GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rate my Fantasy team

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rate my Fantasy team Empty Rate my Fantasy team Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:09 pm

AlfieforPM

AlfieforPM
Prospect
Prospect

Thought I'd start a thread where we could all talk about our fantasy teams.

Here's my fantasy team, keep in mind it is in a yahoo league where PIMS, shots, saves, +/- all count. THe league has 9 gms (all my close buddy's who I believe are very knowledgable when it comes to hockey), and there are 9 forwards, 4 D and 2 Goalies that play (4 players on the Bench). I believe I dominated my draft and have to best team in the league by far.

Forwards
Crosby
Spezza
Jokinen (due for a massive year, especially with all the shots he takes)
St. Louis
Cammeleri
Selanne (my steal of the draft)
Vanek
Boyes
Nathan Horton
Prospal (Bench)
Smyth (Bench)

Defense
S. Niedermayer
Jovanoski
Weber
T. Kaberle
Souray (Bench)

Goalies
Kippersoff
Vokun
Bryzgalov (Bench)

As you can see my forwards are the strength of my team because of my choice to draft them early but I think I did a good job of getting late rounders to fill in my Goalies and D.

2Rate my Fantasy team Empty Re: Rate my Fantasy team Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:27 pm

It must be nice having both Spezza and Crosby - how'd you pull that off?
I like the Vanek selection. He's going to be an 80+ player in the 2nd year of his contract.
I'm not so sure about Cammeleri, but its definitely not a bad choice.
Selanne was my steal too :D
I like the Kipper choice, but I'm not a fan of the Vokoun selection.
Your D is solid and Niedermayer is a great steal if you got him in a mid-round.

Overall, I give the collection of players an (A-) but its hard to say, really, without knowing the order in which players were picked Wink
You shouldn't have a problem picking up points though Smile

3Rate my Fantasy team Empty Re: Rate my Fantasy team Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:46 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Well, apart from the fact that you are going to be destroyed in the PIM dept, it looks like a nice roster.

4Rate my Fantasy team Empty Re: Rate my Fantasy team Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:49 pm

AlfieforPM

AlfieforPM
Prospect
Prospect

PKC wrote:Well, apart from the fact that you are going to be destroyed in the PIM dept, it looks like a nice roster.
Its an overall points league though so im not gonna have to really worry about that (not a rotery league or whatever).

5Rate my Fantasy team Empty Re: Rate my Fantasy team Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:55 pm

AlfieforPM

AlfieforPM
Prospect
Prospect

cash wrote:It must be nice having both Spezza and Crosby - how'd you pull that off?
I like the Vanek selection. He's going to be an 80+ player in the 2nd year of his contract.
I'm not so sure about Cammeleri, but its definitely not a bad choice.
Selanne was my steal too :D
I like the Kipper choice, but I'm not a fan of the Vokoun selection.
Your D is solid and Niedermayer is a great steal if you got him in a mid-round.

Overall, I give the collection of players an (A-) but its hard to say, really, without knowing the order in which players were picked Wink
You shouldn't have a problem picking up points though Smile
I got Vokun VERY late and I figured he was worth a late rounder, I then got Bryzgalov as a backup plan (i think he'll have a great year on a very strong Phoenix team). I had the second pick overall and I reluctantly took Crosby then I somehow managed Spezza with my second. The guy a head of me took Alfie in the second round. I think Alfie's point production will take a bit of a dive this year if he does play with Fisher and Vermette but Spezza's will continue to go up playing with Heatley. As far as Cammeleri goes I think he like everyone who preceeded him will have a monster year centering (or playing left wing) Iginla's line. He could be a real sleeper in many leagues. Too many people under rate him! I got him getting 80 points this year.

6Rate my Fantasy team Empty Re: Rate my Fantasy team Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:40 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Don't listen to any of this: that is a pretty stacked team! How you ended up with Crosby, Spezza, and Kipper on the same team is a mystery to me -- those guys usually all go in the first 15 picks.

By my count, you've got 5 for sure PPG or better guys, plus Selanne who might do the same. Prospal and Smyth probably won't pass 55 points, and Smyth is bound to spend 20 games on the IR, but every other forward you have 60+ points. With Cammalleri, Selanne, Vanek, and Horton, you should be especially good for goals.

You do have some decent PIM producers, too: Jokinen, Horton, Jovo, and Souray will all put up decent numbers for you (80+), and Selanne can chip in quite a bit too if he feels like it. You might want to see if you can steal a guy like Scotty Hartnell: if he's available now (he often slips through), drop Prospal or Smyth for him immediately; he's good for 100-50 PIM and should have comparable point totals as the other two. Malone is not a bad option, either, if Hartnell is gone.

The D is solid, if not spectacular. Still, Nieds and Kaber should put up lots of points for you. The other three are capable of 40+ seasons with good PIM additions, but they do have injury histories.

I'm not ecstatic about your goalies, but Kipper could well rebound this year. I think Vokoun is useless in standard Yahoo! leagues (he'll kill you in the GAA/SV% department), but Bryzgalov is a very decent second. Might be worthwhile to try packaging one of these guys -- Bryz or Kipper -- with one of your surplus scoring forwards/Ds to try to swing a trade for an upgrade in goal. That will only work if one of your fellow managers has good goaltending to spare, tho'.

7Rate my Fantasy team Empty Re: Rate my Fantasy team Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:53 pm

AlfieforPM

AlfieforPM
Prospect
Prospect

rooneypoo wrote:Don't listen to any of this: that is a pretty stacked team! How you ended up with Crosby, Spezza, and Kipper on the same team is a mystery to me -- those guys usually all go in the first 15 picks.

By my count, you've got 5 for sure PPG or better guys, plus Selanne who might do the same. Prospal and Smyth probably won't pass 55 points, and Smyth is bound to spend 20 games on the IR, but every other forward you have 60+ points. With Cammalleri, Selanne, Vanek, and Horton, you should be especially good for goals.

You do have some decent PIM producers, too: Jokinen, Horton, Jovo, and Souray will all put up decent numbers for you (80+), and Selanne can chip in quite a bit too if he feels like it. You might want to see if you can steal a guy like Scotty Hartnell: if he's available now (he often slips through), drop Prospal or Smyth for him immediately; he's good for 100-50 PIM and should have comparable point totals as the other two. Malone is not a bad option, either, if Hartnell is gone.

The D is solid, if not spectacular. Still, Nieds and Kaber should put up lots of points for you. The other three are capable of 40+ seasons with good PIM additions, but they do have injury histories.

I'm not ecstatic about your goalies, but Kipper could well rebound this year. I think Vokoun is useless in standard Yahoo! leagues (he'll kill you in the GAA/SV% department), but Bryzgalov is a very decent second. Might be worthwhile to try packaging one of these guys -- Bryz or Kipper -- with one of your surplus scoring forwards/Ds to try to swing a trade for an upgrade in goal. That will only work if one of your fellow managers has good goaltending to spare, tho'.
Last year I (as well as many of the other managers in my league) learned that Goalies don't have a huge role in this league's scoring format, and this is why guys like Kipper and Brodeur fell to the 4th and 5th round. The forwards seem to carry the team (hence my focus on scoring). With goaltending, at least last year it was so easy to pick up a hot goalie in the FA pool to pick up points. For instance if Vokun does not perforn I could simply drop him (or trade if he is sought after) for a guy like Biron (who I think is still available) or even perhaps Jonathan Bernier. Last year it was easy, Conklin got hot and he put up huge points for the owner who picked him up, then Tim Thomas then it was Carey price and so on. I can always invest in FA goalies later, but I will keep the guys I have for a few weeks at least. Last year Vokun made the most saves in the league and was the 3rd best goalie in my fantasy league. I don't think he will have to up as many saves this year with Florida's stellar D and therefore his fantasy production will drop BUT he will still produce. I think he's still a top 10 goalie fantasy performer but we'll have to see. Bryzgalov could very well beat him out of my lineup, as i have high hopes for him.

8Rate my Fantasy team Empty Re: Rate my Fantasy team Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Your pool either has 2-3 GMs, or you are a Primary teacher and you organized a pool with your JK or SK class. No other way to explain getting Crosby, Spezza and St. Louis otherwise.

I'm surprised with PIMs you didn't grab Carcillo. Our format gives 1/4 point for PIMs and he would have been a stud last season (80-some points just from PIMs).

AlfieforPM wrote:Thought I'd start a thread where we could all talk about our fantasy teams.

Here's my fantasy team, keep in mind it is in a yahoo league where PIMS, shots, saves, +/- all count. THe league has 9 gms (all my close buddy's who I believe are very knowledgable when it comes to hockey), and there are 9 forwards, 4 D and 2 Goalies that play (4 players on the Bench). I believe I dominated my draft and have to best team in the league by far.

Forwards
Crosby
Spezza
Jokinen (due for a massive year, especially with all the shots he takes)
St. Louis
Cammeleri
Selanne (my steal of the draft)
Vanek
Boyes
Nathan Horton
Prospal (Bench)
Smyth (Bench)

Defense
S. Niedermayer
Jovanoski
Weber
T. Kaberle
Souray (Bench)

Goalies
Kippersoff
Vokun
Bryzgalov (Bench)

As you can see my forwards are the strength of my team because of my choice to draft them early but I think I did a good job of getting late rounders to fill in my Goalies and D.

9Rate my Fantasy team Empty Re: Rate my Fantasy team Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:01 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

AlfieforPM wrote:
Last year I (as well as many of the other managers in my league) learned that Goalies don't have a huge role in this league's scoring format, and this is why guys like Kipper and Brodeur fell to the 4th and 5th round. The forwards seem to carry the team (hence my focus on scoring). With goaltending, at least last year it was so easy to pick up a hot goalie in the FA pool to pick up points. For instance if Vokun does not perforn I could simply drop him (or trade if he is sought after) for a guy like Biron (who I think is still available) or even perhaps Jonathan Bernier. Last year it was easy, Conklin got hot and he put up huge points for the owner who picked him up, then Tim Thomas then it was Carey price and so on. I can always invest in FA goalies later, but I will keep the guys I have for a few weeks at least. Last year Vokun made the most saves in the league and was the 3rd best goalie in my fantasy league. I don't think he will have to up as many saves this year with Florida's stellar D and therefore his fantasy production will drop BUT he will still produce. I think he's still a top 10 goalie fantasy performer but we'll have to see. Bryzgalov could very well beat him out of my lineup, as i have high hopes for him.

Ah, I think we've had this Vokoun disagreement before. I play in H2H leagues with standard Yahoo! scoring (W, GAA, SV) plus SV%, so he's just not a viable option for me, ever. One blowout and he forfeits your GAA and SV% categories for the week.

Anyway, I have little doubt that Bryzgalov will be a solid second for you, although I wouldn't rule out packing him with one of your forwards to try to get an upgrade. And go get Hartnell if he's still available!

10Rate my Fantasy team Empty Re: Rate my Fantasy team Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:26 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Hey guys. Had a Yahoo draft on Sunday. 10 team roto league. I drafted 9th. Let me know what you think.

10 team Roto League. G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG / W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
2C/2LW/2RW - 4D - 2G - 1Utl - 4 Benched
C: Getzlaf, Briere, Fisher
LW: Nash, Frolov, Prospal
RW: Hossa, St. Louis, Brown
D: Chara, Visnovsky, Burns, Keith, Weber, Lee
G: Giguere, Leclaire

There's a Games Played max of 92 games, so you have to keep an eye on things. I decided to draft heavy on D do to this since there are 4 spots available on D.

There are a bunch of High end rookies still available in FA, so some tweeking can be done here and there, depending on how things look after the first few weeks of the season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum