GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Cup of Hockey 2016 - All Purpose Thread

+4
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
SensHulk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Russia taking the lead. Prags doing laps around the TV.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Marchand answers to prags victory laps.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Contrary to popular belief among the small-minded, I was not sitting at home draped in my Russian flag. I was actually at the gym, on the bike. When Russia tied it up I did a tiny little fist-pump. But it was Price and Doughty, so sue me.

Overmatched the whole game. Bobrovsky kept them in for 2 periods. The second Marchand goal was not good, though. I really hope it'll be Team Sweden, now. Want to see what Karlsson does lining up against Doughty.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Contrary to popular belief among the small-minded, I was not sitting at home draped in my Russian flag.  I was actually at the gym, on the bike.  When Russia tied it up I did a tiny little fist-pump.  But it was Price and Doughty, so sue me.

Overmatched the whole game.  Bobrovsky kept them in for 2 periods.  The second Marchand goal was not good, though.  I really hope it'll be Team Sweden, now.  Want to see what Karlsson does lining up against Doughty.

It would be a better story if Team Europe made it, but I agree. I want to see how EK stacks up.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I want to see team Sweden win it all! Another notch on karlsson's belt.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:I want to see team Sweden win it all! Another notch on karlsson's belt.

Dorion's with you.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I want to see team Sweden win it all! Another notch on karlsson's belt.

Dorion's with you.
Smart people think alike. It's not like karl's next contract won't be astronomical anyways

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Which speaking of, I would say will be 80 mill for 8 years. And that may be leaving money on the table by then.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think I'll watch just to see how Rieder plays. He'd instantly become the most popular German-born winger the Sens ever had.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Gaborik gone from the Finals with a foot injury.  Likely to miss start of season for LA as well.

EDIT: He'll be out 8 weeks. Posted also in General board.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just not getting into this at all. Didn't try to put the game on at the gym, watched the Sens when I got back home, now sitting in the living room while the game is on in the family room. I can hear it but have almost zero interest in it. Weird, huh? Maybe because it's a best of 3 and against a much weaker opponent.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I had some interest when we played Russia and the USA, but have zero interest in the finals.  Partially because it's a foregone conclusion that we'll win...I wonder what the betting odds are?

Edit: I looked up the odds. Canada was a -820 favourite for game 1.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I had some interest when we played Russia and the USA, but have zero interest in the finals.  Partially because it's a foregone conclusion that we'll win...I wonder what the betting odds are?

Edit:  I looked up the odds.  Canada was a -820 favourite for game 1.  

At one point they were -1000. Maybe after Vanek's comment. Sarcasm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hope team Europe wins, just to stick it to the bookies.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This WCH was meant to be a message to the IOC, that the NHL can make money without the Olympics, but the IOC needs the NHL to make (more) money. I'm not sure the message was very successful. I'm not saying the NHL will *lose* money on this, but half the ads are for the NHL online shopping store.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Does anyone else hope that team Europe take this thing? Ultimate undedog

Edit: way to jinx it flo

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I feel bad for team Europe. They turned alot of heads and didn't get as much recognition as another country would. I was actually rooting for them just so Canada isn't so dominant and also another game means another chance of injury to stamkos/crosby/price and others.

oh well, shouldn't have been best 2 of 3, but I do hope they keep doing the world cup regularly. Give it some traction for once.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Now that that's over ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum