GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
Hobiesens
dennycrane
DefenceWinsChampionships
Hoags
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
Ev
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
spader
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Haha...Poor stone is a plate now.

He's good with the saucer passes.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is a Cussing plate, Walter, not a saucer.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Man, anyone else think the Lightning and Drouin kiss and make up? They aren't gonna let him go quietly. Not with the way he's playing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:This is a Cussing plate, Walter, not a saucer.

Stone is a saucerer with the puck.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:This is a Cussing plate, Walter, not a saucer.

Stone is a saucerer with the puck.

He can really dish it out.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Man, anyone else think the Lightning and Drouin kiss and make up? They aren't gonna let him go quietly. Not with the way he's playing.
I think a deal for drouin is pretty much off the books for us at this point. We may have screwed that one up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's not going anywhere.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I doubt he goes anywhere either.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not until he's 27. Or 26. You know what I mean.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Man, anyone else think the Lightning and Drouin kiss and make up? They aren't gonna let him go quietly. Not with the way he's playing.

It's really up to him since he demanded the trade in the first place.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Did we mess it up? I don't think we really had a deal in place no?

Trading Ceci would have left a huge hole in our D(weakest part of the team). Were we going to move Wideman up to top 4?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Did we mess it up? I don't think we really had a deal in place no?

Trading Ceci would have left a huge hole in our D(weakest part of the team).  Were we going to move Wideman up to top 4?

If it came to that then Phaneuf would have switched to the right side where he had played the last few years. The problem, then, would be who would play the left side on the second pairing. The list of candidates would be:

Wiercioch (qualified at $2.7M)
Borowiecki ( Puking2 )
Chabot/Claesson/Englund

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Did we mess it up? I don't think we really had a deal in place no?

Trading Ceci would have left a huge hole in our D(weakest part of the team).  Were we going to move Wideman up to top 4?

The net benefit of adding Drouin to the team would make up for that perceived "hole." Wideman would have been fine or pick up a UFA to fill Ceci's spot.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We might have been able to fill ceci' spot with Phaneuf although apparently he play a best on The left Side. He could of been ok until the off season and then we could of gone after a FA to fill either the left or the right.
I like Ceci but it sure looks like he might not equal out to the player drouin is. And yes, I know, different position.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Well the trade would have been more than Ceci. I don't think Yzerman was going to trade him unless someone drastically overpaid.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Well the trade would have been more than Ceci.  I don't think Yzerman was going to trade him unless someone drastically overpaid.
Yeah but I doubt it would of been Ceci and our first. Probably Ceci and a guy like puempel and a pick.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I got to say I'm kind of interested to see which player improves the most under Boucher. My money is on Bobby Ryan, ceci and possibly Chiasson if he's still around.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Rishaug was interviewed on TGOR this morning. Stone is likely to move up in the lineup as the bench gets shorter. Quarter final against Team Sweden goes today at 1:15PM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum