivers and is now officially a member of the Senators.
Just listening to Boucher in his presser it's hard to know what we're getting out of this guy. Apparently a good hockey IQ and could be a guy that plays on the PP.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum