GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
spader
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 52 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Meh, it could go either way.  I'd personally love to upgrade him, but I'm starting to think that might not be possible.   A couple of big wingers might compensate as we continue to hope that zbad can take the next step.

His size and speed is tantalizing for sure

I just don't see who's available via trade that is an upgrade.

Me neither. I thought maybe duchene, but I doubt it now. Although Colorado will have issues with the cap soon

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:What is this and why do you think that's Neely?

SensChirp. Definitely NEELY. Just read the comments

I post there and XYZ hasn't attacked me yet so it can't be NEELY.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Trade ZBad and Chabot for Drouin, sign David Backes, win the Cup for years to come. Easy.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Found NEELY. Nice to see we share the same views on everything.

https://disqus.com/by/senschirp-8a6adfadeaa80359186cb80ce7097ddf/

Well he's an idiot, so not surprised you share the same views as him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Clarkie Mac won't play this week, but apparently hopes to return for the final four games of the season.  Why he would do that, I dunno.  Take the extra few months.  

He's come out and said it a few times -- he can't stand the thought of waiting a whole summer to know if he can play or not. He wants to know as soon as possible.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I do. I miss NEELY.

Get a room.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Clarkie Mac won't play this week, but apparently hopes to return for the final four games of the season.  Why he would do that, I dunno.  Take the extra few months.  

He's come out and said it a few times -- he can't stand the thought of waiting a whole summer to know if he can play or not.  He wants to know  as soon as possible.

He can simulate it well enough without the physical contact...go and skate hard for 20 minutes. And I totally understand that he won't know for sure until he takes a big hit, but why rush back just to find out? I think an extra five months off would be advisable to make sure the brain has healed as well as possible.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Ev wrote:Found NEELY. Nice to see we share the same views on everything.

https://disqus.com/by/senschirp-8a6adfadeaa80359186cb80ce7097ddf/

Well he's an idiot, so not surprised you share the same views as him.  

Laugh1

I actually suspected NEELY was "Simple Jack."

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No way this is NEELY:

Obviously you like talking to people here so take it as constructive feedback from the people who are here and just have a conversation.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Trade ZBad and Chabot for Drouin, sign David Backes, win the Cup for years to come.  Easy.

Zbad and Chabot for Drouin?  Yikes! And then you have Backes, the most American of all Americans signing in Ottawa? Hmmm....seems legit. Sarcasm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Trade ZBad and Chabot for Drouin, sign David Backes, win the Cup for years to come.  Easy.

Zbad and Chabot for Drouin?  Yikes!  And then you have Backes, the most American of all Americans signing in Ottawa?  Hmmm....seems legit.  Sarcasm

Alright, I'll take Stamkos instead of Backes if I must.

Yeah, it's all pie in the sky stuff.

Do you consider my offer for Drouin to be too much? It's a 3rd line centre and an unproven prospect for a really highly touted unproven prospect....

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Meh, it could go either way.  I'd personally love to upgrade him, but I'm starting to think that might not be possible.   A couple of big wingers might compensate as we continue to hope that zbad can take the next step.

Me neither.  I thought maybe duchene, but I doubt it now.  Although Colorado will have issues with the cap soon

i think it's too hopeful right now. the advantage with Dushene is that they can switch him from center to the wing. i'm not extremely familiar with colorado's cap constraints but i don't think they are much of a cap team and with mackinnon needing a raise in the off season... still they will likely part ways with shawn matthias it won't be too long until iginla is off the books. they might have to suffer through a tight year but i wouldn't part with dushene if i was them.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And this:

Phaneuf was a great start. I like the blueline heading into next year especially if they have Chabot rotating in as the #6, 7 guy with a proven vet.

There's no way NEELY would advocate putting a skinny 19-year-old D-man out of the Q into an NHL game.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

at this point you have to wonder if zib for drouin isn't enough. maybe ad a pick but no need to add chabot.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I said it in the other thread, but I'll say it here.  David Backes is an intriguing FA name this summer.  The only thing is that he's a right-shot centre, but I'm willing to overlook that.  He's a big boy that is everything we hoped ZBad would become.  He's American though, and I doubt he chooses to come here...but still, intriguing.  If we can somehow flip ZBad for Drouin, and then fill the centre hole with a FA...all is well.

My assumption is that he gets re-signed, but he'd be an amazing addition.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, this one is conclusive. Not NEELY:

You literally know nothing about what's best for his development, neither do I. Every single player is different.

QED

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:OK, this one is conclusive.  Not NEELY:

You literally know nothing about what's best for his development, neither do I. Every single player is different.

QED

I don't know. I bolded a portion that seems to scream N4L.

EDIT: I don't know why we're talking about whether or not a poster that used to post here is a poster that is currently posting on another site. Who cares?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Me neither.  I thought maybe duchene, but I doubt it now.  Although Colorado will have issues with the cap soon

i think it's too hopeful right now. the advantage with Dushene is that they can switch him from center to the wing. i'm not extremely familiar with colorado's cap constraints  but i don't think they are much of a cap team and with mackinnon needing a raise in the off season... still they will likely part ways with shawn matthias it won't be too long until iginla is off the books. they might have to suffer through a tight year but i wouldn't part with dushene if i was them.

MacKinnon, but also Tyson Barrie who is gonna cost a TON to re-sign.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 52 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum