GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hoff-Machine wrote:
wprager wrote:Apparently the Sens tried to get Sharp out of Dallas but he wouldn't waive his NTC to come here.
http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/03/08/sens-were-looking-to-sharp-en-up-at-deadline

That sucks.  Likely the reason they went for Burrows, I would have much preferred Sharp.  But oh well, I guess he wants the long off-season instead...

Hopefully the success of the Sens this season helps convince players that Ottawa is an ideal place to live and play.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:
wprager wrote:Apparently the Sens tried to get Sharp out of Dallas but he wouldn't waive his NTC to come here.
http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/03/08/sens-were-looking-to-sharp-en-up-at-deadline

That sucks.  Likely the reason they went for Burrows, I would have much preferred Sharp.  But oh well, I guess he wants the long off-season instead...

Hopefully the success of the Sens this season helps convince players that Ottawa is an ideal place to live and play.

I'd much rather play in Ottawa than Winnipeg, Edmonton, Buffalo, Columbus, Carolina. Even cities like St. Louis, Detroit and Chicago are pretty dreadful places to live due to crime. Not sure why Ottawa has such a bad rep around the league - especially to a Canadian during the Trump era.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Three words: marginal tax rates.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Figured they would,  I really like varone so far

This surprises no one. He's well on his way to becoming an untouchable in your eyes.  Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2017/3/10/14877236/boston-college-mens-ice-hockey-vs-vermont-game-time-how-to-watch-and-more

Games 1 and 2 of the best of three between Boston College and Vermont tonight and tomorrow at 7. See link above for tips on how you can watch or listen (audio stream is free, video will cost). Although Boston is ranked higher, Vermont has been given them problems of late. It is rumored that White intends to turn pro as soon as his season is over, which could come as early as tomorrow night.

And with the recent injuries there just might be a roster spot for him.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:http://www.bcinterruption.com/2017/3/10/14877236/boston-college-mens-ice-hockey-vs-vermont-game-time-how-to-watch-and-more

Games 1 and 2 of the best of three between Boston College and Vermont tonight and tomorrow at 7.  See link above for tips on how you can watch or listen (audio stream is free, video will cost). Although Boston is ranked higher, Vermont has been given them problems of late. It is rumored that White intends to turn pro as soon as his season is over, which could come as early as tomorrow night.

Well, this is very interesting news. Maybe he can come in and produce enough to start earning a full-time spot for next year.

On a somewhat unrelated note, remember Stone's first game with the big club? That pass on Spezza's goal against the Rags was electric and set the stage for things to come. Maybe young Colin White can do something similar.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Figured they would,  I really like varone so far

This surprises no one. He's well on his way to becoming an untouchable in your eyes.  Sarcasm

Definitely untouchable. Right up there with the likes of Karlsson.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:http://www.bcinterruption.com/2017/3/10/14877236/boston-college-mens-ice-hockey-vs-vermont-game-time-how-to-watch-and-more

Games 1 and 2 of the best of three between Boston College and Vermont tonight and tomorrow at 7.  See link above for tips on how you can watch or listen (audio stream is free, video will cost). Although Boston is ranked higher, Vermont has been given them problems of late. It is rumored that White intends to turn pro as soon as his season is over, which could come as early as tomorrow night.

Too bad he couldn't get knocked out tonight and suit up for Ottawa's game Saturday.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My point was more that there's still a chance he plays. The last little while, based on what Dorion's been saying or not-saying, general consensus was that he would most likely sign an ATO and go to Bingo. Dorion said, basically, that it would be unfair to stick this kid into the lineup when they were still touch-and-go for the playoffs. Well, that's changed with the recent 5 game winning streak (and counting, hopefully) as well as the injuries. Personally I think these are more maintenance days and are only being given out because they are winning and have built a small cushion. So now, let's say the Sens win the next two (Colorado is not very good, Tampa just lost three more centers -- in addition to the two they traded away). They play a bit of a freebie against Chicago (since the Habs play them just a couple days earlier before the head-to-head showdown).

Of course if BC advances against Vermont (as they are expected to do) they in one of the semi-final games (not a series) the following Friday (17th) and, if they win that, the Final game is on Saturday (18th). If they lose this weekend (best of 3) or Friday or Saturday then they could have to be selected as one of the 10 "at large" teams which advance to the championships with the six Division champions. Since they are ranked 19th it is extremely unlikely they could be selected unless they win Hockey East.

Now, the interesting part is that, despite how they played last week (or was it two weeks ago?) BC finished the regular season tied for the division lead with two other teams. For whatever reason, they played well within their division (Hockey East) and it's their overall play that has them ranked 19th (e.g. Vermont, their opponent this weekend, is actually ranked higher).

So, who knows. On the one hand, since Vermont is ranked higher, maybe they lose this weekend. On the other hand, since they are tied for the division lead, who is to say they won't win out the division and advance to the championships that way.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Colin White got injured last night and didn't return to the game. He's being re-evaluated today. Sounds like maybe it was knee-on-knee....

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yikes. From the write-up it doesn't sound too serious. He tried to guy it out but the game was well in hand (ended 7-0) so most likely just precaution.

In any case, after a 7-0 blowout it seems unlikely they will lose to Vermont. The earliest he could potentially play would be the Boston game on the 21st.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not too serious is very good news

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Not too serious is very good news

Just saw that he *will* play tonight.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I am starting to think that Methot is more expendable than Phaneuf, Wideman or Ceci. I hope they leave him unprotected.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Can one of the fancy stats people find out how Karlsson does with Methot compared to other D and also find out if Methot's fancy stats numbers are as bad as my eyes tell me.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I can tell you without looking it up that Wideman has the best possession stats (Corsi) on the team. Better than Karlsson.

Methot doesn't have possession stats.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's Karlsson's WOWY stats 5 on 5.
http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=1190&withagainst=true&season=2016-17&sit=5v5

CF% will different d partners:
Methot 47.3
Phaneuf 49.3
Boro 53.5
Claesson 50.8
Wideman 61.0
Ceci 59.1

And just a taste of what's to come:
Chabot 66.7

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Thanks Prags. What does CF% mean. My eyes tell me that Methot is actually dragging Karlsson down when they are paired together.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum