GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
spader
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He was +13 in his 20 games for Hershey too. His salary for the rest of the year works out to something like $130K. This is as low risk as low risk gets.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:He was +13 in his 20 games for Hershey too.  His salary for the rest of the year works out to something like $130K.  This is as low risk as low risk gets.  

One year removed from 34 pts. in 58 games. I'm betting he's hungrier than any of the "Young and Hungry" options we might have in Bingo or even already in Ottawa. Solid pick up with the added bonus that it will send the PrinceTh Sens into a spiral of misery and anger.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:He was +13 in his 20 games for Hershey too.  His salary for the rest of the year works out to something like $130K.  This is as low risk as low risk gets.  

One year removed from 34 pts. in 58 games. I'm betting he's hungrier than any of the "Young and Hungry" options we might have in Bingo or even already in Ottawa. Solid pick up with the added bonus that it will send the PrinceTh Sens into a spiral of misery and anger.

See, that's what I don't understand. He gets a PTO with NJ, puts up a ~50 point pace and they don't re-sign him the next year. What else was he supposed to do for them lol?

It's a nice pickup, I was really impressed with how he responded to the PTO, even if it's a year removed.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

This is not a bad low risk/high reward signing. But:

1. Why didn't you do make this trade Monday for a half eaten ham sandwich so that he would be playoff eligible? I'm sure there is some ECHL contract they could have dumped.
2. What a loud and clear condemnation of any centres not named Pageau. While a lot of players on this roster have been a centre before or in junior, they are not centres at the NHL level. The way the Sens played for the first 30 minutes underscored what Cameron said at the All-Star break about the quality of this team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:This is not a bad low risk/high reward signing. But:

1. Why didn't you do make this trade Monday for a half eaten ham sandwich so that he would be playoff eligible? I'm sure there is some ECHL contract they could have dumped.
2. What a loud and clear condemnation of any centres not named Pageau. While a lot of players on this roster have been a centre before or in junior, they are not centres at the NHL level. The way the Sens played for the first 30 minutes underscored what Cameron said at the All-Star break about the quality of this team.

Why, did an organization have him signed? I think he was signed specifically to Hershey, so if anything the Sens could have signed him on Monday. Not sure the logistics.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I wasn't paying much attention around the ASG. What did Cameron say?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Now we can bring this back:

http://www.didscottgomezscore.com/

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:

Why, did an organization have him signed?  I think he was signed specifically to Hershey, so if anything the Sens could have signed him on Monday.  Not sure the logistics.

He asked Hersey to release him yesterday.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Personally I'd rather see the kids play, even if it means loosing games. Which I don't think Scott will change much in that realm.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Personally I'd rather see the kids play, even if it means loosing games. Which I don't think Scott will change much in that realm.

Turris and Mac are shut down though, so I assume every C moves up one rung and Gomez takes on 4th line duty - or maybe 3rd in a pinch + PP time.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:

I wasn't paying much attention around the ASG. What did Cameron say?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/senators-coach-dave-cameron-were-slow-learners/

It was Ottawa’s third loss in its past four games and Cameron said he was frustrated by his team’s “second-tier” effort and their overall inconsistency.

“For me it’s almost like it’s too hard for some guys to play the right way every night,” he said. “And we’re 50-some games into this year… and we said at the start of the year we’ll know what we are in terms of players and right now, when you drop off like that and that’s not the first time we’ve done it, I’m starting to think it might be too hard for guys to be able to play in the National Hockey League at a high level.”

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

^ Who is he referencing there? Zibanejad?

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispensed wrote:^ Who is he referencing there?  Zibanejad?

I don't know - the whole team would be my guess. Given the way they have played this year, it is an accurate quote and a pretty clear message to fans and management that this team is not good enough. Since then, they got Phaneuf and that has settled the D.

Until the Senators address the centre ice position, they will be a middling team.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:^ Who is he referencing there?  Zibanejad?

I don't know - the whole team would be my guess. Given the way they have played this year, it is an accurate quote and a pretty clear message to fans and management that this team is not good enough. Since then, they got Phaneuf and that has settled the D.

Until the Senators address the centre ice position, they will be a middling team.

Yeah, the more time goes by the less I see Zib as the answer. I think the skill is there but it's the compete that doesn't seem to be there on a nightly basis. It's like he doesn't really want it no you have to want it every game.

We could sit on him and hope it comes because he is still young or we could move him as he's still young and still has value and maximize before his value starts to drop.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Wait till Zib gets to 50 points....and then form the template for a Zibby for Giroux deal Sarcasm

Interesting to hear about Scott Gomez signing. Maybe he can help our dreadful power play. Sucks about Macarthur, but I too would advise him to shut it down. We're likely not in the race anymore two weeks from now.

Also, despite the awesome comeback last night to salvage a point, we actually lost ground last night on Boston, the closest team in the standings base don games played Facepalm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:No one who knows one iota about hockey could possible argue that.

Here's your choices (and you can pick 2):

Dzingel
Paul
Prince

Argue what?

As for picking two of the three, Paul (like his size) and for the other one need to know what I'm picking for.  I like Dzingel's hustle out there but he is really small and his skill isn't quite there yet.  Energy line?  I'd take Dzingle.  Top-six role?  Probably just wait for another choice.  Third line, I probably take Prince.

Argue that there are other players that the coaching staff and management likes better.  We're flush with tweeners.

And Dzingel is so much better than Prince, it's not even funny.  More tenacious on the puck, a battler, hits, gets to the front of the net, comparable speed.

Prince was lapped by other prospects and that was the end of that.

I wouldn't go so far as saying "so much better than Prince". I like his hustle but that's about it. And I'll remind you yet again, I don't really like Prince. I don't dislike him but I was never pulling for him (certainly not like you've been pulling for Dzingel). Personally, I don't see anything special with Dzingle that I haven't seen in any number of call ups. I think you would have seen more from Prince if he had stayed in Bingo and was called up, problem was with his waiver status.

Anyhow, Prince, an offensive player, was playing on a 4th line and still produced OK numbers in points, and was very strong in possession and shot attempts.

Tell you what, instead of trying to compare him to Dzingel, why not try Chiasson?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:We signed SCOTT GOMEZ??

Finally! We can stop talking about Prince.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maximize the value. Go out and spend the assets needed to upgrade the 1C position and push Turris down. It's not that ZBad is poor, but he's not a 1C and as good as Turris is, you need someone to insulate him.

Same old story...they must realize they need to do it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum