GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
spader
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Prince on a line with Johnny T and Strome at practice.  #BOOM!

And taken off fairly early in the game.

Awww I'm sure the 6th Sens was all ready to take a big dump on the Sens (again) for trading him instead of using him.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Prince on a line with Johnny T and Strome at practice.  #BOOM!

And taken off fairly early in the game.

Awww I'm sure the 6th Sens was all ready to take a big dump on the Sens (again) for trading him instead of using him.

Actually an interesting blog on this:

http://www.silversevensens.com/2016/3/2/11138090/troubling-feeling-behind-prince-debacle

I missed this Murray quote:

He wasn’t playing much here. He deserved to play. He’s a good guy. He worked hard in practice. He did all the things, but we felt that there were a couple of people in line that could take that job and the coaching staff appeared to like more. So we felt to be fair to us and to be fair to Shane, it was the right thing to do.

Keep in mind that Cameron is Melnyk's guy and Murray is possibly on his way out, one way or another.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No one who knows one iota about hockey could possible argue that.

Here's your choices (and you can pick 2):

Dzingel
Paul
Prince

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:No one who knows one iota about hockey could possible argue that.

Dzingel
Paul
Prince

Argue what?

As for picking two of the three, Paul (like his size) and for the other one need to know what I'm picking for. I like Dzingel's hustle out there but he is really small and his skill isn't quite there yet. Energy line? I'd take Dzingle. Top-six role? Probably just wait for another choice. Third line, I probably take Prince.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

CMac didn't pass his baseline test, so he won't be back tomorrow.

I think, at this point in time, they really should consider shutting him down for the season.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I guess CMac said it looks like he'll be out for at least another 2 weeks. Blows.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:No one who knows one iota about hockey could possible argue that.

Dzingel
Paul
Prince

Argue what?

As for picking two of the three, Paul (like his size) and for the other one need to know what I'm picking for.  I like Dzingel's hustle out there but he is really small and his skill isn't quite there yet.  Energy line?  I'd take Dzingle.  Top-six role?  Probably just wait for another choice.  Third line, I probably take Prince.

Argue that there are other players that the coaching staff and management likes better. We're flush with tweeners.

And Dzingel is so much better than Prince, it's not even funny. More tenacious on the puck, a battler, hits, gets to the front of the net, comparable speed.

Prince was lapped by other prospects and that was the end of that.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hehe. Still arguing about Prince? If ever there was a player fans should be indifferent about...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Matrix is only day-to-day. Apparently the injury isn't that bad. That said, I am pretty sure we see The Hamburglar tomorrow against the Lightning. And then we have Toronto/Dallas on Saturday/Sunday (in Toronto and then home, with less then a 24 hours turnaround to boot). Maybe Matrix is back for one of those games.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We signed SCOTT GOMEZ??

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Weird...but alrighty then!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He was on an AHL tryout with Hershey that he got out of yesterday.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/scott-gomez-exercises-release-from-hershey-bears-tryout-162439540.html

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

24 pts in 20 games with Hershey over the past couple months.

He'd be ineligible for the playoffs should we qualify.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:24 pts in 20 games with Hershey over the past couple months.

He'd be ineligible for the playoffs should we qualify.

Pretty limited options for adding a substitute top 9 C at this stage of the season.... But, playoffs or no, this is, in the end, just a stop gap to lessen the hurt of losing Turris at such an inopportune time. At least BM is trying to do something to fill Turris's void.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can't wait to read the whiney tweets about why did we sign Gomez when we had Prince on the bench.

Anyway, yeah, this is at least trying SOMETHING with a guy that put up a bunch of points in pro hockey over the last couple of months.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He was +13 in his 20 games for Hershey too. His salary for the rest of the year works out to something like $130K. This is as low risk as low risk gets.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:He was +13 in his 20 games for Hershey too.  His salary for the rest of the year works out to something like $130K.  This is as low risk as low risk gets.  

One year removed from 34 pts. in 58 games. I'm betting he's hungrier than any of the "Young and Hungry" options we might have in Bingo or even already in Ottawa. Solid pick up with the added bonus that it will send the PrinceTh Sens into a spiral of misery and anger.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:He was +13 in his 20 games for Hershey too.  His salary for the rest of the year works out to something like $130K.  This is as low risk as low risk gets.  

One year removed from 34 pts. in 58 games. I'm betting he's hungrier than any of the "Young and Hungry" options we might have in Bingo or even already in Ottawa. Solid pick up with the added bonus that it will send the PrinceTh Sens into a spiral of misery and anger.

See, that's what I don't understand. He gets a PTO with NJ, puts up a ~50 point pace and they don't re-sign him the next year. What else was he supposed to do for them lol?

It's a nice pickup, I was really impressed with how he responded to the PTO, even if it's a year removed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum