GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #31: Kings @ Senators - 7:30pm - Monday Dec. 14 2015

+6
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Ev
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #31: Kings @ Senators - 7:30pm - Monday Dec. 14 2015

GAME DAY #31: Kings @ Senators - 7:30pm - Monday Dec. 14 2015 Large GAME DAY #31: Kings @ Senators - 7:30pm - Monday Dec. 14 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #31: Kings @ Senators - 7:30pm - Monday Dec. 14 2015 Large

In the Seventh Game of Christmas my True Sens gave to me,
Seven and twenty shots (first period)
Six Give-aways
FIVE POWER PLAAAAAYS!
Four first period PIMs,
Another three for Karlsson
Two Hoffman goals
And a loss to that team from Philly.

Two straight regulation losses finds the Senators in the first wildcard spot with 5 teams all within 5 points looking to knock them further down the hill: Jersey is 1 back, Pittsburgh is 2 back but with 2 games in hand, then Florida, Tampa and Philly at 3, 4 and 5 points back, respectively.  These are desperate times.  And with the LA Kings shuffling into town, seething from an OT loss in Buffalo, the desperation level rises.  If the Sens can match their own "desperation level" to that of the situation, we could have quite a game.  If not, we could be out of that wildcard spot Tuesday night. Ahhhhh!

On the other hand, we are tied in points with Boston for 3rd in the Atlantic (although they have 2 games in hand).  Boston is hosting the Oilers. So we could be out of that wildcard spot tonight, too.  Cheering

GO SENS GO!!!

(also Go Oilers)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Driedger is back in Bingo and Hammond back in Ottawa. His conditioning stint included 2 games and 8 goals against. Not great but, then again, he's always done better against NHL shooters.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

After two straight losses Cameron doesn't have the luxury -- or the excuse -- to not make any lineup changes. Let's hope this Boro-as-a-forward experiment is over. Some might say this Wier-as-a-defenseman experiment should also be over. I wouldn't mind seeing him as a forward, to be honest.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boro as a forward is completely fine. In fact it's better because he can just keep hitting without worrying about being in position. A winger game suits him perfectly.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Boro as a forward is completely fine. In fact it's better because he can just keep hitting without worrying about being in position. A winger game suits him perfectly.

Did you ask Turris and Ryan how they felt about it? Have you checked the stats? We are not playing a 7 game series so those big hits are likely benefiting the next team more than us. Meanwhile, from his first game as a forward, at 5v5 when he was on the ice the Sens generated 0 shot attempts while the opposition generated 11. You don't win games in the regular season by outhitting your opponent. You win by outscoring.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens have been real good coming off a loss. I expect a hard-fought game tonight.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I wish the boro at forward experiment would end but it doesn't look like it. Andy to start tonight. Boro back on the 4th line with lazar and neil. Prince benched again.

Perhaps it's because it's the LA kings that play a very physical game, but I hope it ends soon. The habs schooling the sens should show we need more speed than grit.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Boro as a forward is completely fine. In fact it's better because he can just keep hitting without worrying about being in position. A winger game suits him perfectly.

Did you ask Turris and Ryan how they felt about it?  Have you checked the stats?  We are not playing a 7 game series so those big hits are likely benefiting the next team more than us.  Meanwhile, from his first game as a forward, at 5v5 when he was on the ice the Sens generated 0 shot attempts while the opposition generated 11.  You don't win games in the regular season by outhitting your opponent.  You win by outscoring.

Who cares? He played with them for 2 minutes, if that.

I couldn't care less about shot attempts personally.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Sens have been real good coming off a loss. I expect a hard-fought game tonight.

They've lost 4 of their last 5. That means twice they lost two in a row. So their "rebound" control is a little suspect.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

They've lost 3 of 4, not 4 of 5. That would mean they lost the islanders game.

Expect a loss tonight. Kings never lose in Ottawa (at least in recent memory....think they lost in 2010 by some fluke goal that didn't count). And as Pierre Mcguire always puts it, the losing team that ottawa plays is always 'mad'. I wonder when the sens will ever get mad.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ya. Have to agree. Im not very enthusiastic about this game.
My guess is we are getting :rp:

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Sens have been real good coming off a loss. I expect a hard-fought game tonight.

They've lost 4 of their last 5.  That means twice they lost two in a row.  So their "rebound" control is a little suspect.

Yeah. I was just kidding.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

They've lost 4 of their last 5.  That means twice they lost two in a row.  So their "rebound" control is a little suspect.

Yeah. I was just kidding.

That said, I *do* expect a hard fight tonight. I think the problem was that Cameron let them have the day (and night) off on Friday. Ste. Catherine Street. Peel. Stanley. I think some of the boys did a little partying. Maybe Cameron was not so much upset at them as he was at himself for letting them off the leash.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:They've lost 3 of 4, not 4 of 5.  That would mean they lost the islanders game.  

Expect a loss tonight.  Kings never lose in Ottawa (at least in recent memory....think they lost in 2010 by some fluke goal that didn't count).  And as Pierre Mcguire always puts it, the losing team that ottawa plays is always 'mad'.  I wonder when the sens will ever get mad.

Dammit, sometimes when I listen to Pierre I just assume he's always right. He said 4 of 5 this morning.

Don't forget the combined number of years since they won in Dallas or Colorado. The law of averages is in our favor.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:They've lost 3 of 4, not 4 of 5.  That would mean they lost the islanders game.  

Expect a loss tonight.  Kings never lose in Ottawa (at least in recent memory....think they lost in 2010 by some fluke goal that didn't count).  And as Pierre Mcguire always puts it, the losing team that ottawa plays is always 'mad'.  I wonder when the sens will ever get mad.

Dammit, sometimes when I listen to Pierre I just assume he's always right.  He said 4 of 5 this morning.

Don't forget the combined number of years since they won in Dallas or Colorado.  The law of averages is in our favor.

Shhhhhh! You're jinxing the jinx...which means I just jinxed it further.

And yeah I figured you got that from Pierre, I heard that this morning and was like 'Noooo it's not as bad as 4 of 5!' but then again after tonight, it might be...

He's tiring though. Always says whatever team ottawa plays will be mad. So I just expect losses from here on out unless the opposing team is coming off a win.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum