GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13

+2
PTFlea
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Empty GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:26 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Another early afternoon affair as the Kings roll into turn for a 2PM game. 4 have into the new season the Senators have largely played as expected on the back end, giving up a league leading 20 goals against (tied with the Leafs, who have played one fewer game). But they are also 11th league wide in goals for per game, which often provides for some fairly fun-to-watch games. And if you consider that Stone and Duchene have yet to get untracked, well, it's pretty clear that Colorado will not be the odds on favorite to win the Jack Hughes sweepstakes.

But the hard "pace in your face" game the Sens are playing comes with many bumps and bruises, and three regulars will be out of the lineup today: Ceci, Dzingel and Formenton join McCormick in the infirmary as Jaros and Paul have been recalled from Belleville. Since Boucher has already said that Harpur will get his first game of the season, it's not clear if Jaros will play or Paul. My gut says they go with 7D and really lean on Stone and Duchene. We'll see.

The Kings are in the second day of their East coast swing after blanking the Habs on Thursday. Quick is on the IR after suffering a lower body injury at practice a week ago. Rookie Jack Campbell picked up his first career shutout and is likely to be in goal this afternoon.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And for those who assume that Jaros will play because he's a rightie (to keep the left-right balance), Harpur had been practicing on the right side. For all his faults, Ceci plays big minutes against the other teams' top players, and you don't replace him with a rookie. Still, it would be interesting to see how the Sens play without Ceci.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ceci has been so weak, it's no loss at all. Keep the Kings to the perimeter and set tkachuk loose and let's do this. I have to pvr and watch tonight.

Stone and Duchene are poised to explode. This aft would be nice

4GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:34 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I predict another big loss. Too many hurt bodies and too many green players. Facing an experienced, although slow team. Speed will be our only weapon. I figure a high scoring affair. 6-3 for the kings

5GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kind don't have a seasoned vet in goal. Jack Campbell had been lights out but he's still technically a rookie. Could easily lay an egg after getting the shutout.

6GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:21 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It'll be interesting to see line combos...I think they might have White with Boedker and Duchene.

Anyway, hopefully Matrix turns in a solid outing and we squeak out a W. There will be absolutely ZERO easy games this season.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This was first game I bet against sens

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Keep doing that. Please.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I actually will lol

10GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:46 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Wideman with the lowest ice time on the team with only 8 minutes Harper led all D in time on ice

11GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've been one of the biggest Ceci supporters/apologists on here. Didn't look like they missed him very much.

12GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I said the during the pre-season and I'll say it again: Harpur wasn't terrible.

13GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chabot is 2nd in D scoring, Lajoie tied for third.

14GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Taking out the empty net goals, the Sens have given up 19 in 5 games which is one fewer than the Leafs after 5 games.

15GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Empty Re: GDT#5: Kings @ Senators: 2PM, Oct. 13 Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:44 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:This was first game I bet against sens

How did that work out for you?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum