GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
Hobiesens
dennycrane
DefenceWinsChampionships
Hoags
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
Ev
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
spader
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I still don't see this 'roster shake-up' that Dorion promised.

Realistically, I'd imagine the lineup looking like this:

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - ????
Smith - Pageau - Stone
Dzingel - Paul - Lazar
Extras Neil and Puempel - hopefully Chiasson diddles off

If they cheap out and do absolutely nothing to the forward ranks, then move Stone up and Lazar up and insert Neil.

Defence:

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Borowiecki - ???
Wideman

Anderson
Hammond
I see the lines a little differently.
Hoffman-turris-ryan
MacArthur -Zib - stone
I know stone was good with pageau but you can't actually expect him to play on the third line.

Either Stone, Ryan or a free agent/trade must play on Pageau's line.  You can't load up your top 6, teams can defend that too well.  Then if there are injuries, Stone moves up, but he can be a dynamic player with Pageau and Smith IMO - and they'll get the ice time too.
I kind of hope smith is traded.

I think we could have an interesting 3rd line with puempel pageau and ericksson. Or MacArthur pageau and Paul, Or someone we trade for. Either way I don't see the third line looking anything the way it does now.

Feels like the org is leaning toward keeping Chiasson maybe. Tough to see where he slides in. Dzingel lazar Chiasson/Neil on the 4rth line?

I think I'd put Dzingel on the 3rd line before Puempel.  
Well when it all shakes out I think we will see a new name on the team's bottom 2 lines. Dorion has gone on record stating that he wants to add someone there. Who? No clue. Hopefully someone that could possibly play too 6 also. If anything has worried me about Dorion it's that he wants to upgrade the bottom lines when I still see a huge hole on the LW in the top two lines.

But he could be talking about chiasson's spot.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't understand the point in bringing Chiasson back. He's not as good as Dzingel, Paul or Lazar, he's probably on par with McCormick and Puempel's about to lap him too. Not to mention we'll want to see a few games from Perron. I just don't see a fit.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:I don't understand the point in bringing Chiasson back.  He's not as good as Dzingel, Paul or Lazar, he's probably on par with McCormick and Puempel's about to lap him too.  Not to mention we'll want to see a few games from Perron.  I just don't see a fit.
It is questionable. Maybe there is hope they can trade him? Maybe they think guy can get him going?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:No, he really cannot.  You may admire his toughness but he is not very good playing the left side, and worse playing the right.  I put up with him because it's just the third pairing and he does bring an element of toughness the Sens need.  But with a healthy Michalek and replacing Wiericoch with Phaneuf, we are a lot tougher than we used to be.  Wouldn't mind getting a little tougher up-front, of course, but we no-longer rely on Boro for that as much as in the past.

Where do you get that Boro isn't very good on the left side?  He's just fine, he's a stay at home, crease clearing D-man who plays a simple, but sturdy game.  Absolutely perfect for the 3rd pairing.
C'mon bro. He's not a perfect 3rd pairing guy. All too often he focuses on the hit which leads to situation where we could of retaken possession. He's 'alright' but if we could get an upgrade maybe we should.

I disagree.  He's a solid player.  If he goes for the big hit too much under Le Chiffre, then he'll be taught not to, but as a 3rd pairing guy, who better than a homegrown (literally) player who is tough as nails, hits like a Mac truck, clears the crease, can fight and will fight for teammates, works his arse off.  Everything you want from your role players.

I like Boro-cop, I really do, but I don't have any illusions as to what he is. In certain situations he can be very valuable. But he will often put himself way out of position to make a hit which, in a regular season game, is useless. Over the course of a 7-game series laying that big hit has benefits in the next few games, but it can hurt more than help in the regular season (help the next team). So a player like his clearly has his uses but he is far from perfect, 3rd pairing or not.

-------

http://www.gmhockey.com/viewtopic.forum?t=6378

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum