GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves

+13
Jordo
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
strachattack
asq2
22_4_ever
shabbs
LeCaptain
Ev
dennycrane
spader
NEELY
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Empty Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Let's do this, how did Murray do?

Mike Fisher to NSH for 1st and Conditional 2nd/3rd A

Chris Kelly to BOS for 2nd A

Jarkko Ruutu to ANA for 6th C

Brian Elliott to COL for Craig Anderson A+

Alex Kovalev to PIT for conditional 7th D

Christ Campoli and conditional 7th to CHI for Ryan Poltuney and 2nd A

Re-signs Chris Phillips to 3 year 9.25 Million dollar contract B+

PS I didn't include waiver transactions.

Total Grade: A

Reason:

NEGATIVE: Murray's smart enough to know what he can and can't do. If Kovalev could only net a 7th, then so be it. If Ruutu could only net a 6th, again, so be it. Just felt like those couldn't possibly be the best returns.

POSITIVE:
Everything else, literally everything from re-signing Big Rig, to shipping Campoli out for a 2nd, the theft of Anderson from the Avs (thanks again Sherman for messing that one up, but good!).

2Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Empty Re: Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:40 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Fisher B+
Kelly A
Ruutu C+
Elliott A++
Kovalev B-
Campoli A
Phillips A

3Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Empty Re: Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:49 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Fisher A-
Kelly A
Ruutu C
Elliott A+
Kovalev C+
Campoli A
Phillips A
not fooling someone into taking Kuba D

4Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Empty Re: Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:10 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Fisher A-: Should have been able to guarantee a 2nd piece, even a 6th rounder.
Kelly B: Fair trade
Ruutu B: A little underwhelming but it was done early to save money
Elliott A: A+ if Anderson stays.
Kovalev B-: Should have been a higher ceiling based on individual production as well, but he is garbage 80% of the time
Campoli A-: 26-year old 'prospects' can be worrisome. Good return when everyone knows the numbers game here.
Phillips B: Don't like the third year at all.

Overall quite good. Kelly was the only player on the list that was consistent in fulfilling their role on the team. It looks like Murray bought us a new scoreboard with the savings.

5Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Empty Re: Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

These moves don't change the fact that he should not be re-upped. Smile

6Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Empty Re: Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:17 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:These moves don't change the fact that he should not be re-upped. Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves 54934

June 24 should though Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves 54934

7Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Empty Re: Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:
Big Ev wrote:These moves don't change the fact that he should not be re-upped. Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves 54934

June 24 should though Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves 54934

Nope.

8Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Empty Re: Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:13 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I heard on the Fan 590 today that it was Colorado that was pushing for the Elliott - Anderson trade. Crazy.

9Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Empty Re: Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:18 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:I heard on the Fan 590 today that it was Colorado that was pushing for the Elliott - Anderson trade. Crazy.

Check the Team1200 Facebook page as I'm sure there is the audio there.

Murray was on Team1200 today talking about that deal among others and he said that he called Colorado about Anderson seeing as he's a UFA. He offered a prospect and they countered with Elliott. He believe it was a good deal for Elliott so he made it.

It was him that initiated the conversation about Anderson, it was them who wanted Elliott.

10Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Empty Re: Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:26 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

22_4_ever wrote:
shabbs wrote:I heard on the Fan 590 today that it was Colorado that was pushing for the Elliott - Anderson trade. Crazy.

Murray was on Team1200 today talking about that deal among others and he said that he called Colorado about Anderson seeing as he's a UFA. He offered a prospect and they countered with Elliott. He believe it was a good deal for Elliott so he made it.

It was him that initiated the conversation about Anderson, it was them who wanted Elliott.
Yeah, they wanted Elliott, which is what caught me by surprise.

11Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Empty Re: Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:33 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:

Yeah, they wanted Elliott, which is what caught me by surprise.

So it isn't just us who have terrible pro scouts? Good to know.

12Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Empty Re: Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:05 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

My guess is they wanted Elliott because they want Landeskog as a replacement for the at-the-time-soon-to-be-traded Stewart.

Same reason we didn't deal Kuba at the deadline. Sarcasm

13Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Empty Re: Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:26 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Ugh... I just watched TSN's version of who won and who lost. I also watched their take on how well the Canadian teams did. What a joke.

A sample...

So Dreger... who's a winner in your eyes? Tallon from FLA. He loves to build through the draft and moved 6 or 7 roster players and can now boast having a first rounder, 2 seconds and 3 thirds and it goes on and on...

What about Ottawa, Bob McKenzie?
Well, they're just burning it to the ground. They've got some real lean tough years ahead for the fanbase.

Both statements are probably true to a degree but how they spin it awfully frustrating to watch.

14Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Empty Re: Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:50 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

strachattack wrote:Ugh... I just watched TSN's version of who won and who lost. I also watched their take on how well the Canadian teams did. What a joke.

A sample...

So Dreger... who's a winner in your eyes? Tallon from FLA. He loves to build through the draft and moved 6 or 7 roster players and can now boast having a first rounder, 2 seconds and 3 thirds and it goes on and on...

Well, they're just burning it to the ground. They've got some real lean tough years ahead for the fanbase.

Both statements are probably true to a degree but how they spin it awfully frustrating to watch.

You've got to admit, dealing guys like Campoli, Elliott and Ruutu is pretty staggering. And it's not like our 2 firsts and 3 seconds compare with the picks Florida's lined up.

15Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Empty Re: Rate Murray's trades/signings/moves Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:54 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:
strachattack wrote:Ugh... I just watched TSN's version of who won and who lost. I also watched their take on how well the Canadian teams did. What a joke.

A sample...

You've got to admit, dealing guys like Campoli, Elliott and Ruutu is pretty staggering. And it's not like our 2 firsts and 3 seconds compare with the picks Florida's lined up.

Our picks are better then what they have lined up for sure, and our prospect pool/NHL level talent is ahead of where they were last year. They just happened to be one year ahead in the rebuild and had an excellent draft (on paper) last year.

The spin is still very much there, and to be honest it is frustrating.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum