GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:The Sens have had some pretty big peaks and valleys through out the season and are lucky they're in the division they're in though.

i don't see that to be honest. We've been in the same spot or 3rd for a long time. We also have a great record against Metro teams

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:The Sens have had some pretty big peaks and valleys through out the season and are lucky they're in the division they're in though.

i don't see that to be honest. We've been in the same spot or 3rd for a long time. We also have a great record against Metro teams
Especially if you take into consideration the "near wins" Sarcasm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Especially if you take into consideration the "near wins" Sarcasm

I think they're called "close wins" and they mean "we were close to winning." Or maybe it means the Sens were close (physically) to the team that won.  Laugh1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev, you say we don't need a win streak but want to clinch so we can rest players. Assuming by resting players you mean we clinch with two or more games to go, that means we have to clinch in the next five games, which means 3 wins and two losses if you exclude streaks. If Tampa loses you could clinch a little sooner. But I still think the best way to clinch is to win a free in a row. More games to rest players.

Also, clinching a wildcard spot and facing the Caps in round one is not advisable. And clinching top three in the Division will take five wins.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Also, 2nd is preferable for the extra home game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Karlsson on the limp after blocking a shot last night. Perhaps explains why he was only on for one shift in OT.

http://www.shiftchart.com/game/2017-03-28-senators-flyers

Interesting tool, it's changes a lot since last year. Hoffman and Brassard also had just one shift in OT. Surprised about Hoffman. Ryan had one shift -- recall in the previous game he said he watched the goalie's shootout tape all through the OT as he knew he would not be on.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

White with an assist on Akeson's first period powerplay goal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chabot with three more assists tonight. 10 pts in the 4 game sweep.

Chlapik with an empty netter in a 4-1 win as the Islanders also sweep through to round two.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chabot is on fire. Wow.

So White got an assist on the lone Bingo goal as they got hammered 6-1. Anyone have any thoughts on his game? White said himself he thought he did pretty well and just has to get used to the physicality.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Chabot is on fire.  Wow.

So White got an assist on the lone Bingo goal as they got hammered 6-1.  Anyone have any thoughts on his game?  White said himself he thought he did pretty well and just has to get used to the physicality.

He was good in traffic and won some puck battles. I'm sure he feels better about the physical side already.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Do we think White makes this team? If yes, where does he play?

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
Dzingel-Brassard-Burrows
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Pyatt-Kelly-White
Extra: Dzingel, Wingels

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Do we think White makes this team? If yes, where does he play?

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
Dzingel-Brassard-Burrows
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Pyatt-Kelly-White

I don't think you see Stone that far down the lineup not to mention that he works well with Turris.

Dzingel-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Kelly-Burrows

I think you need to put White in at least somewhat of an offensive role to make it worth putting him in the lineup and it's now or never for Ryan and Brassard to step up. That lineup doesn't work and we're sunk anyway.

- Unknown Author

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Do we think White makes this team? If yes, where does he play?

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
Dzingel-Brassard-Burrows
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Pyatt-Kelly-White

I don't think you see Stone that far down the lineup not to mention that he works well with Turris.

Dzingel-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Kelly-Burrows

I think you need to put White in at least somewhat of an offensive role to make it worth putting him in the lineup and it's now or never for Ryan and Brassard to step up.  That lineup doesn't work and we're sunk anyway.

Yeah I just don't see Burrows in a 4th line role. I understand that you can roll L3 and L4 pretty interchangeably but from an optics perspective I don't think Dorion would be too happy with that.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
Dzingel-Brassard-Burrows
Smith-Pageau-Stone
Pyatt-Kelly-White

Dzingel-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Kelly-Burrows

I think you need to put White in at least somewhat of an offensive role to make it worth putting him in the lineup and it's now or never for Ryan and Brassard to step up.  That lineup doesn't work and we're sunk anyway.

Yeah I just don't see Burrows in a 4th line role. I understand that you can roll L3 and L4 pretty interchangeably but from an optics perspective I don't think Dorion would be too happy with that.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good point on Burrows except that his scoring has pretty much dried up. You could easily double shift Burrows to fill in for White during times you want more favorable matchups.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd sit Kelly and play White at center. He did well on faceoffs, and our PK had been the worst in there league the last 15 games. So much for Kelly being a good penalty killer. Smith/Pageau are being overworked. I'd also think about putting Burrows on White's wing for a little veteran protection.

I don't care much for our 4th line the way it is right now. That's why I'd put White there.

Next question, do you play him in the PP? Pierre said he could really help the Sens' PP. And why not, I'd try anything right now. It worked on Bingo.

Also, there other place would be PK and I don't think it would be wise to put a raw rookie in that role right away

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We're also missing a couple wild cards in this lineup. Stahlberg is absolutely pushing someone out when he's healthy and then there's the huge question mark surrounding MacArthur. If he's good to go then you see Dzingel pushed out IMO.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

With the number of bodies I can't see White coming up unless he really wows in Bingo.

MacArthur?? / Dzingel -Turris-Stone
Hoffman -Brassard-Ryan
Smith -Pageau- Burrows
Pyatt-Kelly-Stahlberg

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum