GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do we fix the Senators

+10
dennycrane
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 27]

286How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:11 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:First thing first -- trade Anderson and play Hammond the rest of the way.  Either go on another fantastic run or crash and burn and get better odds in the lottery.  Get Bishop back from the Lightning (when they cannot afford him).  If they won't move Bishop soon enough go with Driedger/Hammond tandem.  
Bishop is not getting moved this summer.  

Trading Anderson now is one of the dumbest things we could do.  I was in favour of trading him when we had both Lehner and Bishop but the decision was made and they chose Andy.  

I'm ready to move on. Get a good pick in the trade and a better pick via the tank.

287How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:14 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:Tampa has a bit over $48.5M in contracts next season.  That's with 6 forwards, 6 defensemen and the two goalies.  Add $10M for Stamkos, $2.5M (minimum QO) for Killorn, $5M for Kucherov and you are at  $66M and still need 3 more forwards and a 7th D.  You'd want to re-sign Brown and Namestnikov, and at about half a point per game, that'll cost you another $4M+.  You also want to re-sign Nesterov since you're likely losing Coburn (which means Nesterov is in your top six with Koekkoek as you 7th) -- that's going to be close to another $2M.  So you are probably already at the cap, and still need another forward.  And I was probably a bit too optimistic with some of those salaries.

They have to lose/move one of Stamkos, Callahan or Bishop.  Callahan's contract is a boat anchor.  They don't want to lose Stamkos for nothing, and with Vasilevski and Gudlevskis they likely have the most depth in goal.

On the other hand, I suppose they could buy out Callahan, but that's a lot of money for a *loong* time.

So Bishop is plan A, but I'm prepared to go with a Driedger/Hammond tandem for one season if need be.  If it doesn't work out there's always the free-agent market or trade.

Namestnikov, Kucherov and Nestorov are all coming off ELCs and have no arb rights.  They can keep those contracts much lower than you project.    The return for Drouin will likely be a player or two on ELCs so there is more cost savings.  

They will likely move on from Bishop but it will be next year.  

I'm actually very curious about this. I have a suspicion their contracta wil be higher than what I'm suggesting as I usually am quite cheap. Sure, I could be wrong.

288How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:07 pm

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispensed wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Man, id love duchene.  Id give a lot to have him here
We have the pieces to get it done.  

Theoretically, i guess, but if i was in colorado's position id want a top pairing dman back, not prospects and picks/zibanejad
They need to re-sign MacKinnon and Barrie so they may want to free up some cash, they are a budget team like us. I think Zbad and Chabot along with a first for Duchesne and a 2nd is in the ball park. The one guy I don't want is RNH.

289How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:56 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rnh would be fantastic. He's a two way stud.

The sens won't need much fixing. We're very much like Tampa the year they drafted drouin. We'll be right back in the mix next year with turris healthy and Colin white leading the charge

290How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:41 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Tampa has a bit over $48.5M in contracts next season.  That's with 6 forwards, 6 defensemen and the two goalies.  Add $10M for Stamkos, $2.5M (minimum QO) for Killorn, $5M for Kucherov and you are at  $66M and still need 3 more forwards and a 7th D.  You'd want to re-sign Brown and Namestnikov, and at about half a point per game, that'll cost you another $4M+.  You also want to re-sign Nesterov since you're likely losing Coburn (which means Nesterov is in your top six with Koekkoek as you 7th) -- that's going to be close to another $2M.  So you are probably already at the cap, and still need another forward.  And I was probably a bit too optimistic with some of those salaries.

They have to lose/move one of Stamkos, Callahan or Bishop.  Callahan's contract is a boat anchor.  They don't want to lose Stamkos for nothing, and with Vasilevski and Gudlevskis they likely have the most depth in goal.

On the other hand, I suppose they could buy out Callahan, but that's a lot of money for a *loong* time.

So Bishop is plan A, but I'm prepared to go with a Driedger/Hammond tandem for one season if need be.  If it doesn't work out there's always the free-agent market or trade.
And if stamkos leaves that leaves them fine in terms of cap.
No way we go forward with that tandem even for a season.

If Stamkos leaves then the Sens might as well pack it up and move to Quebec City, as the Leafs Nation will take over the other 37 home games chanting "This-is-OUR-house".

It will never happen.

And then, again, it might.

And Driedger as a lifetime 1.000 SV% and 0.00 GAA.  Fact.
Who says that if stamkos leaves it's for Toronto?

Everyone on TSN Smile
Actually no. Even Dreger says he thinks it's a remote possibility. Everyone on TSN doesn't think that will happen. They all say if yzerman doesn't resign him he will likely go to a contender.

291How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:30 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How many players sign to go to contenders? I don't see him not going to Toronto at this point

292How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:43 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Rnh would be fantastic. He's a two way stud.

The sens won't need much fixing. We're very much like Tampa the year they drafted drouin. We'll be right back in the mix next year with turris healthy and Colin white leading the charge
RNH and Turris combined weigh in at about 250 pounds.

293How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:56 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:How many players sign to go to contenders? I don't see him not going to Toronto at this point
why would he waste his best years by playing for a team that is nowhere near contending? makes no sense. someone else will make room for him and the 12 mill he'll be seeking.

294How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:How many players sign to go to contenders? I don't see him not going to Toronto at this point

Forsberg, back in the day (but ruined the chemistry in Nashville and they flopped). Bourque, of course. That "probably not" guy that used to be popular around here.

But usually it's an older player. If you are talking about a guy in his prime, can't think of one off hand. Thing is, Tampa went to the final last season. You can't get more "contender" than that.

295How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
why would he waste his best years by playing for a team that is nowhere near contending? makes no sense. someone else will make room for him and the 12 mill he'll be seeking.

Maybe they'll win the Cup this year and then he's free to go "home".

296How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:59 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There are no guarantees of contending. Toronto might be as good as Tampa in a couple of years. Tampa won't win this year and I bet they miss the playoffs

297How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:24 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Man, id love duchene.  Id give a lot to have him here
We have the pieces to get it done.  

Theoretically, i guess, but if i was in colorado's position id want a top pairing dman back, not prospects and picks/zibanejad
They need to re-sign MacKinnon and Barrie so they may want to free up some cash, they are a budget team like us.  I think Zbad and Chabot along with a first for Duchesne and a 2nd is in the ball park.   The one guy I don't want is RNH.  

We need a LH Centre pretty badly. I'm not a huge fan of RNH but he would fill that need. I'd prefer Duchene and I'm not sure you would need to add all that much to Zibanejad because of his age and point production. But we'll probably never know...

298How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:28 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Both Bobby Mac and Dreger have come out recently on TV and in print to say that they doubt Stamkos signs in Toronto. It's funny, it's almost as if they're doing it for someone else's agenda.

I have a tough time imaging that a logical adult would choose to play for the Toronto Maple Leafs over a bunch of other teams (especially when $9M in Tampa is actually more money in your pocket than $12M in Toronto), but stranger things have happened. Stamkos was a Leafs fan growing up, so who knows how stupid he actually is? The bridge with Tampa may already be burnt and it might be traced back to the Marty St Louis situation (Stamkos' good buddy).

Anyhow, yeah, now it looks like we need another good centre (since ZBad is a Diddle nut).

299How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dang, i want duchene so bad

300How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:56 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Was there some sort of rumour suggesting the Avs are trying to trade him? After losing ROR, I don't think they would have any interest in moving Duchene..?

301How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:10 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Was there some sort of rumour suggesting the Avs are trying to trade him?  After losing ROR, I don't think they would have any interest in moving Duchene..?

Yeah, a couple of months ago, when the avs were terrible

302How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:19 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Was there some sort of rumour suggesting the Avs are trying to trade him?  After losing ROR, I don't think they would have any interest in moving Duchene..?

Interesting. Seems like a weird guy to move since he's really good, and his contract is really good ($6M for the next few seasons).

What would he cost? ZBad, White, Wiercioch, 1st?

303How do we fix the Senators - Page 20 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Interesting.  Seems like a weird guy to move since he's really good, and his contract is really good ($6M for the next few seasons).  

What would he cost?  ZBad, White, Wiercioch, 1st?

Something like that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum