GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Cup of Hockey 2016 - All Purpose Thread

+4
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
SensHulk
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

With Russia's win, NA is out. Another reason to change the format (should have been top 3 advance with top team in each group getting a bye to the semis).

On another note, if USA was a gigantic disappointment, Finland has to be an absolute disaster. They're the country on the rise and scored 1 goal the entire tourney. Maybe USA can match them.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Finland is a young team. A lot of their stars are still 18. Next time (in 4 years) things could be very different. Karlsson will wear the 'C', Stone will be on the team, Ovechkin may not make it.

And, no, I don't cheer for Montreal. I cheered for them when I lived there (and a little bit after I first move here in '92 -- the Cup run in '93 was unbelievable, like the Sens run 2 years ago but with a better ending).

I *may* cheer a bit for Russia especially when they aren't playing Canada. If Canada somehow loses I can only hope it's because Price gets injured and misses half the season.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Finland is a young team.  A lot of their stars are still 18.  Next time (in 4 years) things could be very different.  Karlsson will wear the 'C', Stone will be on the team, Ovechkin may not make it.

And, no, I don't cheer for Montreal.  I cheered for them when I lived there (and a little bit after I first move here in '92 -- the Cup run in '93 was unbelievable, like the Sens run 2 years ago but with a better ending).

I *may* cheer a bit for Russia especially when they aren't playing Canada.  If Canada somehow loses I can only hope it's because Price gets injured and misses half the season.

That's funny, I'm sure I read somewhere that you were a Habs fan. Maybe even here on these boards.  Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You did not read it from me. Look, is it really difficult to understand? I came to Canada when I was 14 and lived in Montreal for 20 years. The Sens did not exist until almost the time I left and came to Ottawa. I was a Habs fan when I lived there, and I still fondly remember the old Habs teams (which bear little to no resemblance to what's there now).

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:You did not read it from me.  Look, is it really difficult to understand?  I came to Canada when I was 14 and lived in Montreal for 20 years.  The Sens did not exist until almost the time I left and came to Ottawa.  I was a Habs fan when I lived there, and I still fondly remember the old Habs teams (which bear little to no resemblance to what's there now).  

Sarcasm <----Are you familiar with this emoji?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:You did not read it from me.  Look, is it really difficult to understand?  I came to Canada when I was 14 and lived in Montreal for 20 years.  The Sens did not exist until almost the time I left and came to Ottawa.  I was a Habs fan when I lived there, and I still fondly remember the old Habs teams (which bear little to no resemblance to what's there now).  

World Cup of Hockey 2016 - All Purpose Thread - Page 6 852933671

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PillowFight

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:

No, never seen it before.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is this all star tournament 'in the books' yet?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not even close. Semi-final games Saturday and Sunday, then best-of-three Finals Tuesday, Thursday and, if necessary, next Saturday.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Not even close.  Semi-final games Saturday and Sunday, then best-of-three Finals Tuesday, Thursday and, if necessary, next Saturday.
Although I haven't been able to watch many games because of classes and other engagements, I have to say I prefer having world cups of hockey rather than those world championships with half the players still in the playoffs. But I'm not liking how long the last leg is dragging on.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm looking forward to Canada-Russia, for sure. It's been a while since they've played a meaningful game. And Russia seems to have the goaltending this year so it's going to be a good game. I like Canada's chances but Price has to be on and they can't take unnecessary penalties.

As for the format, you have McDavid, Matthews, Eichel, Ekblad and a bunch of others not in. In that way it's similar to the IIHF Worlds (not all the best players are there). Say what you will, but the Olympics are the best ones, still (too bad they insist on playing them on the big ice).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What the hell?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:What the hell?

Laugh1 scratch Goodbye

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Feels good to sit down to watch an important hockey game.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Russia taking the lead. Prags doing laps around the TV.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Marchand answers to prags victory laps.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Contrary to popular belief among the small-minded, I was not sitting at home draped in my Russian flag. I was actually at the gym, on the bike. When Russia tied it up I did a tiny little fist-pump. But it was Price and Doughty, so sue me.

Overmatched the whole game. Bobrovsky kept them in for 2 periods. The second Marchand goal was not good, though. I really hope it'll be Team Sweden, now. Want to see what Karlsson does lining up against Doughty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum