GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do we fix the Senators

+10
dennycrane
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 27]

151How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:50 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Id like to get Phaneuf.

Not on that contract! Also did you see his play tonight? Gag

Contract's fine. He would be excellent here.

152How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:32 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Id like to get Phaneuf.
I think I've developed an aversion to phaneuf.
I'm trying to be objective. If they retained some money it could be interesting but I'm sure the price is still pretty high.

153How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:12 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Smith could get a late second I would imagine.  
That's being hopeful.
9 goals, 3 of them shorthanded and plus 5 on a team that is minus 22.   I wouldn't trade him for less.  

Make that 10 goals now, old friend.

154How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:53 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So apperently now we are being linked to Loui Eriksson. I'm not against getting him and resigning him but can we please adress the blue line please?!?

155How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Geez, eriksson would be amazing and worth the 6 mil he'll want. I want a blueliner, but we could use hoffman to get one if we got eriksson.

156How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:39 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I'd rather pay Hoffman 6M than Eriksson. I worry about giving term to a 31 year old forward.

157How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:I'd rather pay Hoffman 6M than Eriksson.  I worry about giving term to a 31 year old forward.  

Without looking at the cap, any reason why we can't have both? Loui plays LW also. God knows if MacArthur will ever play again. He'd also be great to be playing with pageau.
Loui also plays the PK. Which we could use.

But yes, adress the blue line. You have too. You also have to think the sens are gonna make a move on someone. You hope Cowen, Phillips and Neil's money are off the books and hopefuly we walk away from greening. Opens up a walk load of cap space.even if we kept Neil, is he making more than a million? Personally he's not my choice of player we keep but...

158How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:49 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:So apperently now we are being linked to Loui Eriksson.  I'm not against getting him and resigning him but can we please adress the blue line please?!?

If Eriksson is a possibility you just do it. It's not like you say "I like Eriksson but I have to wait because I have to fix the D first. "

Anyway a smart forward like that will help the team D which is the bigger issue than just the D position.

159How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:So apperently now we are being linked to Loui Eriksson.  I'm not against getting him and resigning him but can we please adress the blue line please?!?

If Eriksson is a possibility you just do it. It's not like you say "I like Eriksson but I have to wait because I have to fix the D first. "

Anyway a smart forward like that will help the team D which is the bigger issue than just the D position.

well i think it depends on the cost. I hate to make presumptions but i feel that if there is a player out there that we have a legitimate shot at landing in the off season at no extra cost it's him. the fact that he's friends with karlsson and that we play a style of game that would work well with him would make it interesting for him to come here. so is it worth it to trade assets for a guy we might get in the off season just so we can maybe win a few more games?
I get that he could be traded for a resigned by another. it's a risk.

160How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:I'd rather pay Hoffman 6M than Eriksson.  I worry about giving term to a 31 year old forward.  

Eriksson is so good though, much more complete player than hoffman. I know we want that goal scoring game breaking forward, but if we can parlay hoff into a top.pairing dman we're ahead imo

161How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:44 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anyone else getting timeout responses when trying to post?

162How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:38 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:

Without looking at the cap, any reason why we can't have both? Loui plays LW also. God knows if MacArthur will ever play again. He'd also be great to be playing with pageau.

But yes, adress the blue line. You have too. You also have to think the sens are gonna make a move on someone. You hope Cowen, Phillips and Neil's money are off the books and hopefuly we walk away from greening. Opens up a walk load of cap space.even if we kept Neil, is he making more than a million?  Personally he's not my choice of player we keep but...
Ericsson is a left shooting RW. LW is fine next year with Hoff/Mac/Puempel/Michalek. RW is fine with Ryan/Stone/Lazar/Chiaisson. What we need is a true top pairing LD and either a massive jump by ZBad or an upgrade.

163How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah let's get rid of Hoffman. The thread is not "how do we break the Senators?"

164How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:04 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

But yes, adress the blue line. You have too. You also have to think the sens are gonna make a move on someone. You hope Cowen, Phillips and Neil's money are off the books and hopefuly we walk away from greening. Opens up a walk load of cap space.even if we kept Neil, is he making more than a million?  Personally he's not my choice of player we keep but...
Ericsson is a left shooting RW.  LW is fine next year with Hoff/Mac/Puempel/Michalek. RW is fine with Ryan/Stone/Lazar/Chiaisson.   What we need is a true top pairing LD and either a massive jump by ZBad or an upgrade.  
He's a LW/RW so either side is good. And past hoff it be nice to have someone else. Mac "if he can play" can play on the third with michalek on the Fournier and have depth on the wing coming up. Either way you don't pass on someone like Loui if you can get him through FA. But yes. We need to adress the second pairing Dman. That might cost us puempel and some picks and another NHL player. Hopefuly someone like wier.

165How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:32 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:

Eriksson is so good though, much more complete player than hoffman.  I know we want that goal scoring game breaking forward, but if we can parlay hoff into a top.pairing dman we're ahead imo

I'm not a huge Hoffman fan, I think he's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder and he has a bit of an attitude, and I honestly did not think Hoffman would repeat the success of his first year, much less improve on it in his sophomore season. But what has this kid done other than everything asked of him? Spent a long time in the AHL (smaller player, that broken collarbone probably didn't help), came up and played small minutes, little PP time, yet led the team (and all rookies) in goals. He was 2nd among forwards with a +16 so he was not a defensive liability (remember couple years ago Ovechkin had 51 goals and was -35? that's not Hoffman).

He is not a 100% perfect player, but he's not getting paid like one, either. We have plenty of "scoring forwards" that come up with skill and flash but this is the only one in forever that's actually putting the puck in on a regular basis. Why are we trying to run him out of town?

166How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:45 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Eriksson is so good though, much more complete player than hoffman.  I know we want that goal scoring game breaking forward, but if we can parlay hoff into a top.pairing dman we're ahead imo

I'm not a huge Hoffman fan, I think he's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder and he has a bit of an attitude, and I honestly did not think Hoffman would repeat the success of his first year, much less improve on it in his sophomore season.  But what has this kid done other than everything asked of him?  Spent a long time in the AHL (smaller player, that broken collarbone probably didn't help), came up and played small minutes, little PP time, yet led the team (and all rookies) in goals.  He was 2nd among forwards with a +16 so he was not a defensive liability (remember couple years ago Ovechkin had 51 goals and was -35? that's not Hoffman).  

He is not a 100% perfect player, but he's not getting paid like one, either.  We have plenty of "scoring forwards" that come up with skill and flash but this is the only one in forever that's actually putting the puck in on a regular basis.  Why are we trying to run him out of town?

Oh and Neely and Ev say that " players in the locker room don't like him"

Whatev's

167How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:02 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

With Turris back, and Methot, I think we're fixed.

168How do we fix the Senators - Page 11 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:57 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:With Turris back, and Methot, I think we're fixed.

Better but far from fixed. We might win one here and there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum