GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deadline moves.

+12
SensHulk
TheAvatar
DefenceWinsChampionships
dennycrane
spader
tim1_2
Ev
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 40]

526Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:32 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hopefully a team crapped their pants and insist on paying us a 1st for Wiercioch? More to come?

527Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:33 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Phaneuf was a real good addition for Ottawa...addressed our #1 need. Good on Murray. There's zero pressure to do anything today.

slowclap Damn right. As usual, Murray does his "deadline" work prior to the deadline. I think that strategy is useful and prevents over payments (or poor returns *cough Pirri *cough).

528Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:34 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:He had good advanced stats (1st on team in CF and FF, 2nd in SF -- to be fair, being 1st/2nd on the Sens still means not very good) and as for scoring, if you adjust to time on ice he was 1st in assists per 60, 3rd in goals per 60.

Those stats are rubbish because you did not assess his game time for opponents faced and extended play fatigue. Truth be told stats never tell the real picture and are in no way the real indicate what a player is. That's the big problem I have with the analytical community. They have failed to use them as a complimentary tool and have adopted them as the end all be all.

I liked Prince but there's a mid point.

Show me in which way he was better than, say, Lazar?

Did you post your demand on the wrong post? I don't see how your question applies.

529Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:He had good advanced stats (1st on team in CF and FF, 2nd in SF -- to be fair, being 1st/2nd on the Sens still means not very good) and as for scoring, if you adjust to time on ice he was 1st in assists per 60, 3rd in goals per 60.

Those stats are rubbish because you did not assess his game time for opponents faced and extended play fatigue. Truth be told stats never tell the real picture and are in no way the real indicate what a player is. That's the big problem I have with the analytical community. They have failed to use them as a complimentary tool and have adopted them as the end all be all.

I liked Prince but there's a mid point.

Show me in which way he was better than, say, Lazar?

Did you post your demand on the wrong post? I don't see how your question applies.

Pretty sure I was replying to Flo's post stating those stats are rubbish. Someone tweeted a head-to-head comparison with a plethora of stats -- both advanced as well as normalized scoring (including primary/secondary/goals breakdown and more) and the only stat in which Lazar was ahead was in TOI.

Now, I'm not going to pretend that Prince is better than Lazar. Lazar has the pedigree and everything that says he *will be* a good player, except for development. Lazar should be in the AHL so perhaps not a good comparison. But the point is that in every respect except -- including the "eye test" -- Prince was doing very well, yet they kept giving ice time to players like Dzeingel, Dziursynsky and others (including Lazar) who had worse numbers.

I'm not a fan of Prince, I have to say that right now. But they traded him for a 3rd rounder! Who will likely never play in the NHL or, if he does, it won't be for another 4-5 years. And its' not like Prince was expensive. With Turris shutting it down they will need to recall someone -- Puempel, I would guess, since as an emergency callup he won't need waivers. I prefer Puempel over Prince but I guess we'll see.

Just don't think the coach and management are doing a good job at asset management at all here.

530Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Puempel recalled.

531Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:03 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

FWIW, Prince (basically) was a 3rd rounder. Just saying. He was drafted 61st.

There's obviously more to the Prince story. I'm assuming that those reports we got last year that he had entitlement and attitude issues were true.

532Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:06 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Puempel recalled.

Here's hoping he gets going.

533Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:19 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Puempel recalled.

Here's hoping he gets going.

There's our big dudline acquisition right?

534Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:19 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Given that Pirri got a 6th or whatever it was, a 3rd for Prince isn't bad. Pirri had 20 goals last year.

535Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:25 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah. It's sad to see the most vocal part of the sens community be these analytic buffoons. They can't even appreciate what bringing phaneuf has done and will do for this team. And yes the 6th sens leads the way. I go over there and comment my distaste for his analysis and try to point out the flaws whenever I get a chance. That site use to be so good. And then he (self admittedly) said he watched less and less games and focused on the stats. It was all downhill from there. if your stats don't match up with what the product is maybe you should reevaluate.
It's funny how there's not much interest for the guys they are so often carrying the torch for.
Could there be flaws in their thinking? One would suggest the possibility...

536Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:29 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The 6th Sens is incredibly negative and just plain useless. They championed Condra, and now he's a healthy scratch for a different team. Prince and Wiercioch are also fringe NHLers, and that's all their is to it. The 6th Sens, James Gordon, and a few other Sens Twitter chumps just circle jerk each other, retweeting each other and will never take responsibility when they're wrong (like they were with Phaneuf).

537Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:39 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

For what it's worth ive seen a lot of isles fans upset at the prince trade. Wanted parenteau and upset that snow made this move instead

538Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:The 6th Sens is incredibly negative and just plain useless. They championed Condra, and now he's a healthy scratch for a different team. Prince and Wiercioch are also fringe NHLers, and that's all their is to it. The 6th Sens, James Gordon, and a few other Sens Twitter chumps just circle jerk each other, retweeting each other and will never take responsibility when they're wrong (like they were with Phaneuf).

I was at Twitter earlier and didn't realize Gordon was an absolute fool.

539Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:03 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensChirp is actually pretty level-headed, although they don't really add much of anything new.

540Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:05 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:SensChirp is actually pretty level-headed, although they don't really add much of anything new.

Senschirp is just boring. Doesn't bring anything forward anymore. Just a little recap. I hardly ever go there anymore.

541Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:05 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I should have taken the advice I normally give Ev and just steered clear of the dumpster fire today. It's the sheer arrogance of these fools that really chafes me.

542Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:06 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:For what it's worth ive seen a lot of isles fans upset at the prince trade. Wanted parenteau and upset that snow made this move instead
personally I love that they didn't trade parenteau. I bet a lot of leafs fans are upset. No precious picks for them to accumulate. Parenteau stays, boyes stays...

543Deadline moves. - Page 36 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:09 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:SensChirp is actually pretty level-headed, although they don't really add much of anything new.

Senschirp is just boring. Doesn't bring anything forward anymore. Just a little recap. I hardly ever go there anymore.

I never go to the website..just follow him on Twitter. Nothing revolutionary, but at least he actually watches the games and hasn't gone overboard with the advanced stats.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum